Requesting edits for locked pages.

https://www.mariowiki.com/User:Mechayoshi/sig

I know this is another users sig who is inactive for a long time, but I'm requesting an admin to edit out the broken images, as it seriously screws up talk page formatting. I'd also like to do this for any further broken image links.

Done. If you find any more broken signatures, we're happy to do them.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe#200cc_Staff_Ghosts

The 200cc Staff Ghost on Dragon Driftway is Purple Inkling Boy, I think that should be specified because the Yoshi & Shy Guy colors are.

Per this proposal (MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_48#What_is_Yume_K.C5.8Dj.C5.8D:_Doki_Doki_Panic.3F), a section should be added to MarioWiki:Coverage covering Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic. I've written up the section here (User:Time_Turner/unfinished#Historically_significant_.28name_pending.29): if nobody has any criticisms, I'll request that it's inserted into the page.

Separately, the Coverage page uses "Mario series" a lot instead of "Mario franchise".

edit: if everyone's holding their peace, then I'll formally request for the section to be added.

Time Turner said:
edit: if everyone's holding their peace, then I'll formally request for the section to be added.
Your wish is my command.

Since this proposal (MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_50#Allow_the_coverage_of_distinctly_Mario_aspects_from_guest_appearances) passed, MarioWiki:Coverage (MarioWiki:Coverage#Guest_appearances) should be updated. This is what I have (sentence starts after the list of guest appearances; clean it up as needed):

These guest appearances are given partial coverage, meaning only the media itself get articles, such as the game or television show, with all information pertaining to their content being confined to those pages. ''However'', if a subject is unique to the game while also being clearly derived from the ''Mario'' franchise, they can receive individual articles. For example, certain minigames from ''Nintendo Land'', which includes [[Donkey Kong's Crash Course]], [[Luigi's Ghost Mansion]], [[Mario Chase]], and [[Yoshi's Fruit Cart]], prominently feature ''Mario'' images and icons, and therefore have articles. Other minigames, such as [[ZeldaWiki:The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest|The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest]] or [[Pikipedia:Pikmin Adventure|Pikmin Adventure]], do not have articles on the wiki.

Also, Nintendo Land should be added to the list of guest appearances.

edit: ty glowsquid!

Two things:
  • I've been wanting to add Mario Kart Triple Trouble to BJAODN for a long time, and I recently found it on the Wayback Machine. However, I noticed some things on the BJAODN page. It says that I don't need permission to add anything, but the page is locked. I'd like it if we added a header subpage so we could leave the main BJAODN page unlocked, but if that's too much work, just temporarily unlock the page, please.
  • Alex95 and I had a discussion (Template talk:Block) about the similar names of the "Block" user notice and the "Blocks" nav template. It seems that we're moving {{block}} to {{userblock}} to avoid confusion between the two templates. I plan on asking Porplemontage to program the bots to fix the template links. There's just one problem: the page is locked.

1. Triple Trouble is already on BJADON and the page is not locked to anyone (MarioWiki:BJAODN/Games#Mario_Kart_Triple_Trouble), so not sure what your problem is there. EDIT: Oh, you mean the main BJADON page! Yeah, that's locked, there's no need to edit that.

2. While the Block template page is locked, Porple's talk isn't. And the move hasn't been decided yet, I'd like more discussion to happen first.

If I listed a bunch of Smash pages that take priority over Mario pages, could an admin move them appropriately? Relatedly, do disambiguation pages like Pirate Ship also count? It only covers the Mario subject and the Smash subject, but they're given equal prominence.

posted this on the discord, but throwing this up here since this seems to have gotten buried

edit: In the interest of not making an overly big deal out of this, I'll just post all of the links that I collected here.

For articles that currently share disambiguation pages with only a single other article:

It's frankly ridiculous when actual games are considered equal in priority to moves based on those games that appear in a quasi-related series. Nobody comes to the Super Mario Wiki searching for Smash content, and how we link to the pages should reflect that.

