Toad Fan Club

But I was talking about Toadette in my most recent post!

I just came up with an idea for a Mario game with Toad as the star.

Kamek tells Bowser he can make make a potion that can put people to sleep for a long time and suggests using it on the Mario Bros., Peach, and Yoshi. Kamek says he didn't have enough ingredients to make a fifth potion for Toad, but Bowser's not worried since he doesn't see Toad as a threat. Kamek's sleeping potion works, and Bowser's conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom is a success. Now it's Toad's turn to shine.

Will Toadette be Toad's sidekick?

Toadette could also work as the "Luigi" of the game: when you complete the game with Toad, you can play as Toadette.

Baby Luigi said:
But I was talking about Toadette in my most recent post!
Sorry, didn't see that. I meant Kamek or whatever
Edit: Birdo

Anyhow, what do you think of Joey Wheeler's idea about Toad being in a game where he is the main protagonist?

Other than that. Toad needs to have more major appearances in more games

Baby Luigi said:
Other than that. Toad needs to have more major appearances in more games
Did you see the Toad thing? About the sleeping potion?

Joey Wheeler said:

Kamek tells Bowser he can make make a potion that can put people to sleep for a long time and suggests using it on the Mario Bros., Peach, and Yoshi. Kamek says he didn't have enough ingredients to make a fifth potion for Toad, but Bowser's not worried since he doesn't see Toad as a threat. Kamek's sleeping potion works, and Bowser's conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom is a success. Now it's Toad's turn to shine.

That's a neat idea actually and I would love to see Nintendo giving a starring role to Toad. Your idea does make an interesting way to force Toad to becoming a hero once again. Toadette as his partner would be an excellent way for her to get some importance as well.

This actually reminds me of a very well made fan game known as Toad Strikes Back. Kamek was also the villain in this game as well while Toad is the main hero.

Majin Vegeta said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anyhow, what do you think of Joey Wheeler's idea about Toad being in a game where he is the main protagonist?
Wario's Woods

Wario's Woods was a fine game; however, I think Toad needs a game that actually makes himself stand out in a unique way as well as getting a game that has his own name within the title. ;) Sigh, if Nintendo were to give Toad his own game sometime in the near future, that would be great news to me. :)

Propeller Toad said:
Joey Wheeler said:

That's a neat idea actually and I would love to see Nintendo giving a starring role to Toad. Your idea does make an interesting way to force Toad to becoming a hero once again. Toadette as his partner would be an excellent way for her to get some importance as well.

This actually reminds me of a very well made fan game known as Toad Strikes Back. Kamek was also the villain in this game as well while Toad is the main hero.

Majin Vegeta said:
Baby Luigi said:
Wario's Woods

Wario's Woods was a fine game; however, I think Toad needs a game that actually makes himself stand out in a unique way as well as getting a game that has his own name within the title. ;) Sigh, if Nintendo were to give Toad his own game sometime in the near future, that would be great news to me. :)
I agree that game would give Toad and Toadette some well needed attention!!!

To be honest, Toad has been my favorite characters since I played Super Mario Bros. 2. He was just the best! But his running and jumping were horrible. I use Luigi and Toad more than Mario and Peach.

IceShadow1199 said:
To be honest, Toad has been my favorite characters since I played Super Mario Bros. 2. He was just the best! But his running and jumping were horrible. I use Luigi and Toad more than Mario and Peach.

I understand Toad's jumping issue, but I believe Toad was the fastest character in that game... Is it his high speed that's the problem?

Also Toad's my favourite as well in that game. That's where my admiration for Toad began. :)

I Love Toad

Oh sorry, Propeller Toad, I confused Toad with Papa, a character from Doki Doki Panic, his running was horrible.

Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually a edit of Doki Doki Panic, then Shy Guys, Pokeys, Bob-Ombs and Wart became part of the Mario Series.

Hence,
PaperOJ.png

I am a Toad Fan.
Except i've been more focused on my "OJ Citrus" character recently.

Toad should continue being macho in the Mario series, not some weakling. Mario Superstar Baseball went in the right direction

But Toad is an interesting character to talk about!

Baby Luigi said:

Agreed! :)

Toad deserves some recognition, and I agree upon the return of Toad's strength. Having super human strength might not fit his character; however, it just makes him even more interesting. ;D

It would be awesome to see Toad getting a game featuring his strength. Perhaps a return to SMB2, but with Toad as the central character? It would be a nice way to see the forgotten characters of SMB2 as well as the primary role being given to the forgotten protagonist. New world, new protagonist, new story = a hopefully fine new game. :)

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:
It would be awesome to see Toad getting a game featuring his strength. Perhaps a return to SMB2, but with Toad as the central character? It would be a nice way to see the forgotten characters of SMB2 as well as the primary role being given to the forgotten protagonist. New world, new protagonist, new story = a hopefully fine new game. :)

It's funny that you didn't mention a remake of Wario's Woods, which also features Toad's strength

That would be a cool and innovative idea! But basically, any innovative idea works

Great, we made a game for Toad, but now we need Toadette.

Back