Most want five returning and newcomers in MTO?

Most want 5 characters in Mario Tennis Open?

• Birdo

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Toad & Toadette

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Petey Piranha

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Koopa Paratroopa & Fly Guy

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • King Boo

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 2 Kremlings

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 2 New Kongs

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dry Bones

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Magikoopa

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hammer Bro.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Boom Boom & Pom Pom

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Baby Peach & Baby Daisy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lubba

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdo, Dry Bones, Toad/Toadette, Petey, Hammer Bro.

Rosalina undoubtedly. It would one of those very few games she would look good in and would fit in.

Also, WHERE'S LUBBA!

Where's Baby Mario and Baby Luigi?

Club athletes should return though the staff wouldn't do that.....
I'd like babies return, and Toadette, Dixie be new players.

I knew everyone would pick all those before Boom Boom and Pom Pom. I want a female Power type, Pom Pom is perfect.

Well, I voted for these characters for these reasons:
Toad & Toadette:Pretty obvious why.
Rosalina: She gets new clothes in along with being in a Mario Tennis game! Double bonus!
Boom Boom/Pom Pom: These will get over the stereotypical male category of power along with a power character who IS NOT :bowser: or :dk:
Hammer Bro: Because he's epic and fun. I wonder whether he'd play with his hammer
Magikoopa: Change it to Kamek and it would be more awesome!

I voted for Paratroopa & Shy Guy, Petey Piranha, King Boo, Hammer Bro & Dry Bones

So generics and major enemies.

I don´t want to get my hopes up because the "leaving actual characters out in favour of generics that are more recognizable to the general audience" is completely intentional on Nintendo´s side but still, in my opinion, characters that have been skipping Mario games lately (as in general, not just tennis ones) NEED to make a comeback. Toadette and Petey Piranha are top priorities, and despite her recent Mario Kart comeback, I´d say Rosalina too, as she was absent from A LOT of games in which she would have fit, either as playable or as a supporting NPC.

Birdo and King Boo would be nice choices too, but King Boo is discarded: the trailer already shows a generic Boo playable (see? another instance of "generics vs actual characters").

The club champs would be nice too, specially in a not RPG oriented Tennis game, and it would be nice to see them mingle with the Mario cast, not to mention those are actual characters instead of the generics Camelot pulled out of their a**** for Mario Golf 64.

As for new additions, Boom Boom and Pom Pom would be nice.

Still, DON´T get your hopes up. The babies, and other alternate versions of already existing characters, as well as generics, have a MUCH bigger chance to be in. I don´t want Metal Mario crushing my roster again (no, not Honey Queen, which at least was a separate character: METAL MARIO).

Petey Piranha. My chances of getting it are 100% with him. 50% without.

Gardevoir said:
FMGBASKFH said:
It would one of those very few games she would look good in.

What, doesnt Rosalina look good on a whole!?!?!

No, no! Actually Rosalina is, in my opinion, the best-looking character in the Mario universe. I'm just saying she wouldn't look good playing football or baseball, or jumping around and screaming in a Mario Party. Tennis is one of the few sports she would really look good in (along with golf).

Am I the only person who wonders why everyone loves Boom Boom and Pom Pom so much? They were mini-bosses in one game (or two for Boom-Boom), and now everyone wants them playable? What the nuts happened in SM3DL?

FMGBASKFH said:
No, no! Actually Rosalina is, in my opinion, the best-looking character in the Mario universe. I'm just saying she wouldn't look good playing football or baseball, or jumping around and screaming in a Mario Party. Tennis is one of the few sports she would really look good in (along with golf).
My opinion is that what would make rosters better is diversity of characters (one advantage of species, though not the best choice). Due to that there are already two recurring adult princesses (at least some other human women don't look like princesses) , Roslalina could be disadvantaged.

However, among characters who need chances, Rosalina is the newest main character in Mario series and isn't prior (though many recent new comers are not those who need chances......).

Drilbur said:
Am I the only person who wonders why everyone loves Boom Boom and Pom Pom so much?

I'd like to ask the same about Rosalina.

Also, if I could change my vote, I would switch from Petey to the Babies.

The main difference is that Rosalina plays a huge part in the games she appeared in. Boom Boom and Pom Pom were mere minibosses whose names I didn't even know until recently.

Boom boom and Pom pom were lame.

Rosalina actually has a backstory, and I guess people think she's pretty?

As long as Junior is playable, I'll pretty much be good to go.

Oh hey, he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back