New Super Mario Bros. 2

BMB said:
Speaking of which, are the star coins returning in this game?
Yes.

I'm really hoping that Mario fans aren't going the path of Sonic fanboys. Those guys complained alot.

The reason Nintendo isn't making their games 'hard', is because, newer gamers don't like being stuck on the same thing over and over. I for one hate having to repeat the same thing over and over because the game is throwing too much shit at me. They don't make them like the old games anymore, they make them differently now and that's a thing you'll just have to get used too. I'm sure they don't want to force those gamers that aren't good at platformers to use the super guide for every level and make them get game overs every second level.

All I wish is that they keep single-player series hard, like Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi, and keep multi-player series casual, like the NSMB and sports games. I don't like the fact that Nintendo has been keeping Mario 90% casual, and 10% challenging. In the past three years, I think the hardest game was M&L: BiS, which wasn't as hard as PiT or SS. I rather have it more so 70%:30%. Speaking of which, I hope they make a M&L 4, which probably was why I felt like something was missing from E3 this year.

My dream at this point would be a New Super Mario World game with Yoshi's Island-style graphics. There could be so much more diversity in worlds; instead of the same grassland-desert-jungle, there would be worlds similar to those in SMW and SMW2. And yes, make it as tough as the earlier titles. If 8 year-old me could beat them, so can the kids of today. :P

I couldn't even beat a single game when I was little.

PM2: Didn't know where to go in hooktail's castle. Realized you had to jump out the window to get to the otherside.
LM: What was I suppose to do with Mr. Luggs? I beat it now.
SMB3: I hate the fortresses! Stupid Water World
SMBA: What is wrong with this game?
SMW: Larry's castle was not what I expected. Found the secret to not do it but I beat it somehow
YS: I want more levels! (kept choosing the thing where you can choose a level not story mode

As you can see I want games puzzling like these and with some different types of graphics like DKCR styled graphics

I honestly don't give a crap about difficulty. Clever and fun stage design is what draws me to these games, not hard difficulties.

And the graphics of this game are hideous, especially compared to Wario Land: Shake It. Wario Land: Shake It is a beautiful game. I love the hand-drawn style of it

Baby Luigi said:
I honestly don't give a crap about difficulty. Clever and fun stage design is what draws me to these games, not hard difficulties.

And the graphics of this game are hideous, especially compared to Wario Land: Shake It. Wario Land: Shake It is a beautiful game. I love the hand-drawn style of it
Oh, that's good. For a second there, I thought you were bashing Wario Land: Shake It's gorgeous art-style.

Also, I don't think it looks hideous, but decent instead. I just think it's repetitive. I mean, look at Sonic 4's two episodes. Their art style's look vastly different and improved between each one.

Episode I:
Sonic-the-Hedgehog-4-Episode-1-02.jpg

Episode II:
Sonic-4-Episode-2-1-640x359.jpg

If this is semi-easy, I'm in, I'm 11 and I can't beat these platformers. For example, in NSMBWii, I barely got to W2, with my mom's help. I want to be able to beat it. I might be screwed out of my money if I can't even beat the first world, but I want it to be a little bit of a challenge, but not impossible. That's probably why Nintendo makes these newer games easier, to give newer gamers or rookies a chance at not having a game over every 2 or 3 levels! I'm sorry I'm ranting a bit, but still!

NSMB I used action replay cuz I suck like that. New Super Mario Bros Wii. I took risks on everything. Killing cheep-chomps. Doing 2 player with me controlling Mario and Yellow toad. I was dying a lot until I got 99 lives from the W4-castle glitch. I stopped since I wanted to keep it at 99, although I made the game hard myself I want NSMB2 to be harder and a lot better graphics. The Beach sand looks better since it has shells in it this time

As long as it's easy to play but gives you a challenge I 'm fine with it. IMO, the 3D games are easier

I might not get it because from my experience in NSMB & NSMBW, it was just play and done. Once you beat all the levels, there's little to do other than collect coins and redo the levels. I'll probably borrow it for a few days to experience it.

BMB said:
I might not get it because from my experience in NSMB & NSMBW, it was just play and done. Once you beat all the levels, there's little to do other than collect coins and redo the levels. I'll probably borrow it for a few days to experience it.

Which is why I love the spin-offs a lot more than the platformers.

SuperKirbyTwinz said:
SO...MANY...COINS!!

INFLATION...RUNNING AMOK!!!

BLOF, I already made the inflation joke! One of my friends makes sure to collect every coin, and gets annoyed when we miss one. I cannot wait to see their reaction to this game. It'll be the only thing priceless in this game. On a side note, it would be awesome if Nintendo makes Mario lose coins when he gets hit!

BMB said:
BLOF, I already made the inflation joke! One of my friends makes sure to collect every coin, and gets annoyed when we miss one. I cannot wait to see their reaction to this game. It'll be the only thing priceless in this game. On a side note, it would be awesome if Nintendo makes Mario lose coins when he gets hit!
Now now, I don't want Mario turning into a Sonic clone.

Well, as long as this game (as well as the Wii U one) has a level editor then I'm fine. Hopefully this game will be a pleasant experience. :)

Alisbet said:
Well, as long as this game (as well as the Wii U one) has a level editor then I'm fine. Hopefully this game will be a pleasant experience. :)

But honestly, I doubt Nintendo will ever do that for any of its franchises.

Count Mario said:
BMB said:
I think that Sonic is turning into a Mario clone

Baby Luigi said:

So the graphics are hideous for not being anime-styled? Kind of a lousy reason if you asked me.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

So the graphics are hideous for not being anime-styled? Kind of a lousy reason if you asked me.

They look the same as the other New Super Mario games, and nobody complained about those.

Majin Buu said:
Count Mario said:
BMB said:
I think that Sonic is turning into a Mario clone
Sonic started out as a Mario Clone (whose superiority was supposed to be in his faster moves, as early Sonic commercials poking at Mario used to suggest).

Back