Current Vandal on Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempest Tales said:
Why not block for WarioFani? He has three over sockpuppet.
Broken English: Does not compute

LakantaTheQlaus said:
I have a suggestion for this thread: move it to Wiki Collaborations.
No that's for (formerly) PipeProjects or WikiProjects

Can I ask an admin to keep an eye on the user GreenYoshi11. She uploaded eleven personal images, and after recieving a notice to tag the extra ones with {{delete}}, she hasn't taken any action and just uploaded seven more. We should wait a another few days, but then an admin should start to take action themselves and just begin deleting the extra ones. Thanks.

YoshiKong said:
Can I ask an admin to keep an eye on the user GreenYoshi11. She uploaded eleven personal images, and after recieving a notice to tag the extra ones with {{delete}}, she hasn't taken any action and just uploaded seven more. We should wait a another few days, but then an admin should start to take action themselves and just begin deleting the extra ones. Thanks.
She's uploading duplicates to her previous images now

Yeah I did see that to, but she seemed to only use one of each pair of duplicates, so I tagged the unused ones for deletion.

YoshiKong said:
Yeah I did see that to, but she seemed to only use one of each pair of duplicates, so I tagged the unused ones for deletion.
*too

She uploaded a plushie Yoshi we didn't have on the toys article, so I added it there

do you really have to use this topic for this discussion

whenever i see a new post in it i assume there's some kind of vandal

also that spelling correction stuff is getting annoying

Rolf said:
do you really have to use this topic for this discussion

whenever i see a new post in it i assume there's some kind of vandal
I didn't think it was worth making a whole new topic. The user is not exactly a serious vandal, but I thought this was the best place to post it.

Rolf said:
also that spelling correction stuff is getting annoying

^This

Cinnamon Pi said:
There's this vandal (User:Princess Dicky) who is vandalising the Yoshi article. It would be awesome if he/she was swiftly dealt with.

Those edits were just horrible, thank god Princess Dicky was taken care of.

A user called AutomaticRobot123 keeps vandalizing articles and posting rude comments on user talk pages. Judging by their behavior, they are not an actual bot. They are up to their Last Warning.

EDIT: That has been taken care of. There is also an IP address which keeps adding false information on articles.

That guy has a dynamic IP address, which can be a bit of a problem to block it directly. From what we've seen, he's just making accounts. Not vandalizing pages or anything. We try and block them as soon as we can.

YoshiKong said:
That guy has a dynamic IP address, which can be a bit of a problem to block it directly. From what we've seen, he's just making accounts. Not vandalizing pages or anything. We try and block them as soon as we can.

IP xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 made last numbers with 0~255 values. If dynamic IP address, insert '/24' in last number and appropriate one is 0.

Edit: I saw that IP address is this. Previous spam is User_talk:ABIDEEN01 and User_talk:ABIDEEN10.

Porple recently put the recurring name on the backlist, so that might stop the account creations for a while.

You mean all them? I imagine that they were renamed because they were spammish/for advertising purposes. It's a bit different with the AN8THG accounts.

YoshiKong said:
You mean all them? I imagine that they were renamed because they were spammish/for advertising purposes. It's a bit different with the AN8THG accounts.

Yes. I meant December 12th and few laters of spam bots. AN8THG is a bit different names, but two of spam account registered in day and there's only differences were capital and small letter.

Good point. I'll bring it up with the rest of the staff.

EDIT: We decided that it was unnecessary.

If you check the user creation log, there are several sockpuppets from someone against Marshal Dan Troop, (the names are like, "Let's Kill MDT" and "Marshall Dan Poop"). Someone should block that IP, because it looks like that guy might make more accounts.......

ALLAH and Allah spam accounts were appeared in yesterday. I'm assuming these accounts are AN8THG spam user.
This user's IP was 216.154.***.***. Similar IP again... multi-0 spam account's IP was same.
They should block the 216.154.0.0/16.

Vandal that keeps false adding info on to Super Mario 64 course pages

Yep, is this the same guy every time but he uses a different IP each time to add false info to SM64 pages.

I swear this has happened at least twice before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back