Playable Female Characters

If you could play as Ashley in Super Smash Bros. I would always play as her. Unless you could also play as Waluigi. :waluigi: :waluigi:

Captain Syrup, Kat & Ana (could work like Ice Climbers), Dixie (she could follow Diddy around and you can press down B to switch between the 2 like you did in DKC2), Amy (those hammer techniques she did in SA could work as badass special moves or standard attacks), and Krystal.

Isn't that easy? most of our games feature only male protagonist, so we can hardly ask for female protagonists to be in crossover games for limited places. If it's Mario spinoffs, I usually ask for more female members to participate, but I can't expect Brawl as same.

The only way I think generally is to add one place for some series, choose each heroine playable when the protagonist is male, that's the most or only reasonable way I can think.

Tomba said:
Captain Syrup, Kat & Ana (could work like Ice Climbers), Dixie (she could follow Diddy around and you can press down B to switch between the 2 like you did in DKC2), Amy (those hammer techniques she did in SA could work as badass special moves or standard attacks), and Krystal.
Amy is not proper for a 3rd party when Sonic himself joins only, Dixie and Syrup's problem are that they are subseries characters and minor to other major heroines of Mario like Daisy or Birdo. (besides, I still worry about new subseries games)

Fire Emblem, Mother and Star Fox do have some nice heroines to be playable.

Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Maybe Zoroark from the Pokemon movie could be playable. She was female, you know.

Except I think Sakurai mentioned that only video game characters are allowed in SSB, hence why he claims that the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl is Red from Red/Blue/Yelllow/FireRed/LeafGreen contrary to people thinking he's Ash.
Yeah, Lucario doesn't talk in the games, and besides, it's like the anime has zero influence on some of the things in Super Smash Bros.

Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Maybe Zoroark from the Pokemon movie could be playable. She was female, you know.

Except I think Sakurai mentioned that only video game characters are allowed in SSB, hence why he claims that the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl is Red from Red/Blue/Yelllow/FireRed/LeafGreen contrary to people thinking he's Ash.
Snivy's a female in Pokepark 2. Could she be playable (along with Pignite and Samurott)?

Smashgoom202 said:
Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Yeah, Lucario doesn't talk in the games, and besides, it's like the anime has zero influence on some of the things in Super Smash Bros.

I detect sarcasm.

If Mega Man's playable in the next game, I'd like Roll to appear. Her powered up design gives her more than enough alternate costumes and weapons.

Baby Luigi said:
A female Fire Emblem character is a great choice. Sorry, I haven't played too much Fire Emblem so I can't be specific

We could also have a female Pokemon trainer. With female versions of some Pokemon.

I would also approve Lip being playable.

Yes, Lip definitely deserves to be playable. She definitely would be a good Nintendo puzzle rep and a retro character as well (though she did make an appearance in Captain Rainbow recently). I'm afraid that I do not know much for Fire Emblem; however, and its recent games. The only one that comes to mind is Caeda (though I do not know how relevant she is as of now).

I personally think Dixie Kong has her chances as well (though it could be possible that she might get teamed up with Diddy if they do revamp his moveset since the two were initially planned together).

I'm aware that Sakurai somewhat rejected the Balloon Fighter idea, but perhaps Alice the Balloon Kid (from GB: Balloon Kid) has a chance? Her game was more adventure themed and not to mention that she is a notable female character. She did get some relevance by having her game released for the 3DS eShop recently as well:
images

In terms of Zoroark, 87.5% of them are males. Sure the one from the movie is female, but I see Zoroark as more of a masculine Pokemon.

Daisy seems reasonable. With Waluigi being ditched in MK7 and Toad lacking playability in a lot of games, Daisy is the only standard recurring Mario character not yet featured in SSB.

As for any female Fire Emblem characters, Lynn and Eirika are the obvious choices I guess, but I don't really think they're the best choices for SSB characters. I both found them to be rather bland characters in-game, other lords would probably be better choices.

I do really support Toon Zelda / Tetra.

Mijzelffan said:
Daisy seems reasonable. With Waluigi being ditched in MK7 and Toad lacking playability in a lot of games, Daisy is the only standard recurring Mario character not yet featured in SSB.

"Lacking playability in a lot of games?" Standard recurring Mario character? You do realize that Daisy has yet to appear in a Super Mario game since Super Mario Land? In Smash Bros., it is the main Super Mario series that Sakurai takes into account in terms of the Mario slots as the characters we have all play a role in Miyamoto's cherished series. Toad has been constant with the series (appeared in almost all the Mario titles) and has had 2 playable appearances in the Mario platformers (which is more than Peach at this point of time).

