What can be improved in SSB4?

RandomGuy

Earth Adept
I've already made a thread about what should come back, but this is what should be improved: for starters, Ganondorf, use the sword! :mad:

Faster speed, more balance of items, less nerfing on characters, more interactive stages, more customizable stage creator, better story mode(better role fitting, better level design, actual dialogue, more of a crossover world rather than original).

All I can think of atm.

More third party characters. I don't care if they add characters from other series aside from the MG and Sonic series or get more characters from said series, I just want more.

Crash Bandicoot and Pac Man can be good characters. I'd love to see what Pac Man's final smash could be.

The things I want for Super Smash Bros. 4:

-Mewtwo and Roy back.
-Faster gameplay a la Melee.
-PLEASE nerf Ike, Meta Knight, Snake and King Dedede.
-No useless stages like 75m, Mario Bros. and Hanenbow.
-NO MORE THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS.

How about removing RANDOM PRATFALLING (aka Tripping) and Pity Final Smashes?

Also, please make it a game where Nintendo characters go in Nintendo worlds not some random, generic land filled with boring enemies.

Toad added as a playable character would make me very happy.

Also, the physics should be more like Melee's; less floaty, less defensive, no tripping, etc.

Baby Luigi said:

Also, please make it a game where Nintendo characters go in Nintendo worlds not some random, generic land filled with boring enemies.
You mean like a Mario world, a Doney Kong world, a Zelda world, a Metroid world, a Yoshi world, etc.?

I'd like to see costumes you can put on certain characters (for example, a Yoshi costume that puts Baby Mario on Yoshi, a Diddy Kong costume making him look like Dixie Kong, and if Mega Man appears, a Protoman costume for him)

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:

You mean like a Mario world, a Doney Kong world, a Zelda world, a Metroid world, a Yoshi world, etc.?

Yeah, that's why I consider Adventure Mode from Melee to be better than the Subpar Emissary.

No tripping, slightly faster animations, and Ganondorf with a sword are all I want.

Other than that, I have a few things that would make me happy but not anyone else, such as removing Ice Climbers, ROB, Jigglypuff, and Pit, but other than that I'm good.

Dr. Javelin said:
No tripping, slightly faster animations, and Ganondorf with a sword are all I want.

Other than that, I have a few things that would make me happy but not anyone else, such as removing Ice Climbers, ROB, Jigglypuff, and Pit, but other than that I'm good.
I doubt they'll remove Ice Climbers or Jigglypuff.

I highly doubt that Pit would be removed.

Yeah none of those are going to be removed. Maybe ROB but I think he'll be treated as Brawl's Mr. Game and Watch and return in SSB4. Again, I belive the character that is most likely on the chopping block if they need to do so is Lucario. But we can't rule out that the entire Brawl roster may return. As we should expect that SSB4 will try to reach the very limits one game can do on the Wii U which should be even larger then what Brawl did to get to the Wii's very limits.

It would be nice if nobody got removed, honestly.

Magikrazy said:
La Marionette said:
It would be nice if nobody got removed, honestly.
They probably will have to remove some to make room for new characters.

I honestly don't think so. If Super Smash Bros. Melee can put new characters without removing any Super Smash Bros. ones, I bet Super Smash Bros. 4 can do that as well.

Characters don't take up that much space anyway. The reason Brawl had a multi-layered disc is that it has so much cutscenes from the Subspace Emissary.

Yeah Brawl may have not of gotten a few of Melee's characters. But there was reasons for that (Clones (Dr. Mario), Not quite that popular of fighters (Pichu), Pokemon Advertisement space (Mewtwo), etc.). It wouldn't had made sense to remove any character from SSB to Melee because essentially all 12 were different for the exception of Mario and Luigi. Which they made null by making Luigi more different enough to be his own character in Melee and even further in Brawl. Though it's not like they were going to consider removing him anyhow back then. Of course Ness was going to be replaced by Lucas had Mother 3 not been delayed but I imagine Ness would of just been the one exception. Though it's thanks to the delay that Ness is in Brawl. They couldn't just remove a character that was playable in the 2 previous games.

No matter what the Original 12 are going to be in any future SSB games (The 3DS version might be an exception as I doubt it will have the same amount of space the Wii U one has. Though they may pay homage by making the Original 12 the default roster on that version). Same thing goes for the veterans that appeared in Melee that appeared in Brawl as well. Most if not all the Brawl newcomers should return as well.

Given the Wii U's higher capacity, I would like more customizable stage building options. It was nice that they introduced one, but it really lacked in options. One thing I want especially is more background choices (preferably backgrounds from the game or possibly even using photos from the SD card).

Also, stages that don't suck like 75m, Mario Bros, and Rumbel Falls (I liked Hanenbow '_'). It's a shame DK got the worst stages. Jungle Japes isn't all that great either.

Also, what BLOF said. I want the next Subspace Emissary like adventure mode (if there is one) to be more related to the characters. For example, Link being found in the Sacred Grove from TLOZ:TP or something instead of a generic forest area.

Also, Pichu was useless in Melee. Weak attacks and self-injury with every attack = completely useless and pointless.

I imagine the 3DS version to have the main 12 and probably a few more (it'd be awesome if it had the Melee roster).

RandomGuy said:
How about an actual story?

This, and more of a crossover kinda thing since SSE was just nintendo characters in mostly original world.

Dialogue too as a lot of Nintendo characters speak(Falco, Marth, Meta-Knight, to just name a few).

Mario should act like Mario. In Brawl, Mario was very out of character.

I'd say about everyone was out of character.

Except maybe Kirby, oddly enough.

Back