Dreams

it sucks to dream about something you actually want to happen in real life.

it feels way too real and then bam , it's a dream.

Swiftie_Luma said:
it sucks to dream about something you actually want to happen in real life.

it feels way too real and then bam, it's a dream.
Food dreams are notorious for doing this. To me, anyway.

Not to me though. When you dream about food, you get to taste it without eating. Except if the food is not what I wanted.

Something always happens that prevents me from eating. Either the plot demands that I do something else first, or I wake up.

It's kinda fuzzy, but I had a dream where I think I was presumably either invisible or basically a ghost as some rather blurry-looking people did not notice me despite constantly trying to call out to them. Then I basically fell through the ground into a teal-ish looking area... but then I woke up when my cat jumped onto the bed.

I wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me...

I had a dream that some delinquent kids through mud or poop or something at me, so a friend of mine and I were looking for something to clean me up. Somehow we ended up inside a heavy machine during the search. The vehicle somehow got put into neutral and going downhill. I suddenly remembered I could use telekinesis and was able to stop it. Then I pointed out that if I'd remembered my powers earlier I wouldn't have been hit that messy projectile in the first place, and I felt like an idiot.

Last night I dreamed I played Five Nights at Freddy's for the first time and then after I stopped, which was only a few seconds after I started, I was paranoid in real life. Subconscious, no matter what kind of random shit you throw at me, I'm not playing FNAF.

re: people who mentioned sleep paralysis

2012 was the worst year of my life, one of the big reasons being my night terrors and the sleep paralysis that came with them

essentially every time I went to sleep, i'd have these horrific lucid nightmares and force myself awake. unfortunately, the rest of my body would still be asleep and my mind would still be in dreaming mode, meaning I'd be hallucinating while frantically looking around my room, seeing things that aren't there as I struggle to move my fingers and my arms and force myself to being fully awake.

eventually it got so bad that I just...stopped sleeping.

2012 was a good year.

For me, dreams have a way of re-opening old emotional wounds once I feel like I'm over them. Like a couple nights ago, I won't go into detail but I dreamed about a part of my life that is in the past, will never be back, and I had been doing a good job of accepting that, then the dream comes and wrecks me. I really wish I could at least stop these sorts of dreams from happening, I'd prefer an outright nightmare over them. At least with a nightmare, it's a relief to wake up. With this, it's anything but.

Ah well, I have work to do before I can sleep. And it's 11 PM now. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I've had some messed up dreams lately.
One dream started off fine. It was a cloudy day in the parking lot of where I went to middle school. I remember seeing a foe from later on 10th grade and never interacting with him. At some point, then I got to driving. I was driving a large black truck that I had never seen before for some reason, even though I don't drive yet. I remember driving down the road, which led straight to this bridgewalk downtown that I went to shortly before July. All was going good until I got sloppy. At some point, I was driving crapfully through an alleyway and messed up. I think I drove off a ramp in the alleyway then landed in a parking lot after crashing the car's back wheels then walked out into the parking lot. My dad was there and got onto me about this. I then looked and saw that the truck's back wheels were gone with some bright-red stuff dripping from the torn, jagged rim. Dad said that it was a dog. At first, I refused to believe this and thought back about the fact that I never remember hitting anything in the road. For some reason, I was wearing nothing but my swimming shorts. I then made a scene, having a yelling and crying fit. We then went inside a building in a waiting room, waiting on something. I continued to have a scene. If I'm not mistaken, I also saw a clipboard with a list where we were supposed to sign with the attached pen. I also think that I saw some other people that I went to school with in the room but didn't really interact with them. After that, I woke up and was like "Thank God that's not real."

I'll post some more later, including something less negative.

I often have dreams where someone or something is trying to kill me and everything is ice physics so escaping is harder. Such as one where I was in an open area near a building and there was a bunch of shovels laying around. A guy was trying to kill me by chucking shovels at me. Every one of them was hard to dodge because even though there was no ice, the momentum was messed up as if it were ice physics in a game. My jumps were also higher, but slower and floatier so they were also scary.