Toad is still very constant with the spin-offs as well. Yes, the GCN era was the worst time for him; however, he still made appearances in every spin-off regardless of not being playable. He is being treated much better now, and there is a reason why Toad has appeared constantly in every Mario Kart as a default. Daisy is in the same boat as Waluigi...just a little higher though with her small role in SML. Aside from that, she has been absent for quite a while now in the main Mario series. A staple in the spin-off series yes, but in the general Mario cast Daisy is not next in line - that goes to Toad and possibly Bowser Jr..

Okay seriously this is not a thread for debating Toad.

He is clearly not a female character, and if you have problems with determining this then you should go see a doctor right away.

Unless you listened to his high-pitched voice to make your assumption.

^I think we are all aware of that. However, I simply provided a rebuttal when Toad was mentioned to have a lesser chance than he is worth. I don't see how one would accuse someone with mistaking Toad's gender with this point as well. I provided my female suggestions in my first post on this thread as well. ;)

I personally don't think Daisy would have much of a chance since she needs to go up against Toad, Jr., and Paper Mario (we need to also look at a character's competition for the slot and Daisy has little to offer in comparison to the other male characters I suggested).

Rosalina has appeared in at least two mainstream games, while Daisy only had one. On the other hand, the Ice Climbers only appeared in one game, but got into Melee and Brawl.

In terms of moveset potential though, Rosalina pretty much has the upper hand.

Buster Baxter said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Well, I can see Amy fighting cause she's got that hammer of hers that could do all sorts of things.

But no, it would be a bad addition.

That hammer looks like a toy though. It can't even smash Eggman's robots in Sonic Heroes. It just lets Amy twirl in mid-air and summon a tornado. I could be missing something though.
That's because Amy's move to attack in Heroes is the Homing Attack. Anyway I would like Amy in I think she would be good.

Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I detect sarcasm.

If Mega Man's playable in the next game, I'd like Roll to appear. Her powered up design gives her more than enough alternate costumes and weapons.
Your detection is wrong, I'm almost never sarcastic.

Smashgoom202 said:
Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Buster Baxter said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I detect sarcasm.

Your detection is wrong, I'm almost never sarcastic.
However, Pikachu and Jigglypuff have their anime voices, and so do some of the others.

Propeller Toad said:
"Lacking playability in a lot of games?" Standard recurring Mario character? You do realize that Daisy has yet to appear in a Super Mario game since Super Mario Land? In Smash Bros., it is the main Super Mario series that Sakurai takes into account in terms of the Mario slots as the characters we have all play a role in Miyamoto's cherished series. Toad has been constant with the series (appeared in almost all the Mario titles) and has had 2 playable appearances in the Mario platformers (which is more than Peach at this point of time).
it's no good to discuss here in subboard and totally offtopic. Toad's lack of playability is a fact, this needs to be solved in Mario's own spinoffs before Smash. For Daisy, I think the staff do have only use same model with Peach, as she haven't proved too much personal styles in spinoffs (actually same for Mario and Luigi).

Evil Magikrazy said:
However, Pikachu and Jigglypuff have their anime voices, and so do some of the others.
Exactly.

Not to mention, even though it obviously ISN'T Ash, you have to admit, the Pokemon Trainer's voice DOES remind you of him.

Smashgoom202 said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Exactly.

Not to mention, even though it obviously ISN'T Ash, you have to admit, the Pokemon Trainer's voice DOES remind you of him.

Which is incredibly unfortunate, since Ash sucks in all respects.

Yeah, I remember how I found it weird that even though the Trainer was Red, his voice sounds almost exactly like Ash.
...Unfortunately.
I'm looking forward for the playable Trainer this Gen.

Propeller Toad said:
Mijzelffan said:

Toad is still very constant with the spin-offs as well. Yes, the GCN era was the worst time for him; however, he still made appearances in every spin-off regardless of not being playable. He is being treated much better now, and there is a reason why Toad has appeared constantly in every Mario Kart as a default. Daisy is in the same boat as Waluigi...just a little higher though with her small role in SML. Aside from that, she has been absent for quite a while now in the main Mario series. A staple in the spin-off series yes, but in the general Mario cast Daisy is not next in line - that goes to Toad and possibly Bowser Jr..

But I was talking about spin-offs, and while I'm totally cool with Toad getting in (I think he should get in before Daisy does), I was just saying he doesn't appear in games like Tennis and olympics while Daisy does. Daisy has something Toad and Jr. don't have: boobs. If Nintendo wants to add more female characters Daisy would be a prime candidate.

MnSG said:
If people want breast exposure, they should look up Medusa. Also, Rosalina > Daisy.
I don't know, I feel like if there will be any other playable character in SSB from Kid Icarus, it should be Magnus or the Eggplant Wizard; EW because of his infamy, Magnus because he looks taylor-made to be a playable Super Smash Bros. character.

Either way, yeah, Rosalina over Daisy any day.

If they're going to introduce any new female characters, it has to be Jade. No questions asked.
BGE--article_image.jpg

Back