Why do many people hate SMW2 - Yoshi's Island?

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I don't think that game sucks too much. It's kinda cool infact, I wonder why so many people hate it? When I ask my friends about Yoshi's Island they go all like "BLAHBLAHBLAH, THIS GAME RUINED THE SUPER MARIO WORLD SERIES!" I don't think a series can be ruined.... Anyways, Yoshi's Island is a "ok" game while Yoshi's Story is exactly the same game but without Baby Mario, you complete levels by eating fruits, the game's actions are easier to pull off.

They must be thinking of Yoshi's Story. Yoshi's Island was a universally acclaimed game.

And the only game I can think of that can completely destroy a series is Sonic 06. Now that was terrible.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates Sonic '06

Okay, now let's get on-topic, I don't wanna hear about Sonic '06 anymore.

I don't understand what you're saying, many people LOVE Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. And I love that game too. Even though I never played it.

Yoshi's Story introduced that horrible voice.

Bloof, my sister,would think that Super Mario World 2 is the best game ever because it introduced her favorite video game character.

La Marionette said:
Bloof, my sister,would think that Super Mario World 2 is the best game ever because it introduced her favorite video game character.

No, Super Mario Land 2 is the best game ever

LGM, I take it you dislike Yoshi's Island on the GBA, then, since it uses YS sound effects?

I don't know. I've played Yoshi's Island DS before. :P I just like Baby Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
No, Super Mario Land 2 is the best game ever

Don't state it if I already know that.

I'm planning to play some Super Mario Advance 3 on my 3DS (thank you ambassador program) and I'm gonna LOVE it (except for the part where Baby Luigi gets kidnapped)

Wait, you have it on 3DS and haven't touched it?

Mario4Ever said:
Wait, you have it on 3DS and haven't touched it?

I have no Internet on my 3DS for some reason :(

...So you got it via the Ambassador program, but you haven't been able to (re)download it until now?

Something is wrong with Bloof's internet. I think her SSID is wrong, just as how I figured mine to be wrong.

Yeah, I couldn't access my eShop for quite a while

That really sucks. Better late than never, eh?

As soon as I download it, I might play it

IceShadow1199 said:
I don't think that game sucks too much. It's kinda cool infact, I wonder why so many people hate it? When I ask my friends about Yoshi's Island they go all like "BLAHBLAHBLAH, THIS GAME RUINED THE SUPER MARIO WORLD SERIES!" I don't think a series can be ruined.... Anyways, Yoshi's Island is a "ok" game while Yoshi's Story is exactly the same game but without Baby Mario, you complete levels by eating fruits, the game's actions are easier to pull off.
Um, who hates that remarkable classic? I've never ever heard of that. I know some people hate YS which I like.

Yoshidude99 said:
I will play SMW2 at some point.
EBay your only friend here i'm afraid. Unless you want to be illegal.

You can always play the Super Mario Advance version. That's what I did for all the Mario classics (SMB2, SMW, SMB3). There's little change anyway.

Baby Luigi said:
You can always play the Super Mario Advance version. That's what I did for all the Mario classics (SMB2, SMW, SMB3). There's little change anyway.
It's never the same as playing it on a TV, regardless of how faithful the port is. You have to experience the classics on the TV screen with a home console.

Unless you have the Gamecube-Gameboy Advance player.

Nah, I don't care about experiencing it on anything. I'm content I played those games anywhere, be it emulators, DS's, or GameBoy Advance SPs.

Back