SSB4's Adventure Mode Stages and Bosses

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Like the title says, this is about ideas for SSB4's Adventure Mode stages and bosses. Basically, I felt that when Melee came out, Adventure Mode was epic, but it needed a story. When Brawl came out, I was glad that it was added. However, besides a few story complaints about how they should've implemented certain characters, there was something that I felt was superior in the previous installment. Each of the stages being based off of Nintendo franchises. The stages were cool, but I think that we would have definitely preferred stages based on areas of EVERY franchise included and one for each. Also, I felt that should've been applied to bosses to instead of making most of them robots.

So basically, if you were to have each stage and boss based off of a certain franchise what would it be/ The only rule is that there can only be one stage and boss for a franchise, so don't post comments saying that there should be three Zelda bosses or something. Also, feel free to post ideas of a final original boss like Master Hand or Tabuu, it helps squeeze out all of the potential in this topic. Just keep in min, ideas for final bosses have to be original and not from a Nintendo franchise. (Before I forget, you could use third-party materials too)

Here are stages I believe would be great:

Super Mario: At first, I wanted this to just be based on a typical World 1 grassy theme. But then it hit me! What if there are eight segments in this level that spontaneously change from theme to theme to represent world progression. Like from World 1's grassy world to World 2's desert world to World 3's ice world, etc. And there are plenty of vines to send you up to some sky areas, warp pipes leading you underground, and underwater pools. In the end would be a Bowser castle segment requiring you to traverse atop lava pools and stone walls along with traps and bridges.

Sonic the Hedgehog: After some heavy thinking, I came to a decision. I want it to be based off of Angel Island with it's lush jungle theme! There can be moss covered loops and Badniks everywhere, along with a segment comprising of the jungle burning like in Sonic the Hedgehog 3! There could even be spikes and Dr. Eggman's airship at the end of the zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 could drop missiles on you.

The Legend of Zelda: I'd like this stage to tie in with the current console installment and implement Lanayru Desert. Desert laves like Gerudo Desert have always been a fan-favorite, so I thought this would be a perfect fit. You could explore the arid sands and even enter the Sandship or Lanayru Mining Facility! Tentalus could even be a hazard you'll need to escape from since he attacks from the background.

Pokemon: I thought that the one thing this stage needed was a location located in every region so it wouldn't be biased to a certain region. That's why I decided to have it based off of Victory Road! Imagine running through caverns, swimming in underwater pools, smashing rocks in a similar fashion to Rock Smash, and moving boulders like having to use Strength to proceed in Pokemon games.

Now here are my boss ideas:

Super Bowser: In some of the most recent games, Bowser has taken on a form of growing into a huge form. So I thought, why not make it a boss to tie in with continuity? He could appear on a side of the stage and try to slice with his claws and shoot fire balls or his fire breath at you. On occasion, he'll go into the background and punned the ground with his fists while spewing fireballs like SUper Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Island.

The Imprisoned: I know this might seem a little random, but I'll explain why I picked this. You see, it'd be a good way to tie in with fighting Demise (I honestly think he'll replace Ganondorf in SSB4 since he is actually Ganondorf, but just his original incarnation and it'd be a good way to tie in a Skyward Sword cast without keeping Twilight Princess Ganondorf.) You could attack him by destroying his toes which causes him to fall and you could attack the seal on his head. He can stomp the ground to cause shockwaves and gobble you up in a single bite.

Arceus: Come on, fighting God would be totally awesome! He could cast Roar of Time to slow you down or freeze you in time, Spacial Rend to switch gravity, and Shadow Force to camouflage and attack you unnoticeably. Additionally, he could fire Judgement which sends red beams scattered into the sky which them rain down as meteors.

So, what do you want for stages and bosses?

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
I honestly think Demise will replace Ganondorf in SSB4 since he is actually Ganondorf.
Although I also think that, I only believe he'll replace him in appearance, not name.

As for bosses, I think that Zangief and Cut Man would be good (if Capcom makes it in the games)

Evil Magikrazy said:
I honestly think Demise will replace Ganondorf in SSB4 since he is actually Ganondorf.
Although I also think that, I only believe he'll replace him in appearance, not name.

As for bosses, I think that Zangief and Cut Man would be good (if Capcom makes it in the games)
I agree with both paragraphs entirely. Either way, I'd be satisfied just at the site of his mere presence. There BETTER be sword moves for the B attacks instead of Captain Falcon rip-offs.

