Dreams

Crackin355 said:
This may sound like the stupidest dream, but I was falling off a cliff, and I could feel the air rushing past me then i woke up because of the shock. It actually felt like I was falling when i woke up.

I have same as that but falling off rollercoaster, I wish that I can still dream when I landed on floor, I hate "shock"

Since this is a thread about dreams, did you guys know that if you wake up from a dream then try to go back to sleep without moving from whatever position in which you find yourself (since that is the position you were in when you had the dream), it is possible to briefly continue that dream?

Mario4Ever said:
Since this is a thread about dreams, did you guys know that if you wake up from a dream then try to go back to sleep without moving from whatever position in which you find yourself (since that is the position you were in when you had the dream), it is possible to briefly continue that dream?

Wow, that's interesting.

Mario4Ever said:

So thats how it works. Thats really cool. Sometimes I manage to continue a dream after waking up for a moment.

Mario4Ever said:

I think that's happened to me a couple of times because I do remember waking up, but I remember waking up after waking up.

King DDD said:
I have a question, can you hear in dreams?

If you mean to ask if one can hear external stimuli while dreaming, the answer is yes (though it often gets incorporated into the dream).

I can't really remember the dream, but I remember the end.

I was standing in a room and I heard a speaker yelling out my name and telling me to get up. I was confused, then I woke up to being shaken and it was my mum telling me to get ready for school

Mario4Ever said:
Yes, it happens to me all the time.

King DDD said:
I would say so. My sister once woke up, because she was having a dream about Pokemon, when I was watching it with the volume way up in the next room.

King DDD said:

You should be able to hear your dreams because your mind can produce sounds in the dream, but you won't be able to hear external stimuli since you're deaf.

You sure?

I know with blindness people who could see at one point in their lives but then went blind can see in their dreams, but people who were blind from birth can't.

Hmm, that's an interesting topic. I am pretty sure he should be able to hear in his dreams though, because his mind can produce sound in the dream; he just can't hear external sounds that incorporate themselves into the dream.

There are 2 memorable dreams I had when I was young. (These lead to the reason that when I was young I hated both Cheetahs and Killer Whales)

1. I was looking out the front window of my house when a giant floating Killer Whale came breaking through the windows, walls, and about every thing else in its path.
2. The next one was where I was at my grandparents house and the rest of my family was for some reason doing something "illegal". They were pretending to be about to cross the street when they stopped. Then a bunch of police came over and started arresting them. And a (don't laugh) police cheetah came and started running for the door. I was trying to close it when it bit my hand and I really felt it. Then when I woke up my dog was licking my hand.

YoshiMonsta said:
(don't laugh)

*laughs*

To stay on topic, I had an awesome dream that I was playing Mario Kart 7, but then my dad woke me up -.- It's extremely hard to continue an inturputted dream, though I tryed.

Nega-Man said:
I am pretty sure he should be able to hear in his dreams though,

No.

Nega-Man said:
because his mind can produce sound

No.

The brains of people who were born deaf or who have been deaf for a long time reorganize themselves to put the sound processing areas of the brain to a different use.

Not to go Baby Time on you all, but I'm really worried about my 11 year old cousin. He doesn't really have the best living conditions, not going into details, but his mother keeps picking up men that he doesn't like. So, he usually stays up at our house on the weekends, and he's always twisting and turning in his sleep, sleep walking, waking up because he was having a terrible nightmare, etc.

I know I do have sleeping probs, but I know I don't have them this bad. Does anyone know if he'll outgrow it our anything? Or any advice etc

As long as he is in that environment, the behavior is likely to persist. Perhaps some counseling involving him and his mother would help him cope with the issues he has, provided, of course, he's talked to her about this and it hasn't worked.

BUMPED.

I am only going to describe the interesting part of this dream, because the rest is about me looking for my contacts.

I was at Walmart, and in my dream, they had a new option to where you could get an aisle for yourself to show off everything you liked. Well, I found Smasher's aisle. There were some stuffed ponies. I picked up an Applejack one and it exploded. Then, (I promise I'm not making this up), Ralphfan, the manager, kicked us out.

Back