Current Vandal on Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this Ownage guy has been plaguing the wiki for god knows how long, but now he's worse. Every day, he creates an account for the sole purpose of spamming the wiki. I understand that since each of his accounts have different IPs, there's no point in banning them, but are we really that defenseless against him? Can we really do nothing but just sit and wait for his next vandalizing account?

No point in IP blocking, he's always a different IP and range, so we can just rollback or revert his vandalism and wait for him to get bored.

He's not a plague - he's a stupid kid, and we're not defenseless - we can revert everything he does. There is no point in getting worked up over ultimately harmless vandals - they're never worth it.

Ownage is quite annoying though. Let's hope his persistence expires

Snifit said:
Who's Ownage?

A persistent vandal on the Super Mario Wiki

I've noticed that, Ownage##.
He/she keeps coming back to fully fuck up the Wiki, but I see the people here are really fast:
Code:
(Deletion log); 04:55 . . Walkazo (Talk | contribs)‎ deleted "User talk:Ownage6" (Sockpuppet talk page)
(diff | hist) . . Bald Cleft‎; 04:54 . . (0) . . SmartieMaxx (Talk | contribs)‎
(diff | hist) . . m Nintendo 3DS‎; 04:54 . . (+29,484) . . Walkazo (Talk | contribs)‎ (Reverted edits by Ownage6 (talk) to last revision by Mario4Ever)
(Block log); 04:54 . . Walkazo (Talk | contribs)‎ blocked Ownage6 (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation disabled) (Sockpuppet of an existing account)
(diff | hist) . . Bald Cleft‎; 04:53 . . (0) . . Ownage6 (Talk | contribs)‎
(diff | hist) . . Nintendo 3DS‎; 04:53 . . (-29,484) . . Ownage6 (Talk | contribs)‎ (Replaced content with "Nintendo 3DS XL = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8")
(User creation log); 04:52 . . Ownage6 (Talk | contribs)‎ New user account

I'm curious

was this same Ownage a user back in like

2009 still under the name Ownage?

because I was really good friends with him, it'd be a shame to see him be acting like a troll and/or vandal

Ownage wasn't used much for a name in forums. But I doubt it's the same guy...

Snifit said:
Ownage wasn't used much for a name in forums. But I doubt it's the same guy...

As far as I know he wasn't a member of the forums. Just the wiki.

Walkazo said:
Ownage is a pretty generic name, so I doubt it's the same guy.

I figured; Ownage was a pretty nice guy back then too, so I was doubting it was too.

Then again, so was The Goomba when he came back as Blue Koop. And look what happened to him...

Done.

Someone hacked my wiki account and used it to vandalize pages. Master R.O.B accidentally warned me for that.

I get the feeling Ownage is responsible for this or maybe the other vandals mentioned here.

IceShadow1195 said:
Someone hacked my wiki account and used it to vandalize pages. Master R.O.B accidentally warned me for that.

I get the feeling Ownage is responsible for this or maybe the other vandals mentioned here.

Someone hacked your account? How? Did you reveal your password to anyone?

Yeah, he revealed it on a thread in Mindless Junk.

Bane said:
IceShadow1195 said:

I did it in a Mindless Junk thread, but I changed my password before the vandalism

IceShadow1195 said:
Bane said:
IceShadow1195 said:

I did it in a Mindless Junk thread, but I changed my password before the vandalism

Hmm...

Maybe one of your siblings?

Don't worry, the Super Mario Wiki Staff has uncovered who was responsible for the compromising of IceShadow1195's account and is preparing to execute the proper actions in response.

That is all that will be said at this time.

IceShadow, as far as I can remember, you've only changed it on the Forums, not on the Wiki.
You can prove me wrong, I didn't save your Password, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back