New Super Mario Bros. 2

Gogeta said:
NSMBW was easy IMO.

NSMB on the other hand trolls me on purpose.
NSMBW and NSMB was meduim in my opinion.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
I honestly don't give a crap about difficulty. Clever and fun stage design is what draws me to these games, not hard difficulties.

And the graphics of this game are hideous, especially compared to Wario Land: Shake It. Wario Land: Shake It is a beautiful game. I love the hand-drawn style of it

So the graphics are hideous for not being anime-styled? Kind of a lousy reason if you asked me.

No, the New Super Mario Bros. games don't fit my art tastes.

Plus, it's 3D models on a 2D stretch of land.

Crackin355 said:
They look the same as the other New Super Mario games, and nobody complained about those.

I don't know what "nobody" else thinks, but I always thought New Super Mario Bros. graphics were ugly

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
They look the same as the other New Super Mario games, and nobody complained about those.

I don't know what "nobody" else thinks, but I always thought New Super Mario Bros. graphics were ugly

Wait the NSMB game or series graphics. I actually liked NSMBW and now NSMBU's graphics. But I would love to see different ones too

YoshiGo99 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

Wait the NSMB game or series graphics. I actually liked NSMBW and now NSMBU's graphics. But I would love to see different ones too

The series graphics. They're pretty ugh. I wish the ground was more like a polygon than a sprite.

At least having tilesets makes making custom New Super Mario Bros. Wii levels much easier.

Eric B said:
Majin Buu said:
Count Mario said:
BMB said:
BLOF, I already made the inflation joke! One of my friends makes sure to collect every coin, and gets annoyed when we miss one. I cannot wait to see their reaction to this game. It'll be the only thing priceless in this game. On a side note, it would be awesome if Nintendo makes Mario lose coins when he gets hit!
Now now, I don't want Mario turning into a Sonic clone.
I think that Sonic is turning into a Mario clone
Sonic started out as a Mario Clone (whose superiority was supposed to be in his faster moves, as early Sonic commercials poking at Mario used to suggest).
BLAST PROCESSING

Bit seriously, I agree with Baby Luigi that a change in art-style would be quite nice.

Smashgoom202 said:
Propeller Toad said:
Nice fine Kat-rin Koopa! I personally haven't seen those images as of yet, but it's very nice to see new artwork for the enemies as opposed to the same NSMB1 artwork we've had of them for quite a while now.

I'm sure that the Koopaling fans are going to be quite pleased to see the new artwork for them:
KoopalingsNSMB2.png

Oh look, no Bowser Jr. in sight either!
All I really want to say is, seeing the Koopalings as a major antagonist in another makes me really happy, and upgraded New Super Mario Bros. 2 from a game I only had the slightest, remote interest in, to a must-buy!

Yeah, because I like the Koopalings.

Some of you might not like the Koopalings as much as I do, or say that they were already in New Super Mario Bros. Wii why get excited over seeing them again? To which I say, well, Bowser Jr. has appeared in TONS of Mario titles, both mainstream and in spin-offs, I'd like to see Bowser's original seven kids reach that kind of level. Appearing in two major 2D Mario games is a start, I'll say that much.

I'm still hoping for the day in which we'll see characters from Super Mario Bros. 2 again, aside from Shy Guy, Pokey, Bob-omb, and Birdo.

Anyway, regarding the Koopalings in this game, I wonder how the "story" is going to play out... I realize that story in a Mario game is almost pointless, but I still pay attention to that stuff. Perhaps Bowser had his children steal some mystic artifacts that transforms everything into gold coins, and now Mario and Luigi have to collect enough gold coins to help reverse some kind of curse and stop their plot. Either way, I can only imagine the kind of inflation the Mushroom Kingdom is going through with all the abundance of coins...
To be honest the Koopalings are another reason not to buy it for me because that means all of the boss spots will be taken up by them instead of new bosses.

Bowser Jr. was more original in boss fights, because the surroundings also had variety making it more challenging. But new original bosses would be nice.

Plunderbird said:
To be honest the Koopalings are another reason not to buy it for me because that means all of the boss spots will be taken up by them instead of new bosses.

There's already another confirmed boss (Reznor).

Majin Buu said:
Bowser Jr. was more original in boss fights, because the surroundings also had variety making it more challenging. But new original bosses would be nice.

Bowser Jr's boss fights in New Super Mario Bros. weren't exactly much different from the Koopalings. All of them are still painfully easy.

Gummy said:
Plunderbird said:

There's already another confirmed boss (Reznor).
He's only a mini-boss I believe

I hope :boo: characters are in somewhere then I'll be happy :)

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
I hope :boo: characters are in somewhere then I'll be happy :)

Boos are probably going to be in this game. They are already confirmed in New Super Mario Bros. U

Two very similar games. Anyway, Boo has been in all New Super Mario Bros. games...except this one. And it's very likely they won't be left out, since they appeared in all Mario platformers recently.

Not being on the E3, doesn't mean they're excluded.

I would like some False Bowsers with their fire balls and 10 hammers at a time. That would make it really hard just like SMB and the lost levels

I just watched the Nintendo Direct, and I loved the part about NSMB2.

IMO, they should call it New Super Mario Bros. 3, because there was the NSMBWii!

Actually, the 2 is supposed to represent the second portable title, not the sequel. Plenty of franchises have inserted a 2 in a new installment in which there was already a sequel before it. The specific reasons for why it can vary between the games is varied a lot such as only certain titles being major games, which platforms they're on like I mentioned above, etc.

Basically, my point is that in the world of video games, a game with the number two in it doesn't necessarily have to be the second installment.

Oh, ok! I get it now. I actually vaguely thought that but then I'm like, "No, that's not it"

Another example of how Super Mario Bros. 2 is not called "Super Mario Bros. 3" because the Lost Levels. And Mario Kart 64 is not the 64th installent in the series.

Baby Luigi said:
Another example of how Super Mario Bros. 2 is not called "Super Mario Bros. 3" because the Lost Levels. And Mario Kart 64 is not the 64th installent in the series.
Yeah the 64 is 'cuz it's for the Nintendo 64.

Anyways, who else is excited for this and it's not cuz of the bosses (My case now.)

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yeah the 64 is 'cuz it's for the Nintendo 64.

Anyways, who else is excited for this and it's not cuz of the bosses (My case now.)

Sadly, I am not excited for this, but it is pretty fun to discuss about it

Back