Toad Fan Club

Baby Luigi said:
And yet, Baby Peach makes it in Mario Tennis before Baby Luigi -_- AND Toad.
I haven't played Mario Tennis, so I wouldn't have known that.

I was talking about Mario Tennis Open, which isn't released yet

Baby Luigi said:
I was talking about Mario Tennis Open, which isn't released yet
Oh. Didn't know it wasn't released yet.

Mario Tennis was also Waluigi's debut.

And I feel your pain Baby Luigi.

I hope Toadette makes it on the next game.

I hope Toadette makes it playable in ANY next spin-off game. Excluding her from Mario Party 9 is just pointless

Baby Luigi said:
I hope Toadette makes it playable in ANY next spin-off game. Excluding her from Mario Party 9 is just pointless
Me too. I know that she's in Mario Party 8 and I think she might be an unlockable in MKWii. I just have a feeling.

MarioBros2 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Me too. I know that she's in Mario Party 8 and I think she might be an unlockable in MKWii. I just have a feeling.

She's playable in Mario Kart Wii, so yes, she's an unlockable.

Baby Luigi said:
MarioBros2 said:
Baby Luigi said:

She's playable in Mario Kart Wii, so yes, she's an unlockable.
How do you unlock her?

Simply race on all 32 Time Trials courses. You don't need to unlock any Expert Staff Ghosts; all you must do is simply race on it. However, if you did unlock all expert staff ghosts, I think you get Mii Outfit B.

Toadette is also unlockable in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Toadette is just neglected like Toad.

Toad is stuck in the tutorial of some spin-offs.

I'm glad Toad made it in Mario Party 9.

IceShadow1199 said:
Toadette is also unlockable in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Toadette is just neglected like Toad.

Toad is stuck in the tutorial of some spin-offs.

I'm glad Toad made it in Mario Party 9.
Sadly, Toadette is more neglected than Toad. :(

^I feel your pain, in the new spin-offs, Toadette should make it to them.

IceShadow1199 said:
^I feel your pain, in the new spin-offs, Toadette should make it to them.
At least she's in Mario Party 8!

I was expecting that Nintendo would focus more on the Toads especially after NSMB Wii, and so far it does seem that they have given more attention to Toad since then (barring MTO). Just giving him better roles and being playable more often would be enough for Toad.

It's unfortunate that Toadette did not get some glory (I agree that she is much more neglected than Toad) though I'm sure she'll make a comeback. Larger rosters are to be expected in the future console Mario spin-off games, so with the Wii U coming soon, I think Toadette will make her reappearance soon enough. Look at Baby Peach. She made her reappearance in MTO since her last appearance in MSS. The Baby Bros. have been absent since MSS, but I'm sure they'll be back soon. It's just that MSS was the most recent spin-off to feature such a larger roster.

It was good to see that she was in MP8; however, that doesn't change the fact that she was completely absent in MP9 (not even a host? - I guess Nd cube isn't too fond of her). I somewhat believe that she may have been a beta playable character as a result of her being absent in the game; but who knows. It's sad to see that Birdo (a character introduced one game after Toadette made it over her in MP9 - though Birdo does have a longer history than Toadette in the general Mario series).

Birdo isn't very popular with the fans, though. That's why she isn't playable a lot even with her long history

Baby Luigi said:
Birdo isn't very popular with the fans, though. That's why she isn't playable a lot even with her long history

Quite true (I'm pretty sure that the most iconic part about Birdo is its indeterminate gender issue).

I personally found it odd to see Birdo over Toadette in MP9. Yes, Birdo is more historic and important to the series than the latter character; however, I have always thought that Toadette had a greater popularity over Birdo in terms of being a playable character. Birdo was even introduced later than Toadette in the MP series as well. :???:

Yeah Toadette was playable before Birdo in the Mario Party series and was even host in two games Birdo did not even appear in

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah Toadette was playable before Birdo in the Mario Party series and was even host in two games Birdo did not even appear in

Ironically both those games were the handheld MP titles which were very specific to the characters they used (Toadette must have been well liked to make it as a major host in both games).

