New Super Mario Bros. 2

SHe reminds me too much of Wendy O. Koopa

Pom Pom and Wendy aren't exactly identical if you asked me. The former appears to be more bulky, and has no interest in footwear.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Less than 2 weeks until the uneveiling, anyone getting exited?

Oh hells yeah I can barely wait :)
I hope they unveil a new 3d Mario and maybe a new metroid game for the wii U, NSMB2 is also gonna be awesome.

You know, at first I thought the similar beginnings of the first stage was just a call-back to the original Super Mario Bros., but now... Yeah, it's starting to get a bit TOO repetitive...

Not that it matters, the legions of Mario fans will still overlook it and eat up the rest of the game.

Smashgoom202 said:
You know, at first I thought the similar beginnings of the first stage was just a call-back to the original Super Mario Bros., but now... Yeah, it's starting to get a bit TOO repetitive...

That's what I don't like about Nintendo when it comes to designing newer Mario platformers these days. They're not progressing at all: all we're seeing is the same darn thing over and over again. I mean, I'm sick of the New Super Mario Bros. art style and engine, plus the continuous reusing of Level 1-1 of Super Mario Bros.

Honestly, I've given up on the sidescrollers. At least the 3D platformers had some diversity in what you have to do (defeat a boss, win a minigame, get to a certain point in the level, etc.) the sidescrollers are all just attack enemies, avoid obstacles, touch a flagpole and move on to the next level.

I wish this would take more from SMB2 or SML. I would love to be able to pick up turnips and fight Shy Guys and Birdos in a main Mario game and Peach playable! Also, Wario could even be the villain again! But alas, given Nintendo's track record , they're going to stick with Peach getting kidnapped, Bowser's back, and EVEN MORE SMB3 love. Not to mention the same use of art-style again and the same 1-1 and forest stage.

I hope E3 proves me wrong, but I doubt it. It seems like Nintendo really only cares about the 3D games and gives the middle finger to the 2D ones.

They should at least go back to Super Mario World with Yoshi being playable. I don't count NSMBW since Yoshi's only playable in the levels he appears in and he doesn't even show up in any of the cutscenes (unless you count his egg(s) during Peach's party).

All of that would be useless if you can't take Yoshi with you

I say take him with you

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Am I the only one that preferred NSMB on DS more than NSMBWii ?
Yes.

Baby Luigi said:

I say take him with you

That would make any 2D Mario game epic, I miss the days I could ride Yoshi through everything!

Z-omb said:
Baby Luigi said:

I say take him with you

That would make any 2D Mario game epic, I miss the days I could ride Yoshi through everything!

Not exactly. You couldn't take Yoshi through ghost houses and castles.

But it's still better than what they are giving us today

Baby Luigi said:
Z-omb said:
Baby Luigi said:

I say take him with you

You could take Yoshi through full levels in Galaxy 2.

Yoshidude99 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Z-omb said:
Baby Luigi said:

I say take him with you

You could take Yoshi through full levels in Galaxy 2.

But if you cleared the stage, Yoshi dies for some reason

Back