My dreams are... weird.
I have lots of recurring ones, most of which are scary. I know I've had one where people tried to torture me because I said I had a fish tank. And one where I'm trapped in a building which is invaded by frogs and toads (Not this kind :toad: :toadette:).I also have various ones where I get chased around a theme park, usually Drayton Manor by Stormforce 10, but otherwise they're non-descript. I know I got chased by Bowser in one of those. I also have some where I have days at school, one of which was so realistic I thought it had actually happened. I also have had some dreams where I have predicted my future. Otherwise they're generally weird, but nowadays a lot of Mario characters show up in my dreams. I also know that I had nightmares after using Tails to do rhythmic gymnastics in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
My dreams are weird.

Last night I had this really weird dream where I got possessed by some weird demon or something and if I made direct eye contact with another person for a couple seconds they would too. There were also exploding stoplights and a basketball I couldn't grab for some reason.

I had a dream that I was playing a TTYD-like Paper Mario game, except instead of Mario and his partners, it was me and my Yoshi FC Siph. Lemmy Koopa was in the audience and he threw a ball at Siph. It didn't do any damage because it was so bouncy.

I was on a train, watching another train through a window. Then I was on a giant stone structure in a desert with swings on it. I think I also arrested someone. My dreams rarely make sense.

This is an older dream but it amused me.

Some guy (it was never stated in the dream) made a Mega Man X fangame that basically played like the Binding of Isaac and was not serious in tone in the slightest, in spite of being very serious in game quality. The plot was basically chained off random events and I don't even think Vile was the villain.

I think the best parts were the different personalities for the main trio of protagonists for the game.
• X was basically like "we're doing this? okay" and had no whining issues. He just kinda did as he was told and didn't care about anything else or even bothering to question things.
• Axl was basically mission control and just wanted everyone to do their jobs. Still not exactly sure of what's going on though.
• Zero had a handgun and that's his personality. He doesn't care what's going on, all he wants to do is fire his pistol at enemies.

One time when I was in High School, I had a dream that seemed normal at first. I was in my bed in my room on a sunny Spring morning. However, something was off. To my right, which I couldn't see because I was laying on my left and couldn't move, I heard a voice that sounded like my Per Finance teacher. IIRC, the voice was saying something about my book. However, I somehow knew that this voice was not really my teacher, but rather a demon. I tried to call for help, but the only sound I could make was quiet, raspy breathing, so I just prayed to God. Shortly after, the demon went away and I got up then walked out into my backyard while speaking casually to my dad about what just happened. As much of a nightmare as this dream may seem to be described as, I really was not as scared as I probably would have been in real life.

For some reason, the fact that you couldn't emit noises kinda reminds me of sleep paralysis.

Man I hate those. I feel like I'm stuck inside a super broing dream when I have sleep paralysis.

I forgot to mention that it seemed like sleep paralysis. However, before I actually woke up, I did snap out of the whole paralysis thing. For some reason, after hearing stories of shadow people and other hallucinations(like some 8-foot tall man with a smile carved into his face floating towards them with a knife getting ready to stab you or some strange little girl walking towards them with extended steps), I almost wanted to experience it. I actually knew someone who talked her experiences with it but told me that I wouldn't like experiencing such. I think I also woke up one time after I simply dreamed that I couldn't move or breathe in my room early in the morning. There was no unusual imagery or anything, just me not being able to move or breathe in my dream(maybe I was just on my back with my face in the pillow). There have also been dreams where I had trouble breathing for some reason, though I just shrugged it off as something minor, only to wake up and realize that I turned over on my back and had my face in the pillow while I was asleep.

A little fuzzy sans the end portions, but I guess this is the first time this community showed up in a dream.

