New Super Mario Bros. 2

Yeah. I'm excited for other reasons.

Nintendo, put Boo l in somewhere and I'll be even happier!

I'll be surprised if Boo WASN'T an enemy in New Super Mario Bros. 2

Baby Luigi said:
I'll be surprised if Boo WASN'T an enemy in New Super Mario Bros. 2
Yeah. Although he was only in the 3 Ghost houses in NSMBWii, but yeah, that's probably true.

Gogeta said:
I'm tired of Boos only being in ghost houses. They should also be in castles and fortresses.

Or a sunken underwater galleon

Gogeta said:
I'm tired of Boos only being in ghost houses. They should also be in castles and fortresses.
That would be amazing!!!

Um, we should save that for the Boo topic this direction ->

But I would love to see another type of cryptic level

I would love to see many types of levels in this game. A Castle with multiple paths but one is the right one. A course that takes place during the fall and a course with keys and doors

YoshiGo99 said:
I would love to see many types of levels in this game. A Castle with multiple paths but one is the right one. A course that takes place during the fall and a course with keys and doors

Has been done already

YoshiGo99 said:
They should have a graveyard level instead of a ghost house level. Or even a dark cave with boos.

*insert super mario land 2 golden coins here*

Anyways, yeah. I agree with suggestion of Boo locations.

Baby Luigi said:
Another example of how Super Mario Bros. 2 is not called "Super Mario Bros. 3" because the Lost Levels. And Mario Kart 64 is not the 64th installent in the series.
And because SMB2 is only the second one in places that aren't Japan so calling it SMB3 would be confusing

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Another example of how Super Mario Bros. 2 is not called "Super Mario Bros. 3" because the Lost Levels. And Mario Kart 64 is not the 64th installent in the series.
And because SMB2 is only the second one in places that aren't Japan so calling it SMB3 would be confusing

The Lost Levels itself is a big joke anyway, so I wouldn't blame them for it

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:

The Lost Levels itself is a big joke anyway, so I wouldn't blame them for it
A big joke that sold 2.5 million copies

I don't care how many copies it sold, it still was a big joke. Especially considering its insane difficulty.

Yeah, I agree. Seriously, 4 Hammer Bros. in a level, a Lakitu, and a pair of Paratroopas you must stomp to get to the other side.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't care how many copies it sold, it still was a big joke. Especially considering its insane difficulty.

The funny part is that if you're an experienced gamer, The Lost Levels can become a piece of cake before you even know it.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

The funny part is that if you're an experienced gamer, The Lost Levels can become a piece of cake before you even know it.

Even if I was experienced, it was moreso the same, but harder as Super Mario Bros. I hate it when they make same but harder stuff. I love clever level design more than difficulty.

I agree, I like Super Mario Bros. 3 cause of the level design.

Super Mario Bros. 2 was fun because of the fun gameplay element and the enemy design.

I don't see what the million coins would do. It doesn't look interesting, nor intriguing.

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2 was fun because of the fun gameplay element and the enemy design.

I don't see what the million coins would do. It doesn't look interesting, nor intriguing.

It's not all coins, I already said from the demo that I watched, the coins were more like an afterthought still. They're there, but they're so easy to collect, it's like you're not collecting them at all. Just platforming, with small parts where getting shit tons of coins is necessary.

I like what they did for a star coin, made you have the golden flower to turn blocks into coins, making it possible to grab the star coin.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:

It's not all coins, I already said from the demo that I watched, the coins were more like an afterthought still. They're there, but they're so easy to collect, it's like you're not collecting them at all. Just platforming, with small parts where getting *bleep* tons of coins is necessary.

The main goal of the game is still "collect 1 million coins!".

That goal makes me wonder whether levels will be accessed normally or whether they need to be purchased with increasing amounts of coins.

Back