Ghost Encounters

Crocodile Dippy said:
Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
As someone who doesn't listen to it, I'm not in the best position to give a sweeping opinion on the entire genre, though. Dippy can probably defend it better than I can, so I defer to him.
If I must... straight from the first paragraph of Wikipedia, you'll find:
It typically employs heavily distorted guitars, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, minor keys or atonality, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.
It includes palm-muting, incredibly fast guitar riffs and drum beats, and very irregular song structures that tend to feature abrupt changes to the tempo and time signatures; playing death metal is said to be among the hardest things you can do with a guitar or drum kit. And I dare you to sing an entire four-minute song completely in death growls; you tell me that's easy. Because it's really not.

So basically, do your research before claiming an entire sub-genre takes no skill. And especially do your research before claiming an entire genre takes no skill. Do that, and people won't treat you like a dumbass.

I never said it takes no skill, not everybody can scream like that, but I just don't see how it's music :/ A guy screaming is literally all I get from it.

I don't see it

Is different from knowing its there.

I mean. I don't see how screaming really loud is a form of Singing. For examplr

You think you've been saying that, but considering you came out of nowhere in the middle of our insulting Marwikedor just to exclaim:
Devil Jin said:
Heavy Metal is just some guy screaming a bunch of random stuff.
it sounds so much like a cop-out. If you really want people to leave your "opinions" alone, you should stop being so pretentious, vague and pushy; people are more likely to get pissed off with generalizations and ambiguous misinformation if you're a dumbass about it.

Crocodile Dippy said:
you should stop being so pretentious
um but you say this to pretty much everyone who disagrees with you

just saying

Also how in the world did we get from "ghosts" to "demons" to "death metal"?

In a word, Mariowikedor.

Also, tbh, most of the people that disagree with Dippy are pretentious, but I guess that's just the kind of people that like to argue with him.

Anyway, I do not believe in ghosts or things like that.

Dr. Javelin said:

because, usually, they are

Dr. Javelin said:
how in the world did we get from "ghosts" to "demons" to "death metal"?

death metal > demons > ghosts

Dr. Javelin said:

just saying
And you say "just saying" to pretty much everything I say these days

just saying

in all seriousness, it's more like the pretentious gits are the only ones I ardently argue with. I wouldn't tell someone off if they weren't doing something stupid.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Dr. Javelin said:

just saying
And you say "just saying" to pretty much everything I say these days

just saying
Heh, true.

Crocodile Dippy said:
in all seriousness, it's more like the pretentious gits are the only ones I ardently argue with. I wouldn't tell someone off if they weren't doing something stupid.
Okay, that does make sense.

Back