New Super Mario Bros. 2

So I beat the final level yesterday and can truly say now that I regret buying this. I expected it to be bad, but not this bad.

Nabber said:
So I beat the final level yesterday and can truly say now that I regret buying this. I expected it to be bad, but not this bad.
Explain.

I think I'll leave this for my 'Shroom review, where I can properly rant out what's so bad about this game.

Nabber said:
I think I'll leave this for my 'Shroom review, where I can properly rant out what's so bad about this game.
Why did you buy the game if you expected it to be bad.

Because I like coin-looting, and it didn't seem horrible in the trailers. I didn't expect it to be anything wonderful, but I loved collecting coins and it seemed like there would be a lot of it in this.

Mariomario64 said:
If you don't already have Mario Kart 7 then I'd definitely get that first before this one.
I got MK7 an Kid Icarus Uprising as late birthday presents yesterday.

Also what's with all those videos on the eshop of NSMB2 being SMB3's true succsesor? I thought SMW was.

It's just Nintendo of America's PR department trying to get people hooked, as usual. If anything, this is be NSMBDS's true successor: a much better follow-up to a mediocre game.

Crackin355 said:
The only people that might go for the 1 Million Coin Goal are completists or really bored people.

Or people who know that Nintendo emphasized it so much, which is probably 98.8% of the people who bought the game.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
The only people that might go for the 1 Million Coin Goal are completists or really bored people.

Or people who know that Nintendo emphasized it so much, which is probably 98.8% of the people who bought the game.
The others probably bought it because it has Mario on the front.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I said the goal, not the entire fucking game. It IS a Mario sidescroller, not a coin rush. A lot of the levels I've played aren't heavily coin based. There have been a couple, but it's still a Mario game. If you are getting sick of them or don't like them, then it's your own fault for buying it.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I said the goal, not the entire *bleep*ing game. It IS a Mario sidescroller, not a coin rush. A lot of the levels I've played aren't heavily coin based. There have been a couple, but it's still a Mario game. If you are getting sick of them or don't like them, then it's your own fault for buying it.

The goal IS part of the "entire *bleep*ing game".

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I said the goal, not the entire *bleep*ing game. It IS a Mario sidescroller, not a coin rush. A lot of the levels I've played aren't heavily coin based. There have been a couple, but it's still a Mario game. If you are getting sick of them or don't like them, then it's your own fault for buying it.

The goal IS part of the "entire *bleep*ing game".

Yes, part, not a big one. It's just a counter on the side to keep you going to the end. Plus, who said that there aren't some people that wouldn't like the new title screen?

There are people who love the new title screen, but it's mostly those who haven't seen Nintendo announce how big of a reward that is.

I finally got the 1 000 000 coins.
I did not look how the gold Mario statue was before, and this is worse that I expected, the statue is exactely Mario in his gold form, same size.

Re: New Super Mario Bros. U

What makes NSMB2 bad? Just because it didn't really do things alot differently? You do know that originality =/= good?

Re: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U

DonnyKD said:
What makes NSMB2 bad? Just because it didn't really do things alot differently? You do know that originality =/= good?
And it just sucks. What makes it good?

Boidoh said:
If I ever get a 3DS nsmb2 looks good. I don't get the hate.. And web sm3dl came out with the tandoori suit everyone loved it and the raccoon suit in nsmb2 CAN fly.. I don't get it.

Fucking auto correct.
Since when did everyone love SM3DL? I hated it.

Nabber said:
DonnyKD said:
Wrong topic.

Um, great level design, good music (oh who cares if its the same as NSMBW, its still good), they learned to make use of a staple in the series, its decently lengthed...

What makes it BAD?

Nabber said:
DonnyKD said:
Wrong topic.

Do remember what an opinion is. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks for everybody. That's a biased mindset.

Not trying to say you have to change or any shit like that, but don't think that what you think is what everyone else will think. 'It just sucks' isn't really a good answer for something.

Also, all this new information is cool, I don't really need to state my thoughts for each one, I fine/happy with all of them.

I respect an opinion, as long as it is backed up by facts.
DonnyKD said:
Nabber said:
DonnyKD said:
Wrong topic.

Um, great level design, good music (oh who cares if its the same as NSMBW, its still good), they learned to make use of a staple in the series, its decently lengthed...

What makes it BAD?
Great level design? Not really. In fact, the only new concept I saw in a level in that game were the fire jets that you could switch off. Most of the other ideas were taken directly from NSMB.
Good music? God, I couldn't stand it. There were maybe seven songs in the soundtrack, repeated over and over, with all these annoying vocals in it... I want something new, repeating yourself without changes isn't good.
Learned to make se of a staple in the series? Are you talking about the raccoon tail? Because that was barely used. Sure, it appeared a lot, but wasn't actually useful besides slowing down your fall. Or about the coins? Coin-collecting was just a side quest, and had no actual effect over gameplay at all.
Decently lengthened? It took me a week to play. That's pretty sad.

Back