Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

the way I see it, he was never really "evil," just mischievous.

His existence is suffering.

I'm not surprised Waluigi sounds different than he did back then. Baby Mario sounds different too compared to today.

They still have their same voices and all, but they just have different inflections, tones and whatnot.

Almost like they are played by real people who age or something.

Mcmadness said:
Almost like they are played by real people who age or something.
Keep that under wraps.

But Waluigi changed drastically his tone , same with Wario.

when they both were taken by Martinet Wario was more high pitched and Waluigi was more deep pitched and had a rather mean guy voice.

This transitioned into Wario's now deep and goofy voice , and Waluigi's nasal sound , which was a no brainer since he has that nose so the noises can relate.

Everybody basically sounds more ''natural'' in the 64 golf and tennis.

Peach also sounds more natural to Jen taylor's voice instead of the gimmicky High pitch she added later.

Luigi's voice is deeper and Mario sounds more fresh rather than forcefully happy.

ArthurEngine said:
-I prefer spinoff Mario games over mainstream Mario games.

Completely agree

In terms of how much Paper Mario has influenced the overall Mario series and the amount of sales it received compared to other recurring Mario series (Mario Sports, Mario Party etc.), I pretty much have to agree that I don't think it's important.

I think Mario Party 9 is a good game, even with it's flaws.

Time Turner said:
GmanSir said:
Mario Party 4 set the standard look for the all the characters and enemies in 3D (except thwomp).
Super Mario Sunshine came out before MP4, but sure.

He's probably talking about Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Goomba, Boo, Hammer Bro (MP5), etc. characters who didn't appear in Sunshine.

I mean, although Luigi appears in Luigi's Mansion, he looks kinda off compared to his appearance in Mario Party 4.

Only a small handful of recurring characters appeared in Sunshine, anyway. Mario, Peach, Toads, and Bowser are the major ones. Obviously, I'm not including the characters who debuted in Sunshine.
I don't see what TT was getting at.

Back