New Super Mario Bros. 2

But the question is: Why does Nintendo let Mario abandon Yoshi in the more recent games? It's just absurd

See, I don't like Yoshi one bit and yet even I think it's stupid to leave Yoshi behind like if he was some sort of pseudo Animal Buddy

Probably because even the main characters except for Mario, Luigi, and Bowser have been demoted to extra.

Peach is just damsel in distress.
Toad is either captured along with Peach or he merely helps the Mario Bros. with advice or items.
Excluding Sunshine, Yoshi was stuck in spin-offs during the Gamecube and early Wii era and even when he gets in a mainstream game, Yoshi doesn't need to be used that often.
Wario and DK have received their own series and even they haven't seen much action recently.

I'm guessing just wants to keep milking the Mario series since it is their cash cow.

Jeff said:
Probably because even the main characters except for Mario, Luigi, and Bowser have been demoted to extra.

Peach is just damsel in distress.
Toad is either captured along with Peach or he merely helps the Mario Bros. with advice or items.
Excluding Sunshine, Yoshi was stuck in spin-offs during the Gamecube and early Wii era and even when he gets in a mainstream game, Yoshi doesn't need to be used that often.
Wario and DK have received their own series and even they haven't seen much action recently.

I'm guessing just wants to keep milking the Mario series since it is their cash cow.

No wonder Nintendo reported its first ever operating loss on the 3DS

They should better stop using their low-budget options or the 3DS could meet a sticky end. A very sticky one.

manasword said:
I hope Wario, Waluigi have to be boss.
DK, Diddy or Funky Kong do appears to chance is 0%?
I would not say 0% but 2% chance.

Z-omb said:
We need a new giant world in this game! We haven't seen one in the 2d games in ages!
We've only had four total!

Giant Land
Macro Zone
Huge Island
Supermassive Galaxy

Minuette said:
Z-omb said:
We need a new giant world in this game! We haven't seen one in the 2d games in ages!

Giant Land
Macro Zone
Huge Island
Supermassive Galaxy
What game was that from.

Oh I thought it was called Micro Zone, my mistake.

Minuette said:
Z-omb said:

Giant Land
Macro Zone
Huge Island
Supermassive Galaxy

I know! Its no where near enough since there such fun, I'd love t jump on giant Koopas and Goombas again, and its funny cause mario looks so small.

The enemies in SMB3's Giant Land are nowhere near as big as the giants from Supermassive Galaxy. I guess the term, "super", is literal in that case.

MnSG said:
The enemies in SMB3's Giant Land are nowhere near as big as the giants from Supermassive Galaxy. I guess the term, "super", is literal in that case.
I thought they where the same size.

NSY said:
MnSG said:
I thought they where the same size.
Their sizes look NOWHERE the same. Giant Land had Sledge Bros. while Supermassive had Koopa Troopas around fifteen times the mass of Mario.

Giant world would be fun and with actually more giant enemies, giant bloopers in the giant water levels and also I think the Large shells from World 5 oF NSMBW would fit perfectly

Toad85 said:
Z-omb said:
Or how about a world that doesn't spoof something we've already seen?

Like having a meadow/greens world at the start of almost every 2D game as well as some 3D ones? Besides we hardly ever see giant worlds and they can do it in a new way like they did with Little Big Island so it doesn't have to be an exact repeat.

YoshiGo99 said:
Giant world would be fun and with actually more giant enemies, giant bloopers in the giant water levels and also I think the Large shells from World 5 oF NSMBW would fit perfectly

There were large shells? i can't remember any.

Z-omb said:
Toad85 said:
Z-omb said:

Like having a meadow/greens world at the start of almost every 2D game as well as some 3D ones? Besides we hardly ever see giant worlds and they can do it in a new way like they did with Little Big Island so it doesn't have to be an exact repeat.

YoshiGo99 said:

The "Koopa Shell Houses"...

Toad85 said:
Z-omb said:

In a Mario game yet, to be specific

Seriously, I'm sick of grass, desert, forest, etc.

But unfortunately, this game will have those worlds judging by the screenshots

I don't have a problem with repeated world themes as long as they're reasonably distinct and stand on their own (for ex, compare SMB2 and Yoshi Island's take on the "ice world" trope). The problem is, the NSMB's series artstyle, especially when it comes to the backgrounds, is dryly uniform and really boring.

Not to mention that it's hideous

Wario Land Shake It and Kirby's Epic Yarn were better to look at than New Super Mario Bros.

Boidoh said:
Z-omb said:
Toad85 said:
Z-omb said:

YoshiGo99 said:

The "Koopa Shell Houses"...

Oh right I getcha, having a world with everything that size would be epic.

Back