Why do many people hate SMW2 - Yoshi's Island?

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I don't think that game sucks too much. It's kinda cool infact, I wonder why so many people hate it? When I ask my friends about Yoshi's Island they go all like "BLAHBLAHBLAH, THIS GAME RUINED THE SUPER MARIO WORLD SERIES!" I don't think a series can be ruined.... Anyways, Yoshi's Island is a "ok" game while Yoshi's Story is exactly the same game but without Baby Mario, you complete levels by eating fruits, the game's actions are easier to pull off.

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
They must be thinking of Yoshi's Story. Yoshi's Island was a universally acclaimed game.

And the only game I can think of that can completely destroy a series is Sonic 06. Now that was terrible.

IceShadow1199

Banned User
Glad I'm not the only one who hates Sonic '06

IceShadow1199

Banned User
Okay, now let's get on-topic, I don't wanna hear about Sonic '06 anymore.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I don't understand what you're saying, many people LOVE Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. And I love that game too. Even though I never played it.

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
Yoshi's Story introduced that horrible voice.

Bloof, my sister,would think that Super Mario World 2 is the best game ever because it introduced her favorite video game character.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
La Marionette said:
Bloof, my sister,would think that Super Mario World 2 is the best game ever because it introduced her favorite video game character.
No, Super Mario Land 2 is the best game ever

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
LGM, I take it you dislike Yoshi's Island on the GBA, then, since it uses YS sound effects?

Brawl Mario

I don't know. I've played Yoshi's Island DS before. :P I just like Baby Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
No, Super Mario Land 2 is the best game ever
Don't state it if I already know that.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I'm planning to play some Super Mario Advance 3 on my 3DS (thank you ambassador program) and I'm gonna LOVE it (except for the part where Baby Luigi gets kidnapped)

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Wait, you have it on 3DS and haven't touched it?

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Mario4Ever said:
Wait, you have it on 3DS and haven't touched it?
I have no Internet on my 3DS for some reason :(

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
...So you got it via the Ambassador program, but you haven't been able to (re)download it until now?

Brawl Mario

Something is wrong with Bloof's internet. I think her SSID is wrong, just as how I figured mine to be wrong.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Yeah, I couldn't access my eShop for quite a while

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
That really sucks. Better late than never, eh?

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
As soon as I download it, I might play it

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
IceShadow1199 said:
I don't think that game sucks too much. It's kinda cool infact, I wonder why so many people hate it? When I ask my friends about Yoshi's Island they go all like "BLAHBLAHBLAH, THIS GAME RUINED THE SUPER MARIO WORLD SERIES!" I don't think a series can be ruined.... Anyways, Yoshi's Island is a "ok" game while Yoshi's Story is exactly the same game but without Baby Mario, you complete levels by eating fruits, the game's actions are easier to pull off.
Um, who hates that remarkable classic? I've never ever heard of that. I know some people hate YS which I like.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Yoshidude99 said:
I will play SMW2 at some point.
EBay your only friend here i'm afraid. Unless you want to be illegal.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
You can always play the Super Mario Advance version. That's what I did for all the Mario classics (SMB2, SMW, SMB3). There's little change anyway.

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Baby Luigi said:
You can always play the Super Mario Advance version. That's what I did for all the Mario classics (SMB2, SMW, SMB3). There's little change anyway.
It's never the same as playing it on a TV, regardless of how faithful the port is. You have to experience the classics on the TV screen with a home console.

Brawl Mario

Unless you have the Gamecube-Gameboy Advance player.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Nah, I don't care about experiencing it on anything. I'm content I played those games anywhere, be it emulators, DS's, or GameBoy Advance SPs.