New Super Mario Bros. 2

You can tell when there's a secret exit for a level if you look at the placement of things on the map. I'm sure there's one in the desert haunted house, but I still haven't found it.

I think maybe 3 or 4 star coins have made me really search a lot to find them. One really cool one is on the level that has you going diagonally upwards on a pyramid, down a pipe there's a gold ring, but if you break the block in there and walk past where it was without jumping, you'll drop down a small gap. It's one of those secrets that I was proud I figured out by myself.

Okay, I just found Nabber's post and am now going to get the last Star Coin in 1-A.

Nintendo, how in the name of Jebus do you think we'd figure some of these secrets out?

I think Nintendo is going a little overkill with these secrets now.

Mariomario64 said:
Okay, I just found Nabber's post and am now going to get the last Star Coin in 1-A.

Nintendo, how in the name of Jebus do you think we'd figure some of these secrets out?

I think Nintendo is going a little overkill with these secrets now.

Which one is that?

Oh, that one. I didn't really think it was too hard. In a place filled with pipes, there's gonna be something in some of them. I tried getting back up and hit the block and then i figured it out.

Sorry if I came off as rude. I just didn't think that one was too hard.

I spent a lot of time getting that second one in the fortress. I didn't try using the P-Switch before going up. There, I made myself look dumb, we're even.

I finished the game with all star coins and moon coins, it was fun but I regret it was too easy to find coins.
But the secret exits were well hidden, for the first time i had to use the wiki to find the world 2 ghost house one.

My favorite stuff were the cannon levels, which are really hard if you want to collect the 8 red coins.

Okay, I just looked it up on the wiki:

After you beat Bowser, World Star appears. You can get into World Star for 90 Star Coins (IIRC). The Star Coins in World Star are replaced with Moon Coins, which are like Star Coins but have the 3-up moon from SMW on it instead of a Starman.

Well, I have everything except for the 1 million coin goal completed now. By the way, World Star-7 is a perfect place to coin farm, as you can use the Gold Flower to attack the spawning Podoboos. You can get as many as 50 coins per Podoboo spawn, and that can lead to you having 3000+ coins (even more if the time limit wasn't involved) from that very level.

MnSG said:
Well, I have everything except for the 1 million coin goal completed now. By the way, World Star-7 is a perfect place to coin farm, as you can use the Gold Flower to attack the spawning Podoboos. You can get as many as 50 coins per Podoboo spawn, and that can lead to you having 3000+ coins (even more if the time limit wasn't involved) from that very level.

Nice trick indeed, I manage to get 4500+ coins, but I think Coin Rush is the best way to farm coins.

For those who have beat the game, I noticed a small trick on this mode :

Since you can use the gold flower at only one level, and if x is the amount of coins collected in the first level, y for the second and z for the third, with all the *2 bonus, the total coins collected is :

8x+4y+2z

So it's better to use the gold flower on the first level.

Yoshidude99 said:
So again is the game worth getting? I'm still playing through 3D Land right now.
I got it the day of its release, and I'm very happy with it, so I'd say yes, it's definitely worth it.

Cirdec said:
Since you can use the gold flower at only one level, and if x is the amount of coins collected in the first level, y for the second and z for the third, with all the *2 bonus, the total coins collected is :

8x+4y+2z

>uses unnecessary algebra in Mario games
ily

Cirdec said:
MnSG said:

Nice trick indeed, I manage to get 4500+ coins, but I think Coin Rush is the best way to farm coins.

For those who have beat the game, I noticed a small trick on this mode :

8x+4y+2z

I've actually managed to achieve a coin amount of over 18000 coins in one of my Coin Rush runs. Part of it is due to the fact that one of the levels that I've got had a Gold Flower in it; this in return would give me an extra level to use the Gold Flower at. As for the levels...

1: World Mushroom-1
2: World 2-3
3: World 2-Castle

Mariomario64 said:
Cirdec said:

8x+4y+2z

>uses unnecessary algebra in Mario games
ily

Unnecessary yes, but still useful to know for records, after all isn't that the point of this mode ?

Yoshidude99 said:
So again is the game worth getting? I'm still playing through 3D Land right now.

It is if you are not fed up with New Super Mario Bros gameplay/elements.

I've recently made it to the 500,000 coin mark. Just another 500,000 coins to go now.

Edit: I've managed to reach the 20,000 coin mark with one of my Coin Rush runs. As for the levels that I've got...

1: World Mushroom-1
2: World Mushroom-3
3: World 2-Tower

In fact, I was able to utilize the Gold Flower in all three levels, all thanks to the Mega Mushroom that you can get at World Mushroom-3; your Gold Flower will return to your item inventory when you get a Mega Mushroom while using Gold Mario.

Some of you might already know this, but you can play as Luigi the same way as in NSMB: hold L+R while selecting a file. You need to have defeated Bowser in World 6 before you can do this though.

Also, I got a SpotPass notification that, worldwide, out of all of the people who have connected to the internet, over 50 billion coins have been collected in total in the game.

SKmarioman said:
Some of you might already know this, but you can play as Luigi the same way as in NSMB: hold L+R while selecting a file. You need to have defeated Bowser in World 6 before you can do this though.

Also, I got a SpotPass notification that, worldwide, out of all of the people who have connected to the internet, over 50 billion coins have been collected in total in the game.

That's a lot of billions. I already knew the thing about Luigi, but thanks anyway.

I got it the other day. From what I've played so far(I got to world 6), it's fantastic.
The star coins are actually pretty difficult to collect.

Back