Evil Magikrazy said:

I agree with both paragraphs entirely. Either way, I'd be satisfied just at the site of his mere presence. There BETTER be sword moves for the B attacks instead of Captain Falcon rip-offs.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Ganondorf taunts us with one of his taunts in Brawl. He pulls out his sword, looks at it, and pulls it out; I'm just standing there (or sitting) going "What? Seriously?" Sword moves would be great for Demise/Ganondorf.

I did have the following to input, in terms of bosses...

Brobot: At some point in the story, Luigi will get captured, and then be brainwashed into becoming Mr. L. Mr. L will then utilize this contraption to take out the heroes.

Super Dimentio: Dimentio is the one who's responsible for brainwashing Luigi, but he also serves someone much more superior. Before facing the heroes, he'll use Mr. L, and he's also given a replacement for the Chaos Heart, which in return turns him into Super Dimentio. Defeating Super Dimentio will free Luigi, and he'll be freed from the brainwash that he received.

I've said this a dozen times here and on other forums, but I really really want The Black Knight in to represent the Fire Emblem series - he'd make a great boss.

MnSG said:

Brobot: At some point in the story, Luigi will get captured, and then be brainwashed into becoming Mr. L. Mr. L will then utilize this contraption to take out the heroes.

Super Dimentio: Dimentio is the one who's responsible for brainwashing Luigi, but he also serves someone much more superior. Before facing the heroes, he'll use Mr. L, and he's also given a replacement for the Chaos Heart, which in return turns him into Super Dimentio. Defeating Super Dimentio will free Luigi, and he'll be freed from the brainwash that he received.
FUCK YEAH MR L

MnSG said:

Implying that there will be a story

Well, since the prequel had a story, this one should have a new story as well. When you create a sequel, you want it to be better than the last one. And this time, they'd better create a full, complete story with different worlds instead of having the last half of the story being a repetition of the first half.

I really liked how those Nintendo characters interacted and teamed up with each other for the same purposes. Even the enemies. Especially because some characters are so different and belong to completely different universes. Samus + Pikachu, Link + Yoshi, Mario + Pit, Marth + Meta Knight, Kirby + Peach/Zelda, Lucas + Pokémon Trainer, etc. Those pairs were awesome.

Poor Kraid has been benched for too long. It's time for him to show up in a game again.

A really crazy idea for me is that each character gets a story arc and has to progress through other characters' worlds.

there is one thing that bothered me about the cutscenes in Brawl: how can the characters understand each other when they don't even speak?

supermariofan said:
there is one thing that bothered me about the cutscenes in Brawl: how can the characters understand each other when they don't even speak?

Hey, people can understand Link all the time and he doesn't say a single word

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:

Hey, people can understand Link all the time and he doesn't say a single word
Navi talks for Link, usually.

And supermariofan, it's called body language. The language that everyone speaks.

I'd absolutely love Eggman to be a boss in SSB4

Super Smash Bros. + Sonic already makes me want to go "Shut up and take my money!" but having awesome stuff like that get into it too wants me to make them shut up and give them my money faster.

Earlier, I did have an input for certain bosses. During certain boss fights, if you deplete the boss's health down to 1 HP, it'll create a barrier, which protects it from all normal attacks. However, the barrier can be penetrated by Final Smash moves; during the phase, three portals would pop up, spawning two different enemies, and a Smash Ball. When the barrier is destroyed, you only have to deliver one more attack to the boss to finish it off, but if you don't act fast enough, the boss will recover a portion of its barrier.

This element is a reference to the Grand Doomer boss fight from Kirby's Return to Dream Land, in which the Grand Doomer will encase itself in a stone body when down to its last hit point, which could only be damaged by super abilities.

Of course, this type of phase is not used in The Arena (Boss Battles).

Professor Mario said:
How would you guys feel about Metroid Queen being a boss, or perhaps Dr. Eggman in this mecha:

Yes to both of those. I'd especially like to see the Metroid Queen show up in a 3D game that doesn't totally suck.

neutral on Metroid Queen, but seeing Eggman as a boss would be pretty awesome.

I have two idea so i'll start with the stupid one
Emperor Bulbax know idea how they would do it but Pikmin needs more love

Now for the genius idea
The Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh

Back