New Super Mario Bros. 2

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f6lf_cp8C9A[/youtube]

So yeah, it's being released for 3DS this August in Japan.

I'm assuming not much info atm.

Otherwise im not really that impressed with the screens, look a bit.... bland.

I actually quite impressed with this. If course we only know very little about this so far.

>Call a game "New Super Mario Bros. 2"
>Looks more like Lost Levels than SMB2

D:<

I hope the return of the Racoon form will lead to more vertical level design. I didn't mind NSMB's flat levels that much, but it'd be nice if they tried something different.

I hope they don't base it too heavily on SMB3, though. 3D Land was enough.

Yeah I think we've had enough of SMB3. I want to see new concepts, though I'm not really seeing anything too impressive. The original NSMB was okay but this just looks like more of the same.

Am I the only one that preferred NSMB on DS more than NSMBWii ?

Because I played the shit out of the DS one and it was so much fun.

Nabber said:
Yeah I think we've had enough of SMB3. I want to see new concepts, though I'm not really seeing anything too impressive. The original NSMB was okay but this just looks like more of the same.

Yeah I think most people are tired of smb3 spam.

To be honest I'm looking for more level design of smw and its many exits and such features. As well as some new quirky stuff, but not sure on that happening.

Judging by that one screenshot, the yellow shelled Koopa Troopas may be making a long awaited return.

And possibly blue koopas may come! I hope they have a Gaint World with these enemies along with new ones.

*Grand Goombas
*Giant Paragoombas
*Gargantuan Koopas
*Colossal Paratroopas
*Banzai Bills
*Super Thwomps
*Mega Cheep Cheeps (and Deep Cheep ones too)
*Mega Wigglers
*Large Lakitus
*Super Spinies
*Giant Whomps
*Mega Urchin

Bring back those King Bills too. It's just a big waste that they were only present in "1" level in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Of course, you can say the same for the Missile Banzai Bill too.

MnSG said:
Judging by that one screenshot, the yellow shelled Koopa Troopas may be making a long awaited return.
Golden World.

Also, I hope Shell Mario comes back.

Toad85 said:
>Call a game "New Super Mario Bros. 2"
>Looks more like Lost Levels than SMB2

D:<

Well, Lost Levels is Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, so maybe this will be called New Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels here, since it's nothing like the US version of SMB2.

I'm excited for this game, but I'm also disappointed because I dislike the recent trend of 3D games becoming more like the 2D games. It's the 3DS, so why isn't the game 3D?

Ultraluigi said:
I'm excited for this game, but I'm also disappointed because I dislike the recent trend of 3D games becoming more like the 2D games. It's the 3DS, so why isn't the game 3D?
Well, the sprites and models are still in 3D, and the "3D" in the 3DS refers to the effect of the objects popping out of the screen, as the DS already had 3D sprites and models. Also, NSMBWii and Yoshi's Story were 2D games made for 3D consoles, and look at them.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Am I the only one that preferred NSMB on DS more than NSMBWii ?

Because I played the shit out of the DS one and it was so much fun.
No, I prefered the DS one too. I haven't touched NSMBW since I beat it like two years ago.

It doesn't look very interesting to me so far. I have said that about NSMB Wii, of course, but this time it just looks less interesting overall. I don't have much to say, but weren't those block platform supposed to be nailed into the background as if it were a play like in the original Super Mario Bros. 3?

Back