New Super Mario Bros. 2

I'm guessing that you'll have the ammount of coins before you beat the game. Because they're everywhere. So it's platforming with a side goal of coins.

Crackin355 said:
I'm guessing that you'll have the ammount of coins before you beat the game. Because they're everywhere. So it's platforming with a side goal of coins.

You won't have 1 million coins before you beat the game

Think about it. 1 million coins is A LOT of coins, even with the amount in this game. It might be easy to reach a thousand, maybe even ten thousand, but since a million is 10x one hundred thousand, it'll will take a heck of a time to get that goal.

They wouldn't make it so big if you couldn't reach it while trying to along the way. I'm guessing some sort of bonus game or something like that, that'll give you a shit ton of coins. That or tons of coins from beating a boss. And killing enemies when they're golden gives you 5 coins, so there's coins that you get without there even being any coins there.

People should be more optimistic, instead of shooting everything down.

Oh great, Baby Luigi and Crackin355 arguing about some stupid goal about collecting coins.

This is worse than a 9 month argument on a Mario Party video about Wario saying "OH MY GOD" in the Japanese version.

Crackin355 said:
They wouldn't make it so big if you couldn't reach it while trying to along the way.

Look at Mario Kart 7

20,000 freaking coins to unlock the last part. GP and I calculated that it would take thousands of races to reach that amount and that's ASSUMING you get a perfect 40 for each cup.

And now, imagine how large one million is. It's about 100x that amount. 100x

That's not small

Snifit said:
Oh great, Baby Luigi and Crackin355 arguing about some stupid goal about collecting coins.

We argue on almost every single thing here.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
They wouldn't make it so big if you couldn't reach it while trying to along the way.

Look at Mario Kart 7

20,000 freaking coins to unlock the last part. GP and I calculated that it would take thousands of races to reach that amount and that's ASSUMING you get a perfect 40 for each cup.

And now, imagine how large one million is. It's about 100x that amount. 100x

That's not small
Well at least your not gonna be restricted to 10 coins per level like in MK7.

That is true, but the point is that one million is not a small number, even for this game.

Yeah, but the golden parts weren't necessary. These are. Have atleast some hope that this game won't be shit and that they know what they're doing. Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it won't be fun.

Also, question, if a glass has got water that fills up only half way, is the glass half full or half empty.

Snifit said:

Its a thing. I say something, I get shot down, I get back up, get shot down, get back up, and so on.

It's very rare that we actually agree on something.

Crackin355 said:
Yeah, but the golden parts weren't necessary. These are. Have atleast some hope that this game won't be *bleep* and that they know what they're doing. Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it won't be fun.

Also, question, if a glass has got water that fills up only half way, is the glass half full or half empty.

Golden parts are necessary for completion. I prefer to call myself a completionist.

I still don't know how in the world is that possible to fit 1 million coins in a game. And I still don't like the million coins idea. I don't know where they are going with this. Maybe it's the new motto for the game: forget the princess, save the treasure! Gee, it sound like a Wario game.

Half-full. Better question: when you empty a full glass of water until it is half way, is it half-full or half-empty?

Okay, I'll stick on Baby Luigi's side if nothing is going to stop this argument.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Yeah, but the golden parts weren't necessary. These are. Have atleast some hope that this game won't be *bleep* and that they know what they're doing. Just because you don't like the idea, doesn't mean it won't be fun.

Golden parts are necessary for completion. I prefer to call myself a completionist.

I still don't know how in the world is that possible to fit 1 million coins in a game. And I still don't like the million coins idea. I don't know where they are going with this. Maybe it's the new motto for the game: forget the princess, save the treasure! Gee, it sound like a Wario game.

Half-full. Better question: when you empty a full glass of water until it is half way, is it half-full or half-empty?

For a completionist yes, but the goal in this game isn't just for completionists, it's the main goal. They'll find a way to fit them in if it's a necessary goal. I thought everybody was hating the idea of always saving the princess. Everybody got their wish, now your collecting money, be happy or get over it.

Also, the glass is full, half full of water, half full of air. It's half-full

It's not really an argument, I'm just trying to explain something.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I thought everybody was hating the idea of always saving the princess. Everybody got their wish, now your collecting money, be happy or get over it.

Because you ARE saving the princess in this game too.

It just feels like you're forgetting she's kidnapped and you're interested in only the treasure.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

I thought everybody was hating the idea of always saving the princess. Everybody got their wish, now your collecting money, be happy or get over it.

Because you ARE saving the princess in this game too.

It just feels like you're forgetting she's kidnapped and you're interested in only the treasure.

Oh wow, didn't know that. Well atleast the treasure is there to take your mind off it like you said. Plus, the demo didn't have much treasure for you to care about to begin with. Just think of it as a Platformer.

This isn't a collecting game. It's a Platformer. Keep that in mind.

I consider it a mix between a platformer and a collecting game because according to Nintendo, that's the goal. 1 million coins.

From the looks of it, you're not going to be jumping for every single coin to get to the goal.

They're are a lot of things that would make the collecting part be less absurd.

Bonus Game = Double Total Coins/Get Tons of Coins/Coin Multipliers
Star Coins = Getting One gives you Tons of Coins
Levels = They're could be Stuff we don't know of that can make coins more valuable, and therefore increase the money you get.

There's are a lot of things that can make it so much easier. That and, there's star coins for completionists as well. Things like the stuff I showed above, could easily make it seem like your getting 1 Million, but you're actually only going for a smaller ammount.

^Thats just speculation though.

Would you shut up? I'm just trying to defend Baby Luigi. And besides, you guys are arguing about a FREAKING GOAL. If you don't like me complaining about the argument, then don't even talk to me, that's so freaking simple as killing a Goomba.

Okay, thanks Aoi Asahina. I knew a mod was going to post here.

Snifit said:
Would you shut up? I'm just trying to defend Baby Luigi. And besides, you guys are arguing about a FREAKING GOAL. If you don't like me complaining about the argument, then don't even talk to me, that's so freaking simple as killing a Goomba.

Oh wow. This feels like déjà vu. I used to Get angry like this when I first joined to.

Anyway, I've pretty much said all I need to say on that goal thing. I guess we'll find out if Nintendo handles it properly or not when it's released.

To be honest, collecting a million coins feels like a breeze when you compare it to trying to land on top of every flagpole in SM3DL

Actually, I regularly got on top of every flagpole each time I completed a level. All you have to do is keep a spare Super Leaf around and it becomes part of your playthrough schedule.

I don't necessarily mind the new goal considering every main mario game antecedent to it had the exact same goal it should be some new fun. Although the return of the Koopalings seems a bit repetitive, but I love the new power-ups that take advantage of the coin collecting such as the Golden fire flower or mushroom, it should shake everything up a bit. Also it could have a plot where mario needs the coins for whatever reason to rescue Peach to stop it from being to much like a wario game.

Considering the goal of the game is to get a million coins...

It would be hilarious for Wario to show up out of nowhere and steal all of them from you in the end. Knowing Nintendo, that probably won't happen.

Back