SSB4's Adventure Mode Stages and Bosses

MnSG said:
@Anser: Darkrai isn't exactly evil. Its ability to cause bad dreams is primarily used as a self-defense against enemies.

Now Kyurem would work much better, seeing as it's said to have a hostile nature towards humans and other Pokemon. Additionally, it does have the Black Kyurem and White Kyurem forms that could be implemented as well.
While I agree Kyurem would be an excellent choice, Darkrai is known to be a recurring Pokemon spin-off villain in games like Mystery Dungeon 2 and PokePark 2. I wouldn't mind Darkrai being included or Kyurem as an antagonist.

You know, the funny thing about Darkrai and Dusknoir is that they're portrayed as bad guys in the Pokemon spin-offs. And yet in the anime, both of them are actually good guys who were first treated as bad guys. I guess Ghost-types and Dark-types have it rough when it comes to being protagonists.

MnSG said:
You know, the funny thing about Darkrai and Dusknoir is that they're portrayed as bad guys in the Pokemon spin-offs. And yet in the anime, both of them are actually good guys who were first treated as bad guys. I guess Ghost-types and Dark-types have it rough when it comes to being protagonists.
I know. Its like how people always assume the element of darkness or the color black always have to do with evil. It's quite stereotypical when you think about it. I would personally love Darkrai to be a playable hero in SSB, but I doubt he has that much of a chance.

Count Mario said:
MnSG said:
I know. Its like how people always assume the element of darkness or the color black always have to do with evil. It's quite stereotypical when you think about it. I would personally love Darkrai to be a playable hero in SSB, but I doubt he has that much of a chance.

Well, in Pokémon, the Dark type does mean evil. The literal translation of the type's name in Japanese would be Evil. In Spanish, the type is called "Siniestro", which is a translation of "sinister". They mean it in a sense of the Pokémon being mischievous, malicious, etc. And no, Darkrai has zero chance to become playable in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Anser said:
Count Mario said:
MnSG said:

Well, in Pokémon, the Dark type does mean evil. The literal translation of the type's name in Japanese would be Evil. In Spanish, the type is called "Siniestro", which is a translation of "sinister". They mean it in a sense of the Pokémon being mischievous, malicious, etc. And no, Darkrai has zero chance to become playable in Super Smash Bros. 4.
But that's simply just the name. That does not label every Dark type Pokemon to be directly evil. It's the association that I'm talking about. Using the element of darkness does not make you directly evil, bad things and villains are just usually associated with it. And yes, I know the chances of Darkrai getting in are low, but I don't think its impossible. I just think that he doesn't have enough chances of getting instead of say, Zoroark or the return of Mewtwo or Lucario.

Bigger bosses don't have to be the only options. In fact, I'd like to see more bosses that weren't as commonly large as Brawl. It would provide more originality and skill in defeating it. Despite that, I am still fine with either Kyurem or Darkrai. I wonder how it could change forms while being a boss?

You know, the odd part of the story is that when Kyurem is compared to Ridley, Ridley is actually much bigger. However, if Ridley is treated as a playable, he'd obviously be resized to a point where Kyurem would be much taller.

Count Mario said:
Bigger bosses don't have to be the only options. In fact, I'd like to see more bosses that weren't as commonly large as Brawl. It would provide more originality and skill in defeating it. Despite that, I am still fine with either Kyurem or Darkrai. I wonder how it could change forms while being a boss?

Maybe for one thought, if Kyurem loses half of its HP, it'll begin to utilize its alternate forms.

Anyway, in terms of boss sizes, Galacta Knight is rather short in size, but can easily be made into a boss, thanks to his versatile boss moveset.

MnSG said:
You know, the odd part of the story is that when Kyurem is compared to Ridley, Ridley is actually much bigger. However, if Ridley is treated as a playable, he'd obviously be resized to a point where Kyurem would be much taller.

Count Mario said:

Maybe for one thought, if Kyurem loses half of its HP, it'll begin to utilize its alternate forms.

Anyway, in terms of boss sizes, Galacta Knight is rather short in size, but can easily be made into a boss, thanks to his versatile boss moveset.
He's actually one choice I suggested earlier.

I just thought of a funny cutscene: if Travis Touchdown is in this game there should be a cutscene where he acts like he has the hots for Zero Suit Samus

Anser said:
I think bosses should be big.

I guess for some big boss examples, there's Twinbellows, Brobot, Emperor Bulblax, and Super Dimentio to keep in mind. But not all of them need to be ridiculously big.

supermariofan said:
I just thought of a funny cutscene: if Travis Touchdown is in this game there should be a cutscene where he acts like he has the hots for Zero Suit Samus
Why?

supermariofan said:
Minuette said:
supermariofan said:
Why?
Well since Travis is a little perverted I'd figure why not
No, I mean why would he be in? What game series is he from?

Minuette said:
supermariofan said:
Minuette said:
supermariofan said:
Why?
Well since Travis is a little perverted I'd figure why not
No, I mean why would he be in? What game series is he from?
No More Heroes 1 and 2 they're both exclusively on the Wii and Suda51 the designer of those games said he's a fan of Smash Bros. and would love to see Travis in it

Back