Current Vandal on Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snifit 1. Not only is he trolling and vandalizing, he's linked to a site that can give viruses, goggle.com.

Lakituthequick said:
GreenDisaster said:
Snifit 1. Not only is he trolling and vandalizing, he's linked to a site that can give viruses, *bleep*.
Better delete that url, because I know there are those stupid curious people out here who visit it.
He blatantly said that it gives viruses. Only an idiot would go there, unless they accidentally misspell Google.

Magikrazy said:
Lakituthequick said:
GreenDisaster said:
Snifit 1. Not only is he trolling and vandalizing, he's linked to a site that can give viruses, *bleep*.
Better delete that url, because I know there are those stupid curious people out here who visit it.
He blatantly said that it gives viruses. Only an idiot would go there, unless they accidentally misspell Google.
Not to name names, but past threads have shown that we have some of those.

Read my talk page has claimed that he is past spamer Cortez, please block him on site.

Done.

GreenDisaster said:
Snifit 1. Not only is he trolling and vandalizing, he's linked to a site that can give viruses, *fuck no*.

You're referring to me with that Snifit, right?

Bronto Burt said:
GreenDisaster said:

You're referring to me with that Snifit, right?

BTW, edit your post now, curious dumb people will insist on checking the site.
Didn't I already say that?
Edit your own post too, then.

Tempest Tales said:
Spam-bot and sockpuppet are increased in current.

WarioFani has already made a sockpuppet like WarioFan, Monster X, etc.
He should got a block in original account.
Monster X. I recognized it as WarioFani because it was Godzilla monster, which he is bananas about.

YoshiKong said:
Those spam bots are increasing. They have so far all gone by a similar name;
If there is a recurring IP address, should it be blocked?

Well, all I can say is that for those of us on the staff, we have to decide very carefully in regards to if we have to take any IP blocking action. The other roadblock is that this said spambot in question might be using dynamic IPs as well.

Until we're able to find the best solution, the best I (and others) are able to do is just simply block those said accounts as quickly as possible so that they don't mess up any pages at all.

Thanks Merit. Funny thing is, I've never actually seen the accounts edit at all. We don't know if they are created to harm. Only the name seems suspicious and that alone gives the admins the incentive to block the accounts.

Yeah, there's no need to escalate to IP blocking in cases like this: the spam bot accounts never edit, so it's not like they're a threat or a disruption - we can just block them as they occur and not worry that tomorrow's just going to bring another spam bot because we'll just block it too.

IP blocks run the risk of blocking innocent users as well, so we only resort to it in extreme cases of vandalism and whatnot.

I've taken care of it and the two sockpuppets.

Yeah, that may be good idea.

It could be another way to trace sockpuppets other than similar IP addresses and editing patters.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Hey guys, I have a crazy suggestion

Force us to sign up with an email and confirm it like ZW and BP
why stop good users from editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back