Playable Female Characters

Smashgoom202 said:
Isn't she owned by Ubisoft?
Wow. Female and third-party. Two in one.

EDIT:
Mijzelfan said:
[Toad] doesn't appear in games like Tennis and Olympic games while Daisy does.

He does appear in those games, he just isn't playable.

Mijzelffan said:
[Toad] doesn't appear in games like Tennis and Olympic games while Daisy does.
the point is he's not a major player but an NPC in most games, the improvement must be done in Mario's own spinoffs before Smash
anyway, it's off topic.

Crocodile Dippy said:
If they're going to introduce any new female characters, it has to be Jade. No questions asked.
despite another 3rd company, she hasn't begun her game career for other sequels. Other female warriors like Lora Craft are more possible or well-known.

MnSG said:
If people want breast exposure, they should look up Medusa. Also, Rosalina > Daisy.
Daisy's history is longer, anyway the two can easily be used as sharing Peach's model.

Sadly, the alternate outfit idea won't work too well for Daisy and Rosalina, since they're different entities from Peach. Dr. Mario and Mario works, since they're one in the same.

If you're not convinced, please refer to the following quotes in the spoiler box below...

Brock said:
MnSG said:
Lily said:
Toad would proboly stay as a move for Peach, and unless Daisy get's in too, Rosalina could proboly only make it as an assist trophy.

I'd like it if Rosalina is an alternate outfit pick for Peach, but I doubt people would like that thought. Still, like Wario's two outfits, it would expand the list of recolor options for Peach. For an example...

*Peach (Default)
**Default (Pink)
**Yellow
**Red; Red Team
**Blue; Blue Team
**Green; Green Team
**White
*Peach (Daisy Outfit)
**Default (Yellow)
**Pink
**Red; Red Team
**Blue; Blue Team
**Green; Green Team
**White
*Peach (Rosalina Outfit)
**Default (Turquoise)
**Red; Red Team
**Blue; Blue Team
**Green; Green Team
**Yellow
**White

That would be an interesting way for Nintendo to save time and claim they added the characters. It seems a little cheap though, so I dont see Nintendo doing it. It would basically be the same as actually adding Rosalina and Daisy, but they'd just be copies of Peach in terms of moves.

I dont see Nintendo going this route. It's simpler from an execution stand point, but not a good move from a playability stand point.

Brock said:
MnSG said:
Brock said:
That would be an interesting way for Nintendo to save time and claim they added the characters. It seems a little cheap though, so I dont see Nintendo doing it. It would basically be the same as actually adding Rosalina and Daisy, but they'd just be copies of Peach in terms of moves.

I dont see Nintendo going this route. It's simpler from an execution stand point, but not a good move from a playability stand point.

That's pretty much why I stated that people wouldn't like my input. And of course, the outfits would not affect movesets at all. Simply put by your standpoint, this means no Dry Bowser, no Shadow the Hedgehog, no nothing.

Still, this is pretty much the best solution for Dr. Mario, since he really shouldn't be a separate entity. And of course, this also applies to Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein, since those two, and King K. Rool, are one in the same.

Yeah, it would work well for some characters, but not all. Was just saying that in the case of peach/daisy/rosalina it was a cop-out and Nintendo would get roasted for it if they tried it.

MnSG said:
Yeah it is upsetting that when you think the idea over, it's not as effective as you'd like it to be. I only inputted this thought as an alternate way to represent characters without wasting roster slots. After all, the quality of the Assist Trophies are typically inferior to that of the playable characters.

Urm... I kinda like the rabbids. eh heh... at least the videos that popped up quite a bit about them on Youtube the past few years

Anything from Rayman kinda seems unlikely for Smash Bros. Though having Rayman himself as a playable would be kinda nice. But he shouldn't get in over much more popular ones like Mega Man. Any more talk on this would be off-topic though. Rayman isn't female after all.

The Rabbids were funny and endearing at first, but then Ubisoft really went all-out with them, to the point where they completely overshadowed Rayman himself!

Smashgoom202 said:
The Rabbids were funny and endearing at first, but then Ubisoft really went all-out with them, to the point where they completely overshadowed Rayman himself!

Yeah true it was rather weird to have games with the Rabbids where Rayman was reduced to a cameo at best. But meh, I still find some of the videos made for them entertaining and the Rabbids Go Home game was kinda decent if a bit bizarre.

Plus the use of music was kinda nice. Rabbids are actually the reason I kinda like the song "Smoke on Water". The games where you had to shoot them with a Plunger gun were a little bit interesting. I think the 2nd one had them running around in like a realistic setting with real people on the screen.

Rayman is still overall better then the Rabbids. But meh I could never really hate them.

I really like how my joke suggestion turned into a discussion about Rayman and the Rabbids.

Smashgoom202 said:
but now Rayman is back and the Rabbids are another series and I like Raving Rabbids T.V Party it is fun

Smashgoom202 said:
Exactly, here's how I reacted.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids- They brought Rayman back? Happy times!
Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2- This is nice, but the Rabbids are starting to get tiring.
Rayman: Raving Rabbids TV Party- Wait, what? Where's Rayman? THESE RABBIDS ARE EVERYWHERE!
Rabbids Go Home- ENOUGH OF THESE SHENANIGANS!
Rayman 3D- Oh, they split the two series up. A remake is nice, too.
Rabbids Travel Thru Time- The Rabbids are still annoying, though.
Rayman Origins- They brought Rayman back? Happy times!

Maybe I'll make a thread for this so this stops going off-topic.

To get us back on-topic, I'd like Dixie to be playable if I didn't mention her earlier.

Like I said before, I think Snivy would be good. I also think Adeline from Kirby 64 would be good (her paintings come to life).

Back