MarioWiki:FAQ, in question "How do I delete pages?"
It mentions the {{tobedeleted}} template, which was moved to {{delete-request}}. The page is locked, so I can’t fix it.

Special:UncategorizedTemplates
Everything listed on this maintenance page is locked, so I can’t categorize them.

Special:BrokenRedirects
These are all in the User namespace, and I would like it cleaned out, please.

Special:DoubleRedirects
Same problem as the broken redirects, they are all in the User namespace. Please fix them so we can clear the list.

MarioWiki:Userspace
This is minor. A few months back I made the MW:US shortcut. I would like it to be added to the list of shortcuts, thanks.

Well, good luck getting through this list!

Template:Reminder
Template:Warning
Template:Lastwarn

I can't edit any of that so if y'all want to implement my proposal that would be swell.

Maybe add the words "If this notice was not issued by an administrator and you feel you have received it in error, you may appeal it." instead exactly like in the old user space template

Code:
|Please stop ''{{{2|making unconstructive edits}}}'' on the Super Mario Wiki. This isn't a warning, and it's possible that you made a mistake by accident or without realizing it; this is simply a '''[[MarioWiki:Warning policy#Level one offenses|reminder]]''' for your information. '''If the action continues''', then a warning will be issued. Thanks for reading and keep contributing.
<sub>If this notice was not issued by an [[MarioWiki:Administrators|administrator]] and you feel you have received it in error, you may [[MarioWiki:Appeals|appeal it]].</sub>

Code:
|This is a '''[[MarioWiki:Warning policy#Level two offenses|warning]]''' to stop your inappropriate behavior {{#if:{{{2|}}}|(''{{{2}}}'')}} on the Super Mario Wiki. Please adhere to the rules or you will be blocked from editing this site.
<sub>If this notice was not issued by an [[MarioWiki:Administrators|administrator]] and you feel you have received it in error, you may [[MarioWiki:Appeals|appeal it]].</sub>

Code:
|This is your '''[[MarioWiki:Warning policy#Level three offenses|last warning]]'''. The next time you break the rules in any way, you ''will'' be '''blocked from editing the Super Mario Wiki'''.

Time Turner said:
edit: In the interest of not making an overly big deal out of this, I'll just post all of the links that I collected here.

For articles that currently share disambiguation pages with only a single other article:

Took care of all (plus a couple (Blaster) others (Big Blue)) but one; I'm not quite sure what you want to do with "Shield". Are you suggesting moving it to "Shield (move)" and turning "Shield" into a disambiguation page? You're able to do that without any page deletion required.

Now we just need to fix all those redirect links (especially Pit's ones... hoo boy).

Gah, the Blaster page completely slipped my mind, and that was the first page I found (speaking of missing examples, I also came across Judge, which links to Judge (Game & Watch) and Judge (move)). I'll chip away at the links whenever I have the time.

JC said:
I'm not quite sure what you want to do with "Shield". Are you suggesting moving it to "Shield (move)" and turning "Shield" into a disambiguation page? You're able to do that without any page deletion required.
Basically that, while also splitting the Mario & Sonic subject into a separate article, and now that you mention it, I totally don't need any admin help with that. Welp.

YFJ said:
MarioWiki:FAQ, in question "How do I delete pages?"
It mentions the {{tobedeleted}} template, which was moved to {{delete-request}}. The page is locked, so I can’t fix it.

Special:UncategorizedTemplates
Everything listed on this maintenance page is locked, so I can’t categorize them.

Special:BrokenRedirects
These are all in the User namespace, and I would like it cleaned out, please.

Special:DoubleRedirects
Same problem as the broken redirects, they are all in the User namespace. Please fix them so we can clear the list.

MarioWiki:Userspace
This is minor. A few months back I made the MW:US shortcut. I would like it to be added to the list of shortcuts, thanks.

Well, good luck getting through this list!
Just a friendly reminder of these focuses.

Back