Playable Female Characters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Since I made threads for playable villains, anti-heroes, and third-party characters, I thought we should have a thread for playable females as well.

By the way, Birdo doesn't count.

A female Fire Emblem character is a great choice. Sorry, I haven't played too much Fire Emblem so I can't be specific

We could also have a female Pokemon trainer. With female versions of some Pokemon.

I would also approve Lip being playable.

I would question the logic of having four different threads about new characters, but...

How about no to Daisy and Amy.
Baby Luigi said:
A female Fire Emblem character is a great choice. Sorry, I haven't played too much Fire Emblem so I can't be specific
Oh yeah Eirika from Sacred Stones would be awesome.

Marisa would be better, but I think they only let in the main protagonists... : (

Dr. Javelin said:
I would question the logic of having four different threads about new characters, but...

3 threads. Villains and Anti-Heroes shared the same thread. But yeah, now that I think about it, I should've just made a "Who do you want playable in the next SSB game?" thread instead.

Dr. Javelin said:
How about no to Daisy and Amy.

Since Daisy is already one of Peach's costumes, we don't really need Daisy. I still like Daisy though.

As for Amy, I agree. I'm no Sonic expert, but I don't see Amy being able to hold her own in a Smash Bros. fight.

Well, I can see Amy fighting cause she's got that hammer of hers that could do all sorts of things.

But no, it would be a bad addition.

(Personally I'd rather have her than Toad though)

How about Krystal from Star Fox? She's actually be the one Star Fox representative to not be a Fox clone and could wield her staff and abilities from Star Fox Adventures.

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, I can see Amy fighting cause she's got that hammer of hers that could do all sorts of things.

That hammer looks like a toy though. It can't even smash Eggman's robots in Sonic Heroes. It just lets Amy twirl in mid-air and summon a tornado. I could be missing something though.

Baby Luigi said:

Yes. Eirika would be cool like Javelin said. I'd also like to see Lyn upgrade from assist trophy to playable character.

Buster Baxter said:
Dr. Javelin said:

That hammer looks like a toy though. It can't even smash Eggman's robots in Sonic Heroes. It just lets Amy twirl in mid-air and summon a tornado. I could be missing something though.
> implying Sonic Heroes is a good indicator of the Sonic series
darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg

Smasher said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yes. Eirika would be cool like Javelin said. I'd also like to see Lyn upgrade from assist trophy to playable character.
Haven't played that Fire Emblem game, but more Fire Emblem characters is always good in my book.

Yeah Daisy and Amy won't and should not make it. They're both alright but they're nowhere near Smash Bros. level of importance.

Buster Baxter said:
As for Amy, I agree. I'm no Sonic expert, but I don't see Amy being able to hold her own in a Smash Bros. fight.

Though I would still like to say. "Holding your own fight" is hardly an argument in regards to Smash Bros. There's some characters in the roster that you would normally believe would not "Hold their own" against some of the stronger characters. Amy has fought before, in both Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

I'm not saying Amy has a chance at all. Because heck it's incredibly doubtful they'll give a 2nd character to the Sonic series. Even if they do. It'd be more appropriate to be Tails or Knuckles. I think Amy would only get in if the roster turned out being more then twice the size of Brawl's.

Dr. Javelin said:
Buster Baxter said:
Dr. Javelin said:

> implying Sonic Heroes is a good indicator of the Sonic series
*Darth Vader fail pic*

Hey at least I admitted that I wasn't a Sonic expert.

Buster Baxter said:
Skip to 6:19.

I'd say Rosalina, but her odds aren't all that high. Oddly, at the Smash Boards, there had been some discussions relating to Impa.

That's because Impa was epic in Skyward Sword. She was just cool in OoT, but she was total win in SS.

Magus said:
That's because Impa was epic in Skyward Sword. She was just cool in OoT, but she was total win in SS.

Did you see Impa in her Oracle of Seasons/Ages incarnation? There had been a rather large debate there. In fact, there also has been debates on whether or not Sheik would get ditched.

Anyway, I never played Skyward Sword, so I wouldn't really know what to think of Impa. But, by my perspective, I'll take her over Ghirahim any day; I really don't like that guy.

Nope. One of Samus' alternate color schemes was her Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, but Dark Samus herself is a completely different character.

Cell said:
'3K said:
Nope. One of Samus' alternate color schemes was her Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, but Dark Samus herself is a completely different character.
It'd just be another clone.

I was about to ask that. 3K, you're one of the Metroid experts here. Is Dark Samus any different than normal Samus in terms of combat?

More female characters? Let's see...

I'd like to see Krystal from the Star Fox series most of all.

Toon Zelda/Tetra would be a nice addition!

I really like Dixie Kong, too.

Maybe Zoroark from the Pokemon movie could be playable. She was female, you know.

I suppose you could include Paula or Kumatora...

That's all I got for now.

Smashgoom202 said:
Maybe Zoroark from the Pokemon movie could be playable. She was female, you know.

Except I think Sakurai mentioned that only video game characters are allowed in SSB, hence why he claims that the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl is Red from Red/Blue/Yelllow/FireRed/LeafGreen contrary to people thinking he's Ash.

Buster Baxter said:
Cell said:
'3K said:
It'd just be another clone.

I was about to ask that. 3K, you're one of the Metroid experts here. Is Dark Samus any different than normal Samus in terms of combat?
Yeah. For one thing, Dark Samus can fly anywhere. For another thing, Dark Samus has much, much more powerful weaponry. Also, all of the weapons and upgrades she copies from Samus are all used for different strategical purposes. The Boost Ball, for example, isn't just a jolt of physical force, it's a ricocheting force that goes everywhere and does massive damage. Also, Dark Samus can clone herself and absorb the abilities of certain Bounty Hunters corrupted by Phazon. So yeah, Dark Samus would be pretty awesome.

Sorry for stealing your answer, '3K....

Buster Baxter said:
Sí señor.

I don't think Dark Samus would be a clone character. She'd be like what Luigi is to Mario. In my mind, I picture her fighting style being like what you'd get if you combined Samus and Mewtwo. Slower and stronger than Samus but at the same time being more floaty and lighter.

As for moves, her Standard B could be her Phazon Scattershot which shoots multiple weak projectiles instead of one sustained blast. Her Side B could be a Phazon Missle which you could hold. The longer the hold, the stronger the shot. She has no equivalent of the Screw Attack, so her Up B could be that move she does where she levitates for a moment then dive-bombs you. Kinda like Sonic's Homing Attack, but she wouldn't bounce off her target. Instead she'd go through it. She has no bombs either, so her Down B could be her little forcefield thing she always does. Stronger and fatser than, say, Nayru's Love but it leaves her more open afterwards.

Final Smash could totally be the Aurora Unit.

Any down sides (i.e. anything that would make some players choose regular Samus instead of Dark Samus and vice-versa, so neither has any obvious advantages or weaknesses)?

Back