Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Was there any music in that game that wasn't awesome?

Yoshidude99 said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:
Favourite to worst

Chapter 6
Chapter 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 7
Chapter 5
Chapter 8
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

YoshiGo99 said:
WHAT?? That isn't right. It was very peaceful and calming! The music was great in the chapter.

People can have opinions, don't get *bleep*ty over it. I wasn't a huge fan of it either. The music was average for me. I absolutely despise Pikmin so maybe that's why I hated the punies. And calming music just doesn't do it for me. I want action packed music.
You must like the music when you fight Macho Grubba then

Don't Fear said:
Macho Grubba's music was so fucking sweet.

That pretty much sums it up yes.

I also absolutely love the Big Bowser Koopa Krush song when you fight him in Chapter 8. That shit was awesome.

People always complain about his fight right after Grodus' but I had o trouble at all.

I didn't level up in between either, all you need t do is use a ultra shroom to regain health or the ultra shroom + honey syrup thing and then destroy Kammy to stop all the status power-ups for bowser then take down bowser.

And I had it worse, I loved the music so I dragged the fight out so I could listen longer. And I still didn't get close to dying. It's not a hard boss if you can strategize a little :/ It's like sling pod galaxy in Galaxy 1. It's not hard you just need some concentration.

That rant done with, I remember when I fought the shadow queen.

She oly had like 6HP left and I had no FP, hardly any HP and o healing items. All I had was a shooting star. So that was my last chance to kill her and I won :) such a good feeling when you beat that boss.

ahahaha 1st time i fought the Shadow Queen i won with 1HP LEFT! it felt awesome to win ^_^ and then the 2nd time (which was like 3 or 4 weeks ago) i won with 56 HP because i leveled up with BP instead of HP because i had soo much confidence the 2nd time lol :D

Doesn't the game freeze if you tried to do that way where you lower your HP to 5 to do like 30 damage eith all the Mega Rush badges if you battle the Shadow Queen in one of the battles?

Well what you do is go to Chet Reppo (I think) and make him lower your HP and make FP higher to use defense badges and get as many Mega Rush badges as you can from the Pianta Parlor. Then you also have to have the Power Bounce. I did this for the pit of 100 trials and I might do it for the shadow queen. I remember I heard someone say that might happen but which one of the two battles was it. 1st battle or second?

Wait it was the first, before she was invincible you can attack here until she has around 80HP. You can't make it any lower unless you use that cheat cuz it does over 100 damage if you use Power Bounce.

YoshiGo99 said:
Well what you do is go to Chet Reppo (I think) and make him lower your HP and make FP higher to use defense badges and get as many Mega Rush badges as you can from the Pianta Parlor. Then you also have to have the Power Bounce. I did this for the pit of 100 trials and I might do it for the shadow queen. I remember I heard someone say that might happen but which one of the two battles was it. 1st battle or second?

Well, it's possible todo it. I watched a video of someone doing it. He just used Boo's Sheets when she was invincible.

So my cousin was playing Magnus 2.0 today and showed me exactly how rigged this game could be. He charged for a few turns, then multibounced on Magnus and won in a turn.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
So my cousin was playing Magnus 2.0 today and showed me exactly how rigged this game could be. He charged for a few turns, then multibounced on Magnus and won in a turn.
Well that boss is very weak

His attacks were pretty high.
I think. I haven't played the game in a while.

The Battle system is really Awesome

Yeah, but that just ruins the fun of it.

Yoshidude99 said:
Well that boss is very weak

They're all pretty weak in general.

Mario rpgs have never really been HARD due to nintendo wanting to please large crowds, outside of those hardcore rpg gamers.

Paper Mario also has TONS of customization in its battle system, with that much customization its only natural that you can break the game with little effort.

I mean we got the charge tactic, the danger tactic, the stat boosters, god knows what else.

Onward to my opinion of the game:

Paper Mario 2 was pretty good, not exactly sure if I enjoyed as much as the first, due to that game being my first rpg and all, but I can say this: I was overjoyed to play this game. Visuals and audio were much better and a lot added to the battle system to once again make the turn based battle system more unique from many other jrpgs such as dragon quest, mother, and Pokemon. I did like the writing more though, characters felt more goofy and had more personality, the game was also invested with some rather hilarious plot ideas, such as a computer falling for a Princess.

Many designs were pretty good too, I especially love the x-naut faction designs, Vivian, Doopliss, and most of the party member designs are among my favorites.

The game also had an interesting thing for Bowser with his rather quirky Chapter mini game(you know the platforming and all). Bowser himself was quite hilarious and was rather spontaneous, although did spout some cool boss battles.

I also love the areas in the game, from the underground city to the x-naut base, there were some really nice and beautiful areas in the game.

Regrettably, with all good things must come the bad things:

The plot in the game was a bit lackluster for me as I've played many rpgs and have seen things similar to this story before, so it was a bit of a disappointment for me.

Sidequests as seen in the previous paper Mario were also a bit lack luster.

Especially the dreaded 100 trials, as it often is just some small room with some enemies, and some small time rewards(besides the item bag upgrade) until the boss of the place. Which I don't remember the reward for beating him very impressive.

Besides from that, Paper Mario the thousand year door was a good game, and probably one of my favorite rpgs.

Welp that's my opinion anyway.

You know, you're kind of bad when it comes to capitalization.

However, you have very good grammar and sentence structure. Ever considered writing? o:

Don't Fear said:
You know, you're kind of bad when it comes to capitalization.

However, you have very good grammar and sentence structure. Ever considered writing? o:

*Coughofftopiccompletelycough*

Back