Ghost Encounters

Mario4Ever said:
Ignoring all that crap about Satanism (about which you know nothing) and possession and other such things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, why are you proselytizing? No one's interested.
No proselytism at all. I'm just sharing my other worldly encounter which is what this thread asked. Demons are NOT a positive aspect of religion.

Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Ignoring all that crap about Satanism (about which you know nothing) and possession and other such things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, why are you proselytizing? No one's interested.
No proselytism at all. I'm just sharing my other worldly encounter which is what this thread asked. Demons are NOT a positive aspect of religion.

I asked for GHOST encounters. Something along the lines of "Oh I heard footsteps in my bedroom". "I saw a strange person sitting at the foot of my bed."

Not demon/devil-y things.

havingChortles said:
Same here, bro. I'm terrified of ghosts.
So you're terrified of ghosts, yet your absolute favorite Pokemon is a ghost of some sort. Not much is making sense here.

on-topic:
I remember my friend used to tell me these fake stories about ghosts and demons and the Devil just to mess with me and get me frightened. It's ridiculous what he said, but I was extremely gullible back then.

Marwikedor said:
FREAKSHOW YOU ARE SO CRUEL! IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE enough yelling in caps but if you or anyone else went through the stuff I went through than you'd want sympathy, not everyone yelling YOU'RE CRAZY! In fact I believe 99% of all people who go through this stuff keep it to themselves so that people won't think you're crazy. You think getting tormented by demons and evil spirits will strengthen people's faith?

WRONGO!

It doesn't make anyone's faith stronger. It WEAKENS it. You heard me right. Because people personally resent that God would allow them to do these things to them. And they lose all interest in trying to pray. And Satan's little fallen fucker angels know this and continue molesting (in the traditional sence of the word, not rape) people!

There are crazy people who are not possessed, but I believe that the RAVING lunatics in straight jackets like you may see in Arkham Asylum are. 99% of people with SEVERE mental illness are actually not crazy at all, merely given over to demons. And people like the Arizona Shooter Jared Lee Loughner from approx. one year ago, who was CLEARLY possessed (remember he had a skull shrine in his back yard and listened to Satanic heavey metal music). People who try to avoid sin at all costs and live a faithful, austere life leave themselves open to demonic attack. People also leave themselves open to demonic attack through the mortal sins they commit. So it is damned if you do, damned if you don't!!! Everybody's screwed!! And then there is the people who choose to play with a Ouija board and/or get their fortune's told. Don't think this sort of thing can't happen to anyone here at these forums. You don't have to want this stuff to come after you for it to do so. The Devil hates us all and would destroy us all if he wanted to. He is the father of all lies.

Why, in the name of Zazoom, you are insane.

Marwikedor said:
Satanic heavey metal music

The fact that you think heavy metal is satanic makes you automatically lose this debate, and retroactively makes you lose all past ones.

Let's make a thread called "Mariwikidor insane asylum".

We move all the random, irrelevant, and downright silly posts there so we don't have to deal with them anywhere else.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
The fact that you think heavy metal is satanic makes you automatically lose this debate, and retroactively makes you lose all past ones.
I know this is giving Marwikedor more credit than he deserves and assuming things that likely aren't true, but it's possible he was just referring to black metal specifically, which is generally a Satanic form of heavy metal.

I mean I doubt it, but just throwing that out there to see what bullshit he throws out as a response.

Haha, no. There's quite a bit more to it than that, mate; so try not to talk out of your ass.

My friend used to have it blaring whenever I went to his house so no, I'm not talking out my ass, so stop being an asshole.

All I could hear was a guy screaming. And the best ones were about Banana's and Pies.

hell, he even got 2 of my other friends interested in it. I didn't though, because I thought it sucked. Except for the Banana one obviously. And one about Sugar.

Devil Jin said:
My friend used to have it blaring whenever I went to his house so no, I'm not talking out my ass, so stop being an asshole.

All I could hear was a guy screaming. And the best ones were about Banana's and Pies.

hell, he even got 2 of my other friends interested in it. I didn't though, because I thought it sucked. Except for the Banana one obviously. And one about Sugar.

Your custom title is something like "Seriously, don't take me seriously."

And thanks to your post that I've quoted above, I'll never be able to.

EDIT: wait a minute

you're talking about system of a down, aren't you

they have a song that goes "banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie" and also a song called "Sugar" and they are also hilariously, absurdly awesome, so i'm afraid i'm going to have to tell you to eat a dick

also, they aren't actually heavy metal

they're an alternative metal band with armenian folk influences who have unfortunately been grouped as 'nu-metal,' which isn't heavy metal either and is instead an often-cringeworthy genre of angst music that straddles the line between being awesome and being unbearable.

Devil Jin said:

>listens to one heavy metal band
>thinks all heavy metal is exactly the same

I'm going to assume your friends listen to "nu-metal", which is not a very good example of heavy metal. It's more angsty hard rock masquerading as actual heavy metal. Do your research before generalizing and being a massive douchecanoe.

I'm not gonna research music that sounds like a guy screaming over and over stuff you can hardly understand. I don't see the talent in it.

Devil Jin said:
I'm not gonna research music that sounds like a guy screaming over and over stuff you can hardly understand. I don't see the talent in it.

so...

>hears one (not even actually metal) band and decide all metal sounds like that

>is told that not all metal sounds like that

>says that it doesn't matter, because all metal sounds like that.

... :???:

seriously, listen to Black Sabbath and tell me that it's just a guy screaming a lot.

No like, he had tons and tons of death metal music. He was over obsessed and showed me almost all of it and all I got out of it was a guy screaming.

Edit: also, when did a ghost thread turn into a death metal thread.

had no encounters but i believe in both demons and ghosts i mean seriously just watch the show The Haunted

BaseballYoshi24 said:
had no encounters but i believe in both demons and ghosts i mean seriously just watch the show The Haunted

Shows like that are incredibly biased.

Devil Jin said:
No like, he had tons and tons of death metal music. He was over obsessed and showed me almost all of it and all I got out of it was a guy screaming.

Edit: also, when did a ghost thread turn into a death metal thread.

SOAD =/= death metal =/= heavy metal

BaseballYoshi24 said:

"I know it's true- TV told me so!"

Devil Jin said:
when did a ghost thread turn into a death metal thread.

Not sure, but I like it better this way.

also, i thought you were talking about just plain metal, not death metal. Admittedly, death metal is not my cup of tea, and i get why you wouldn't enjoy it. It does take a lot of talent and effort, though, especially on drums.

As someone who doesn't listen to it, I'm not in the best position to give a sweeping opinion on the entire genre, though. Dippy can probably defend it better than I can, so I defer to him.

I don't believe in ghosts. Maybe the closest is realizing that fictional versions of them exist. I do sometimes get sound hallucinations, though.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
As someone who doesn't listen to it, I'm not in the best position to give a sweeping opinion on the entire genre, though. Dippy can probably defend it better than I can, so I defer to him.
If I must... straight from the first paragraph of Wikipedia, you'll find:
It typically employs heavily distorted guitars, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, minor keys or atonality, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.
It includes palm-muting, incredibly fast guitar riffs and drum beats, and very irregular song structures that tend to feature abrupt changes to the tempo and time signatures; playing death metal is said to be among the hardest things you can do with a guitar or drum kit. And I dare you to sing an entire four-minute song completely in death growls; you tell me that's easy. Because it's really not.

So basically, do your research before claiming an entire sub-genre takes no skill. And especially do your research before claiming an entire genre takes no skill. Do that, and people won't treat you like a dumbass.

Back