Toad Fan Club

Baby Luigi said:
Toadette should have special powers in her pigtails :P

That I agree with!

I also hope that Nintendo gives more attention to Toad and Toadette!

Yeah.

Or she could, nah, I got nothing!!!

Having Toadette use her pigtails in that type of manner would be interesting indeed! Let's hope we see something like that in the future. It could prove to be quite an interesting move for her considering that she is usually classified as a speed type character.

Toad85 said:
Perhaps Toadette could use her pigtails to fly in a Tails-like method?
MagicalToadette! said:
Yeah! And she could use them like propellers! :tumble:

Cool ideas! She should also use them to travel vertically for a limited period of time! :tumble: It's awesome when people get to bounce ideas of each other.

I also had an idea to make Toadette punch with her pigtails and carry stuff with it :|

Toad is awesome. He's one of my favorite Mario guys. However, Toadsworth is pretty boss-o-matic as well. Any Toad is cool with me.

Toadsworth needs to appear in more games. Period.

Baby Luigi said:

Agreed, but just hopefully not replacing Toad again (hopefully Toad gets a more active/different role while Toadsworth plays the supporting roles in the future). :)

Toadette too is long due for a new appearance as well.

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

Agreed, but just hopefully not replacing Toad again (hopefully Toad gets a more active/different role while Toadsworth plays the supporting roles in the future). :)

She, Baby Luigi, and Toadsworth are all in the same boat right now. They are all long overdue for a new appearance.

Baby Luigi said:
Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

She, Baby Luigi, and Toadsworth are all in the same boat right now. They are all long overdue for a new appearance.

Definitely agreed. These three should really get some much needed attention in their next appearance let it be a spin-off or not. A great chance for at least Toadette and Baby Luigi would be for a new partner based system spin-off to get announced (we haven't had one of these for a while). At least for a recovery until they are given places in other spin-offs.

Baby Luigi not being in MTO was ridiculous considering that Baby Peach made it in (no offense Baby Peach fans). One would think that Baby Luigi would get a better chance not only due to his importance, but also by the fact that his model isn't too far from Baby Mario's when compared to the other baby.

Toad not being in Mario Tennis Open when he is playable in all recent spin-offs prior to Mario Tennis Open makes no sense either.

But hey, at least there's a Toad suit and Toad DOES make some sort of appearance in the game while Baby Luigi, Toadsworth, and Toadette are left to rot.

Baby Luigi said:
Toad not being in Mario Tennis Open when he is playable in all recent spin-offs prior to Mario Tennis Open makes no sense either.

But hey, at least there's a Toad suit and Toad DOES make some sort of appearance in the game while Baby Luigi, Toadsworth, and Toadette are left to rot.

You do have a point there, but sadly Camelot seems to think he's better suited as a ref (he's only a ref in their games excluding MT64). :(

Though I guess Toad did get the better part of the deal considering he did make some form of appearance. Toadette and Baby Luigi should have definitely made an appearance in a spin-off such as this. Though of course, Camelot's judgement of getting Baby Peach as Baby Mario's partner and excluding Toad really did in their chances.

Hopefully, Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake in future spin-off rosters. To be honest, they really should start listening to the fan bases more often. They had no interest in DLC before, but now they seem to have taken a liking to it recently due to our demands. Some fan demands may be extreme, but I'm sure that most demanded characters would have been obvious choices (quite a lot of people would support their chances). Some people are truly specific to the character they use and without him/her it could be their judgement to getting the game (as ridiculous as it may seem).

If they can give us a perfect, basic roster such as the one from MK: DD, they've already satisfied a good amount of the Mario fan base for the game.

Propeller Toad said:
Some people are truly specific to the character they use and without him/her it could be their judgement to getting the game (as ridiculous as it may seem).

That is true in some cases for me. One of the reasons I did not get Mario Party 9 is that the developers felt the need to scrap Toadette.

Baby Luigi said:
Propeller Toad said:
Some people are truly specific to the character they use and without him/her it could be their judgement to getting the game (as ridiculous as it may seem).

That is true in some cases for me. One of the reasons I did not get Mario Party 9 is that the developers felt the need to scrap Toadette.

Toadette's exclusion was an odd one personally and considering that she was a fan favourite in the previous games, her being axed really did surprise me (I mean even Birdo made it in even though he/she/it joined the series later than Toadette). Hopefully, Nd cube does not repeat the same mistake considering how upset the Toadette fan base was with the game (it really could have been her "revival" game).

Also you're not the only one. I passed up MPT when I discovered that Toad wasn't in it (that Toad/Toadette cameo in the intro surprised me years later). I played MPT at a friend's house before; however, I couldn't find myself to enjoying it as much as I did while I used Toad in MT64 (I used him all the time - I am just like that as in specific games like MKWii I very rarely use anybody besides Toad). It's an odd reasoning; however, whenever an important character is axed for more, less important newcomers, it's not unusual to feel surprised and disappointed especially when he/she is your favourite character.

Toad85 said:
Baby Luigi said:
I also had an idea to make Toadette punch with her pigtails and carry stuff with it :|
^Actually better than my idea.

Maybe she can do both?

Of course.

See, Nintendo loves to waste character's potential. I could see Toadette playing a major role in a Mario game with all of our aforementioned abilities but they don't want anyone not named Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Peach, or Yoshi to appear in their main Mario games as major characters.

Honestly, I think Toad deserves a better role than what he got in Super Mario Galaxy and the Paper Mario series.

:toad:

Perhaps we could get a new puzzle game starring Toad instead of just Wario's Woods

Toad85 said:
I think it should be Toad's Woods anyway.

Or Wario's Woods: Toad Kills Wario or something like that. You don't want to think Toad is the bad guy here.

Back