Requesting edits for locked pages.

Should we say that sysop is short for system operator, like it does on Wikipedia?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Template:Welcome

The entire thing is in alphabetical order, apart from one area where redirect is before media

I thought we kept deleted talkpages of articles so people knew why it was deleted and so they wouldn't create it again, should it be removed from http://www.mariowiki.com/MediaWiki:Deletereason-dropdown

Not every article's talk page is kept. Only if there's a TPP or a lengthy discussion. Most of the time, there's nothing worth keeping.

Walkazo said:
Not every article's talk page is kept. Only if there's a TPP or a lengthy discussion. Most of the time, there's nothing worth keeping.

Yeah.

You should have seen deleted talk pages. Most of them are like restating info from the article or just pure forum talk. We even delete forum talk, so if a new talk page is composed of nothing but pure forum talk, it gets blank, therefore, not worth keeping. In other words, blank talk pages are counterproductive to the wiki, serve no purpose, so therefore should be deleted.

...do we have a rule here against forum talk other than the green template which says is not allowed or do users have to use common sense? I really don't know.

I'm going to add on my point that users CAN see the deletion log for previously deleted articles if they decide to recreate it, so they could see why it was deleted in the first place.

Baby Luigi said:
...do we have a rule here against forum talk other than the green template which says is not allowed or do users have to use common sense? I really don't know.
Help:Communication mentions that talk pages are "used to debate or ask questions about the article that corresponds to it. This is not the right place to discuss which character is better or which species is the strongest." There's also your old Proposal (MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_29#Regarding_Comments_not_Pertaining_to_Improving_the_Article) as another referencing option.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door#Guarding

Not a major problem, but it says superguarding can be done in a 1/4 second range. It can actually only be done within a 3 frame range (1/20 of a second). I haven't done accurate testing with guarding, but 1/2 second is obviously nowhere near correct either.

Time Turner said:
Two questions regarding identifiers:

• Sherbet Land (course) is a racecourse that appears in Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, and Wii. Would it be acceptable to replace its current identifier with "(Mario Kart)" or something similar?
  • Sherbet Land (world) appears solely in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, so replacing the identifier with the game title shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, should the identifier be "(Wario Land)"? "(Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3)"? "(Super Mario Land 3)"?
This never actually got a definitive answer.

MarioWiki:Naming said:
Determining the identifier

If an identifier is needed, the text in parenthesis is determined by:

1. What type of thing it is (e.g. level, course, game, character). For example, Dribble & Spitz (souvenir) is correct.
* The identifier may get more specific before moving to scenario two. For example, most race courses use "course" as the identifier.
So the pages should stay where they are.

Ouais.

The required's change been made. Go crazy.

Really quick question: several attacks in SMRPG share names with other stuff, so they should probably be moved to include a descriptive identifier. But... what should the identifier be? (move), (attack), (ability)?

I would call them moves, unless they all cause damage.

Back