I have to say that her disappearance could be on a part of nd cube's fault considering that Hudson had always included her as a playable character in the console MP titles. Either that, or she was cut somewhere late in development (I still find it unbelievable that every playable character from MP8 had made an appearance playable or not in MP9 except for Toadette). :(

Propeller Toad said:
(I still find it unbelievable that every playable character from MP8 had made an appearance playable or not except for Toadette). :(

That was what I was thinking and that's why I'm enraged at Nd Cube. She at least should make an appearance in the game instead of totally scrapping

I hope that Nintendo doesn't completely scrap her. But then again, several other characters are in the same boat as Toadette (Baby Bros., Toadsworth, basically most of the characters who appeared in Super Sluggers)

Indeed, Nd Cube made a wrong move there. Sigh, axing characters (especially the major ones) is such a wrong move to do. Axing characters only just causes more complaints and sadness with the fans of those characters. Waluigi in MK7, Toadette in MP9, Toad and Toadette in MTO...and the list goes on. The character fits better as a host? That's not much of an excuse if they are popular and have fans who are ready to play as them only.

If they were to at least include the standard set of characters as well as popular ones such as the Baby Bros., Rosalina, Shy Guy, etc, then Nintendo will have a much more popular game. To some people, one character can alone can make the big decision upon an individual getting the specific game or not. I'm already losing interest in MTO as a result of Toad's lack of playability in that game (though I was initially excited for it).

In comparison to a lot of the recent games, I still find MK DD and MK Wii to have excellent rosters. Let's hope MK Wii U will satisfy us all even more. I'm more than certain that Toadette will be returning in this game. :)

Joey Wheeler said:
True, Toadette could've been the "host" explaining the board mechanics instead of Yellow Toad.

I agree with you. Toadette being the ref would have been a good role for her if she couldn't be made playable. To be honest, I think it would have been a smarter move to make Toadsworth the host (since he seems to have ties with the rest of the characters) while Toadette should have been playable. Yes, very much like MP7; however, with more of a Mario style theme. :D

I don't mind Koopa being Toad's new partner though. Maybe if the developers had paired Koopa with Shy Guy and kept Toadette in as Toad's partner, and not putting Kamek on the roster, fans might not complain. Seriously, making Kamek playable seemed like an odd choice since he's one of Bowser's non-generic minions (even though Kamek looks like a generic Magikoopa).

Joey Wheeler said:
I don't mind Koopa being Toad's new partner though. Maybe if the developers had paired Koopa with Shy Guy and kept Toadette in as Toad's partner, and not putting Kamek on the roster, fans might not complain. Seriously, making Kamek playable seemed like an odd choice since he's one of Bowser's non-generic minions (even though Kamek looks like a generic Magikoopa).

I'm not too fond of Koopa being paired with Toad. Yes, they are both small characters and have been in common since SMK; however, I rather have Toadette as Toad's partner. She was specially made to be his partner within the games, and the two seem to fit each other quite well (being just like counterparts to each other).

I personally think that Koopa fits more better as a partner for Shy Guy. Both were enemies in the mainstream Mario games, and both are also quite popular as well (their similar sizes also come to mind).

Kamek was an odd choice (though I guess he's the "random" newcomer that Nintendo seems so enthusiastic about adding in within the newer spin-off rosters). However, Kamek does deserve to be playable more often (though MP9 was an odd choice). Oddly enough, he's named as Magikoopa and not Kamek in the NA versions of MP9.

I honestly think making Kamek playable over Toadette is a dumb move. If Kamek lands on a Bowser Space, Bowser will penalize Kamek! I don't think Nd Cube had thought of that before making Kamek playable.

Baby Luigi said:
I agree, but this is getting off topic.

Back