Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I like SMK more than MK64.

Super Mario World 7 is my favorite bootleg Mario game.

GBA Rainbow Road and Wii Rainbow Road are my 2 favorite Rainbow Roads.

N64 Rainbow Road is overrated. And I'm not using that word lightly.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
N64 Rainbow Road is overrated. And I'm not using that word lightly.

The original or MK8's version?
The original.

Actually I think the music is what makes people love the track, but the track itself is disliked for being boring.

Taranza said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't awful
I never thought of it as an awful game when viewed on its own, but compared to most of the rest of the series, it's nowhere near as good.

NSMB2 isn't really awful unless you can call the other NSMB games awful as well. It's simply the most uninspired of them.

For characters debuting in Super Mario Land 1, I'd have preferred Tatanga become a mainstay over Daisy.

I've been recently replaying NSMB2, and while it may not be the most creative game by a longshot, the level design is actually really clever upon second playthrough, and some secrets can be extra challenging to figure out. So yeah, in the originality department, NSMB2 falls face-first off of a cliff, but as a game, it is a good one

So do I, although I do enjoy Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2.

I can't tell what's more unpopular:

Liking every Kong except for Funky and Diddy.

Hating every Kong except for Funky.

The latter opinion isn't mine.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I like NSMBWii over the original NSMB.

Pesky Plumber said:
I like Mario Kart Super Circuit more than Super Mario Kart.

I don't think either of those are rather unpopular.

Sometimes I think that the castle courses in the New Super Mario Bros. titles feel way too short. One notable offender is World 7-Castle, from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

ArthurEngine said:
I feel the people who dislike Peach for getting kidnapped all the time are hypocrites if they like Bowser.

I feel like people who blame Peach for getting kidnapped all the time instead of the asshole who does it have a severe victim shaming problem.

honestly im convinced peach just gets kidnapped just to take away boredom.

Back