I dreamt I was in a mansion that contained this entire wiki's community. Everyone was there, though since I'm new here... I reasonably didn't recognize many people. There were a few I knew, but I'm a bit fuzzy on WHO they were now. Anyhow, I was just reading... of all things, the Homestar Runner Wiki, because I had supposedly unearthed a legal case involving the Mario franchise, and in the court case, a VHS tape was presented. On the VHS was a bit of an animation explaining the situation, and for some reason, Homestar Runner and Strong Bad were shown on it. Bear in mind, this was in 2000, yet they resembled how they appeared in modern toons, or at least caricatures of them. I watched a bit of it, and while I can't tell you what happened, I can tell you what popped up next.

After that, it cut to... Sonic 06. But not actual Sonic 06. It was a somehow-WORSE Sonic 06. On top of being broken as heck, the game was... on-rails? It's hard to describe it. You could leap from adjacent rails, but Sonic ran automatically. You were collecting bottlecaps of differing colors that were, supposedly, rings. 1 ring caps were yellow, 3 ring caps were green, 5 ring caps were red, and 10 ring caps were blue. ProtonJon was providing commentary on how miserable it was.

It then cut to a Deadly Rooms of Death hold of sorts, in a volcanic setting. Oddly, despite using assets from after Architect's Edition, such as mud and black doors, it seemed to be Architect's Edition. I was being provided with commentary, though by who, I can't tell, and it was about... the end of the real-world human civilization, as after a nuclear war, only hundreds of humans remained, and they were driven to despair, didn't reproduce, and drove a long-dominant species to its draw. It then oddly decided to declare this was a REVIEW of the hold, and rate it a 5/5.

Cut back to the mansion. I was looking at... an image of a book someone made? It wasn't anyone here. Anyhow, it was coated in Arial Bold 28 point font, with WAY over 500,000 characters. The entire image spanned about 786,000 pixels vertically, and only like 700 horizontally. Understandably, everyone was upset, though nobody was specified to make it, though it was certainly someone. Yet, for some odd reason, when I shrank it down to the reasonable 700x700, people got upset at me. I was mocked, ridiculed, and someone told me to retreat to my little "safe space."

I went to unplug a seemingly unremarkable air freshener, or I think it was an air freshener, it was something, but when it happened, a darkness sprawled among the floor, making me seemingly invisible to others except anybody I wished to see. I was safe there, and I felt safe there, for some reason. What's weird is that it wasn't just me feeling safe there, and I was in some other perspective. I felt physically comforted and safe. Nobody who wanted to harm me could see me, and if I wanted someone, I could bring them in. It felt like the world shrank, as if nothing really happened; the world was on pause, with me as the only one not frozen.

I stayed there until I woke up, and it was 4AM... I couldn't be bothered to fall asleep again, so I just stayed up.

So Saturday night I experienced something that I thought only happened in the realm of fiction: I woke up screaming. Granted, it wasn't a long scream like on TV, but just a short yelp. But it did last into the waking world. I know this because I heard it echoing through the room after I woke up.

Anyway, with that preface, you're probably wondering what I was dreaming about to warrant such a violent awakening. Nothing too terrible. I was just in my house and wanted to go upstairs. I turned the corner, and my brother was there, running down the stairs at full speed. The inevitable collision was what made me flinch and cry out. It wasn't scary, just startling.

In March this year, I had a dream where Master Hand was chasing Ian from Smosh around town because he liked his bowl haircut.

Then after that, dozens of kids came out of nowhere. Some of them were hanging out with a childhood friend of mine, and I wondered if they were actually Master Hand's minions in disguise.

This one is...somewhat old, and I don't remember too much about it, but, it was one of the weirdest dreams I've had.

I was in my house (as I always do), and suddenly everything turned white (remember that blank, white room in SM64DS? Well, just like it), then I saw a guy selling some fruit (selling fruit to nobody). I was hungry, so I decided to buy some fruit. Once I swallowed the first chunk of fruit, I woke up from the dream, but I was still in the dream. I saw a Nintendo Switch floating around, and for curiosity, I decided to play with it. It resulted that it had every game I own, including some new ones. I was playing Odyssey (WHY DID I WAKE UP FROM THAT DREAM, STUPID ME), then, uh, the Switch sucked me up and now I really woke up from that dream. That's all I remember, but I'm sure it was weirder than this. #weirdream

Back