New Super Mario Bros. 2

Alisbet said:
It would be about time that Nintendo included a lever editor where we can create levels and share them with the world.
Well, they have it in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem.

And besides, it's LeveL, unless you mean this:
man-and-lever.jpg

Lakituthequick said:
Alisbet said:
Lakituthequick said:
Alisbet said:
It would be about time that Nintendo included a lever editor where we can create levels and share them with the world.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
What I mean is that they include a lever editor that makes standard New Super Mario Bros. levels without resorting to hacks.
Exactly what I mean. MvsDK2 has this.
^One of the things I have been wanting for years.

Alisbet said:
Lakituthequick said:
Alisbet said:

What I mean is that they include a lever editor that makes standard New Super Mario Bros. levels without resorting to hacks.

SMW hacking has produced more diversity than Nintendo could ever do in a game, simply because so many people have created so much stuff. A Nintendo-made DiY would inevitably feel too restraining in comparison.

Gummy said:
Alisbet said:
Lakituthequick said:
Alisbet said:
It would be about time that Nintendo included a level editor where we can create levels and share them with the world.

SMW hacking has produced more diversity than Nintendo could ever do in a game, simply because so many people have created so much stuff. A Nintendo-made DiY would inevitably feel too restraining in comparison.

It depends on how much Nintendo actually cares about Custom levels. The editor could be as simple as putting all the block and enemies and obstacles in proper places and you're good to go. Remember, they did something similar with Warioware DIY and it would be so cool if they do something like this in the next SMB game as well.

Alisbet said:
Gummy said:
Alisbet said:
Lakituthequick said:
Alisbet said:
It would be about time that Nintendo included a level editor where we can create levels and share them with the world.

It depends on how much Nintendo actually cares about Custom levels. The editor could be as simple as putting all the block and enemies and obstacles in proper places and you're good to go. Remember, they did something similar with Warioware DIY and it would be so cool if they do something like this in the next SMB game as well.
The NSMBW level editor is definitely the quality of level making I'd like to see in the game, but we can only dream. Anyway, a level maker for NSMB2 or NSMBU needs at least these things to make it worthwhile-
  • Level Theme (Background/Music/Tileset) Selection
  • Block and terrain placement
  • Object/goal placement
  • Enemy/boss/hazard placement
Here are the things that are optional but good features-
  • Multiple level themes (like overworld background with castle tiles)
  • Unlimited/Selectable level length
  • Unlimited objects and blocks (SSBB has limited allowed block space, NSMB2/U should have unlimited)
  • Multiple bosses in one level
  • Secret/Multiple exits
  • Sharing levels online through Nintendo Network, like with MvsDK2
  • Saving and loading levels to and from SD card, so levels can be shared though websites (very unlikely)
Of course, these are just my personal opinions on this subject. I'd rather have a level editor in NSMBU, but if both games

Yoshidude99 said:
Something like this should happen in NSMB2 but not so insanely hard.

Maybe you could fight them one after another, like a survival mode. And you only get one power-up between the fights.

Gogeta said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Something like this should happen in NSMB2 but not so insanely hard.

Maybe you could fight them one after another, like a survival mode. And you only get one power-up between the fights.
Mega Mushroom could help a lot there.

Silver Luigi has art and Raccoon Luigi does as well

Why silver Luigi? They never did stuff like this for other power ups except Bee form. Bee Luigi has a different pattern

Is there some problem with them giving us more stuff to look at?

Bee Luigi had a different Pattern
Silver Luigi is silver instead of gold
Raccoon Luigi Has a different styled tail/different color/pointier ears/etc.

It makes perfect sense to me if they did it for Bee Luigi.

Crackin355 said:

Most of Luigi's forms are differently colored, Just look at SMB for reference

Maybe they wanted to give us more eye candy? Either way, it's not a bad thing. When did we have to start questioning artwork for games?

Plus Luigi's Tanooki suit looks different.

And I can't tell if it's raccoon Mario or Tanooki Mario in the 3D trailer. I've never seen raccoon Mario though.

Majin Buu said:
Crackin355 said:

Most of Luigi's forms are differently colored, Just look at SMB for reference
Well there was that. But now they are both the same.

Not really.

Fire Mario now is white shirt, red overalls.
Fire Luigi now is white shirt, green overalls.

YoshiGo99 said:
Well besides the red and green. They have the same outfits but different shirts.

Actually, they do have the same shirts. I think you meant different overalls and slightly different caps.

Back