Why do many people hate SMW2 - Yoshi's Island?

La Marionette said:
Unless you have the Gamecube-Gameboy Advance player.
Sucks that you can't hook that thing up to the Wii.

I know, but just in case you happen to have the Gamecube as well.

Or you can get the game on the computer (it's OK if you already bought the game), hook the computer to the TV and play.

Your best bet is online.

I thought YIDS was bad cuz of the music and only 5 worlds. The graphics were good though. YS was my favorite since it was my first yoshi game I played and my 3rd game I played. YS is fun and challenging and is my favorite

I think bad level design also unexpectedly added difficulty to some levels.

I really don't understand why buying an SNES game for free NOW would be considered illegal. Really... it doesn't make any sense.

Apparently, you're taking money away from Nintendo, a company who worked hard on that game.

I find pirating reasonablt if I picture a tycoon rolling around in money.

Who buys SNES games? SNES games aren't profitable today when Wii, 3DS, and DS games are rampant. Nintendo won't be losing so much money because demand for SNES games is so low.

La Marionette said:
I really don't understand why buying an SNES game for free NOW would be considered illegal. Really... it doesn't make any sense.
Yeah that's why I'm doing it anyway. It is really hard to find any SNES game nowadays.

La Marionette said:
Who buys SNES games? SNES games aren't profitable today when Wii, 3DS, and DS games are rampant. Nintendo won't be losing so much money because demand for SNES games is so low.

Then why are they still making Virtual Console games?

I think she means that the demand for the actual cartridges is low.

People hate yoshis island? Since when?

I dont think ive ever encountered someone that hated the game, hell everyone praises the game like it's their addiction.

>piracy

I lol'd.

Yoshidude99 said:
That's because hardly anyone does hate it.

Yeah that's what I figured, topic seems pretty pointless.

Yoshi's story is pretty hated though, even though I loved the crap out of it. I assume that'd be a more interesting topic.

I liked it when I first got it for the SNES and played it non stop until I beat it. The same with the GBA remake and the sequel on the DS. But now I dont really like it. It feels to me like im playing the same basic level over and over at some points. I do like the final boss battle tho.

I believe that putting the "Super Mario World 2" in the title is very misleading. Though TLO Zelda and Zelda 2 are completely different in gameplay. But if you don't count it as a "Mario" game and instead a "Yoshi" game, it's a great game, nice replay ability factor in there, I loved those minigames:)

Back