Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I was so hyped the first time I saw the commercial for Paper Mario 64: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOHaw770Hk

But it was too early in the year... didn't expect to get it until Christmas. On my 11th birthday (in September) I was a little disappointed to see I only had one present. The box was too big for it to even be Paper Mario, not that I expected it. But much to my surprise, I opened the box and it was PAPER MARIO AND THE OFFICIAL PLAYERS GUIDE! I was so happy! Now you might be asking "hey, isn't this a Paper Mario TTYD thread?" I'm getting to that. I was so happy to finally have Paper Mario. It was the best game I ever played... until...

Fast forward to when I was 14. I had a Gamecube. My N64 was basically only hooked up once in a while for Paper Mario 64 or 007 Goldenye. But holy crap. Paper Mario freaking TWO was coming out!

Then came Christmas. I had been eyeballing that Gamecube-box-sized present in front of the tree. Usually on Christmas morning I immediately opened the biggest present, but as soon as my parents turned on the camcorder, I took a dive for the obvious Gamecube game. "YES... PAPER MARIO 2" I thought.

tTGW2.jpg

I was in dismay. THAT was the game I got for Christmas? But I didn't want to hurt my parents feelings, so I thanked them. Besides, at the time, I didn't think it was a bad game. Just... not Paper Mario 2. My parents started to laugh after I opened the rest of the presents.

"Hey son, I think you missed one!"

Another Gamecube game. "Big deal. What is it, Scooby-Doo for the Gamecube?" I thought to myself. I slowly took off the first part of the packaging, revealing Koops' face.

IT WAS PAPER MARIO FREAKING TWO!!!

I ripped off the rest of the packaging and rushed to my room after kissing everyone.

"Thanks Dad, thanks Mom, thanks Alisha, thanks Victor, thanks George, thanks Ziggy, thanks Smoke, thanks Cop, thanks Nat!" Alisha was my sister, Victor was my boa constrictor, and the rest were cats, but what did I care? PAPER MARIO FREAKING TWO. This was everything the first Paper Mario was, but better. Enhanced. Fun. I loved it, and I still love it. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Wxy90.jpg

Heck yeah! i really like Paper Mario and the Thousand Year-Door because it's the only one where you can do Stylish moves and there's like an audience! it's awesome i don't think Nintendo could ever make a better game ^_^ unless Paper Mario 3DS has an audience like TTYD but i doubt that :/ In the Future They should make a remake of this game for a future of a nintendo console and Come on! who else likes Chapter 6 people? The Excess Express!! (way better than that little train in the first Paper Mario) i also like the music they play when the Excess Express is leaving the station to Poshely Heights :D

This game is one of my favorites. It's fantastic overall; good partners, AMAZING music, great gameplay, etc. I loved using Vivian, Yoshi and Goombella.

Whenever I levelled up, I'd usually boost my BP. I only raised my HP once at the beginning of the game, then raised it 2 or 3 more times at chapter 8. I'd boost FP on occasion.

I can superguard most attacks. Though some attacks I can't even do a normal guard XD

My least favorite chapter is chapter 3 because I always got bad conditions to fight with >__<

I don't really have a true favorite chapter, but I like chapters 5, 7 and 8

My badge setup was good. I'd have Jumpman, Ice Power, Spike Shield, Power Plus, Power Plus P, Quick Change, Damage Dodge and others. Depending on the boss I added/removed some badges (like I'd take off Ice Power if they didn't have a fire-based attack)

As I said before, overall, this game is AMAZING.

My badge setup:

First Priority: HP Plus, FP Plus, Defense Plus, Power Plus
Second Priority: Flower Saver, Defense Piercing Hammer, Power Smash, Power Jump
Last Priority: More Attack Badges.

Power Plus is so good, I only tried it on my last run through but it helped tons. Defense Piercing Hammer helps a lot with enemies with... Well, defense, Flower Saver is a godsend during Twilight Trial, especially when you're alone.

I level them up so they're equal. So if BP Is lower than HP & FP than I level up it and vice versa.

I don't really see a point in putting on HP Plus/FP Plus since either way it'd take a level up to boost it :p (For Mario)

Well lot of the badges are kind of useless so it's always nice t have that extra bit added on. That or I just like the way I do things.

Best Mario RPG, hands down! I just hope that Paper Mario 3DS can be superior, in my opinion. Judging by the trailers, you seem to collect mystical crowns that are alive. Interesting... I like it!

Anyways, it got me into the Paper Mario series and it kept me staying. I loved Paper Mario as well, and Super Paper Mario at elate on story-terms. While I LOVED the standard turn-based, 3D style of the predecessors, I found Super Paper Mario's to be a bit decent and took some getting used to. Its story made up for that though.

Yep! I hate Ch 4 the most which is why I am still in the intermission before Ch 4. Also I like that the game has so many secrets and Riverside Station! My favorite place (almost)

This is one of my favorite Gamecube games, next to SSB Melee and the Wind Waker. My favorite chapter has always been chapter 3, and I like chapter 2 a lot too for some reason. The setting of chapter 2 is pretty.

Ch 2, Ch 3, Ch 6, Ch 7 and 8 we my most favorite. I hate Ch 4 cuz you go back and forth from the Town to the Steeple back and then you keep doing that! But the music for it was good

i didn't like Chapter 4 either, the only thing that was cool about Chapter 4 was the Doopliss Battle Music, that was awesome!

Chapter 1: A good Chapter to sort of ease you into the game.
Chapter 2: Kind of dull, but If you don't focus on the Colours so much its over quickly.
Chapter 3: A kind of detective thing going on, which I loved.
Chapter 4: It's like Hell being by yourself going back nd forth.
Chapter 5: Pretty good but if your not prepared it gets really bad.
Chapter 6: My favourite, takes the detective thing from Ch.3 and makes a chapter out of it
Chapter 7: Spaaaaaaaaaaceee!
Chapter 8: a good ending chapter, with good bosses and good puzzles

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Chapter 1: A good Chapter to sort of ease you into the game.
Chapter 2: Kind of dull, but If you don't focus on the Colours so much its over quickly.
Chapter 3: A kind of detective thing going on, which I loved.
Chapter 4: It's like Hell being by yourself going back nd forth.
Chapter 5: Pretty good but if your not prepared it gets really bad.
Chapter 6: My favourite, takes the detective thing from Ch.3 and makes a chapter out of it
Chapter 7: Spaaaaaaaaaaceee!
Chapter 8: a good ending chapter, with good bosses and good puzzles
Thats what I thought about most of them too. Chapter 8 was epic though

Chapter 1: Nope.avi
Chapter 2: It's the Jabbies!
Chapter 3: Best. Chapter. Ever.
Chapter 4: I'M TRYING TO DRAW A LITTLE PIGGY
Chapter 5: Super pirate adventure.
Chapter 6: What do you think about this one, Luigi?
Chapter 7: The only time Vivian can be seen detached from the ground!
Chapter 8: Borrrrring.

I can see how they thought it was boring, it is pretty dull and if you know what to do for the puzzles it's kind of a chore.

Where did I say the final boss is boring? Nowhere. Read My comment before you decide to do one yourself.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Where did I say the final boss is boring? Nowhere. Read My comment before you decide to do one yourself.
No I said that because it is in C8 meaning it sounds like you are saying the Shadow Queen fight is boring

Back