Most want five returning and newcomers in MTO?

Most want 5 characters in Mario Tennis Open?

• Birdo

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Toad & Toadette

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Petey Piranha

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Koopa Paratroopa & Fly Guy

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • King Boo

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 2 Kremlings

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 2 New Kongs

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dry Bones

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Magikoopa

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hammer Bro.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Boom Boom & Pom Pom

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Baby Peach & Baby Daisy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lubba

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smasher said:
Drilbur said:
Am I the only person who wonders why everyone loves Boom Boom and Pom Pom so much?

I'd like to ask the same about Rosalina.

Also, if I could change my vote, I would switch from Petey to the Babies.

Rosalina is awesome and actually relevant?

I hope this game on No Queen Bee. I most hated one of MK7 new characters.
Queen Bee is fit in only Baseball.

Metal Mario: Golf
Lakitu: Baseball, Paper Mario characters
Wiggler: Tennis, Baseball
Queen Bee: Baseball

Not Rosalina.

I'd like to see Paratroopa, Fly Guy, Wiggler, Kamek and Hammer Bro..

But regardless of who's in it, I want to buy it. It looks pretty good so far.

Frankly, I never really cared at all about Rosalina. I guess she did a good job of randomly interrupting the game to tell me semi-useless things I didn't need to hear the vast majority of the time, and I suppose she did a good job of flying the Observatory around, but otherwise, all she did most of the time was stand around being cryptic.

Hammer Bro and Dry Bones would be cool.

^That would be cool, although they are generics. I like Dry Bones, though.

On another note, I hope they return the left-handed mechanic. It was neat in the previous games. :)

Magus said:
Frankly, I never really cared at all about Rosalina. I guess she did a good job of randomly interrupting the game to tell me semi-useless things I didn't need to hear the vast majority of the time

We shall never escape from Navi's influence.

Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi are the characters I hope for most. Koopa Troopa and Rosalina are also characters I wouldn't mind either (unfortunately, it seems King Boo won't be in due to the generic playable boo).

Toad is the character I worry most about; however. I really hope Nintendo doesn't make him a small ref/host type character again (though it seems that way). I personally get annoyed whenever this happens (especially since Toad has his own model in the game and is a part of a species where another generic Toad can simply replace the NPC status Toad has in these spin-offs). :mad:

Hopefully, the case for Toad is just like that of MT64 (a host, but still playable).

I hope for that too. I wanted Toadsworth as the host, but that probably won't happen due to that screenshot.

I'm not sure Toad will be in (I want him in, though). They usually don't keep Toad as a secret character (the only game where I know they did that was Mario Kart Double Dash, but that's because an entirely new character has been introduced to the Mario series and serves as Toad's partner: Toadette)

manasword said:
They hate DK characters? I seeing votes is least number.
For unkown reason Diddy and DK are still in this time, if fans really don't want.
According to NSMB2, it has something to do with the staff who forgot the subseries.

We can still see that the difference between the what the staff and fans think.

Propeller Toad said:
Toad is the character I worry most about; however. I really hope Nintendo doesn't make him a small ref/host type character again (though it seems that way). I personally get annoyed whenever this happens (especially since Toad has his own model in the game and is a part of a species where another generic Toad can simply replace the NPC status Toad has in these spin-offs). :mad:
It can be a custom that toads aren't tennis players, but it's more serious that they're not any of players or NPC.
If it continues in more spinoffs, we can confirm that the staff decide to end the species.

Dorayaki said:
manasword said:
For unkown reason Diddy and DK are still in this time, if fans really don't want.
According to NSMB2, it has something to do with the staff who forgot the subseries.

Propeller Toad said:
It can be a custom that toads aren't tennis players, but it's more serious that they're not any of players or NPC.
If it continues in more spinoffs, we can confirm that the staff decide to end the species.

Overreaction much? End the species? They obviously just think they're better off as NPC's. And Toad was in MP9 recently and that's a spin-off. And I'm pretty sure nobody wants characters from a different series in their Mario game. That would be the reasons the apes should stick to their own games. DK and Diddy are a given now, but the rest arent as significant as the main 2 apes.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Dorayaki said:
manasword said:

Propeller Toad said:

Overreaction much? End the species? They obviously just think they're better off as NPC's. And Toad was in MP9 recently and that's a spin-off. And I'm pretty sure nobody wants characters from a different series in their Mario game. That would be the reasons the apes should stick to their own games. DK and Diddy are a given now, but the rest arent as significant as the main 2 apes.

Kongs for only DK, Diddy are enough?

My 5 inputs...

Toad: Technique
Toadette: Speedy
Rosalina: Tricky
King K. Rool: Power
Kritter: Power

I admit overreaction, though it wouldn't be a good trend for toads, which does decrease their appearances.

It's natural subseries characters only have several seats, we usually want characters form the main series (Toad, Rosalina) before subseries.
If you mean to stick, there would be DK's own spinoff line or frequent DK main games, though it's another topic.

Dorayaki said:
I admit overreaction, though it wouldn't be a good trend for toads, which does decrease their appearances.

It's natural subseries characters only have several seats, we usually want characters form the main series (Toad, Rosalina) before subseries.
If you mean to stick, there would be DK's own spinoff line or frequent DK main games, though it's another topic.

I don't quite understand what you just said but hey, sounds like your agreeing with me so that's good. I think.

manasword said:
They maybe make a WTF roster. Unlockable characters are weird.
Give me Petey Piranha, Birdo, Dry Bones, Rosalina.
Petey Piranha, Dry Bones are never playable since MSS.
If species are secondary, it may be a good thing that they only used boos this time. But I wonder if that yellow Luma is not the character same as the cream master or the orange player.

I like Rosalina, but in reality she's one of the newest characters from Galaxy in Mario series, and she's not confirmed in other games beside Kart. Even Luma is a new player in spinoffs

I'm not sure about Petey Piranha. He is similar with Dry Bowser (though DB is an alterego), who only had several appearances in main games but not confirmed as recurring characters or rivals with Mario. Maybe they can appear in more main games before this topic.

MagicalToadette! said:
I can't believe Toad and Toadette are not in this game! :mad: :'( :'( Did Nintendo forget about them?! :mad:

Not Toad, but certainly Toadette it seems

Toadette... I think Nintendo is just laying her off temporarily.

La Marionette said:
Toadette... I think Nintendo is just laying her off temporarily.
We may complain about Kart and Party for Toadette, but in Tennis series toads haven't been players for a long time. They're not concerned before other main characters right here.
The issue is that why they're still not referees in this game or previous main games. There is no way they can "lay off temporarily" if these are general settings.

Good roster, I'm fine with it. Luma will be one of my main choices.
Okay to a degree. Nice to see babies back and introduce Luma playable, but no other adjustment to common roster, like those complaints above.

Dorayaki said:
The issue is that why they're still not referees in this game or previous main games. There is no way they can "lay off temporarily" if these are general settings.

I don't think that's really Nintendo's problem. Toad's exclusion for being playable is more of Camelot's issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back