Abortion: Your Stand

Is abortion the killing of another life?

• Total voters
I'm quite undecided on this. While a fetus is a human life, if the baby is born and unwanted, then it might have a pretty crappy life ahead. Also, if the baby would be born with a disability, or a defect, that would give them suffering and pain, then maybe abortion could seem the humane thing to do.

Oh, GOD PLEASE NOT THIS TOPIC! I'll just make it simple: No in all circumstances, including and especially to save a woman's life, for I feel a true mother would die so her child could be BORN. That is, die rather than murder her own baby. That's it, you have my position, I'm not posting in this toxic thread anymore, I'm moving on.

PS I have a major problem with people who claim to be pro-life but make provisions for things like rape and incest. Then in that case they are not anti-abortion, merely pro-abortion but only under certain circumstances. Anyone who is pro-abortion is sick, very very sick, and they need help.

Also, let me say this. I have one more thing to say about abortion: If a mom doesn't want to keep the baby, then she can give it up for adoption. Because those "bundle of cells" and "fetus" you guys are all referring it to is GOING to be a human being one day.
I don't care if you guys say: Oh it's not a human yet....Uh technically it is, because it forms into one.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Also, let me say this. I have one more thing to say about abortion: If a mom doesn't want to keep the baby, then she can give it up for adoption. Because those "bundle of cells" and "fetus" you guys are all referring it to is GOING to be a human being one day.
I don't care if you guys say: Oh it's not a human yet....Uh technically it is, because it forms into one.

The hamburger and milkshake you get at McDonald's a day before you conceive will be what makes up the cells of that baby. Is that a human, too? It forms into one eventually, so by your standards lunch technically is a human.

Hypnotoad said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:

The hamburger and milkshake you get at McDonald's a day before you conceive will be what makes up the cells of that baby. Is that a human, too? It forms into one eventually, so by your standards lunch technically is a human.
What do you have against me, Hypnotoad? I have never done anything to you.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Hypnotoad said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:

Don't we all love a good, old-fashioned Straw Man fallacy?

Lord Ghirahim said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Hypnotoad said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:

What does that mean?

Hypnotoad said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:

i'm confused, since when is food human

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Hypnotoad said:
Mrs. Hedlund said:

What does that mean?
It means that twisting Hynotoad's argument into "having something against you" does nothing to refute his argument and was just misleading the argument away from its previous line of reasoning; that's never fun.

@Lord G--He was upset with me for other reasons in this thread, that's why I said he has something against me. Ok, I am done arguing, this is stupid and pointless...

Mrs. Hedlund said:
@Lord G--He was upset with me for other reasons in this thread, that's why I said he has something against me. Ok, I am done arguing, this is stupid and pointless...

I don't think I was upset with you, nor did I say I was. You seem to be the one upset with me for some reason that's beyond me arguing your points in a topic that's centered around debate. I should be arguing your points in this topic--it's not my fault that you're taking it too much to heart. Instead of being all "waah waah What do you have against me, Hypnotoad? I have never done anything to you." YET AGAIN, perhaps you can attempt to refute my argument, as this is a debate topic. If you are unable to do so, that means your point is not as strong as you'd like to believe, which is a fault with yourself, not something to pin on me.

Regardless of what cells make up the human, and I don't know if the burger & milkshake cells do (but I'm not going to pretend to know anything about biology), it is still undoubtedly alive and it is still undoubtedly of the human species. By definition a child is a human under the age of majority, so yes, it would be considered a child.

As for innocent, I don't think the child is sentient as of yet so it cannot be held accountable for its actions - if its actions even have an effect on the bigger picture at all.

For the pure purpose of trolling, milkshakes and burgers dont have cells, they have atoms, which are used to make up the cells of the baby. :3 :posh:

Also, sentience is a whole 'nother can of worms, I'm not even going to bother touching.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I would argue that he is better than everyone on this forum for various reasons that are not particularly relevant to the discussion at hand, but he's at least better than you right now because he's not an overemotional, uninformed, noncontributing bimbo like you are.

Seriously, NQ. Just stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

Sir, I salute you.

Marwikedor said:
sick, very very sick, and need help.

Hey, what do you know, that's you!

Mrs. Hedlund said:

We should be eating cows raw then, because they will eventually be burgers.

Brock said:
For the pure purpose of trolling, milkshakes and burgers dont have cells, they have atoms, which are used to make up the cells of the baby. :3 :posh:
Well the burger is still muscle tissue and is made of dead cells.

Let's take partial-birth abortion for example. Baby Mario is aborted at 8 months old, but the minute the stork rips him out a month later, if Mama Mario commits infanticide by setting him outside in a basket overnight in a cold winters night, she gets the electric chair. So Baby Mario can be murdered 8 months into development and it's perfectly fine, but a few weeks later, kill him, and it's the electric chair? There is no debating something is fucked up about this. I am sick and tired of people disagreeing on hot button issues like abortion. I would like to see diversity of opinion ended, and uniformity of opinion imposed.

Marwikedor said:
Let's take partial-birth abortion for example. Baby Mario is aborted at 8 months old, but the minute the stork rips him out a month later, if Mama Mario commits infanticide by setting him outside in a basket overnight in a cold winters night, she gets the electric chair. So Baby Mario can be murdered 8 months into development and it's perfectly fine, but a few weeks later, kill him, and it's the electric chair? There is no debating something is *bleep*ed up about this. I am sick and tired of people disagreeing on hot button issues like abortion. I would like to see diversity of opinion ended, and uniformity of opinion imposed.

Besides your post being disturbingly fascist (I'll touch on that in a moment), I'd like to point out several things wrong with this:

1. I don't think anyone supports aborting a nearly fully developed fetus. Most abortions occur when the fetus has barely developed at all.

2. Storks don't deliver babies, you idiot, and I'm having a difficult time fathoming how disturbing it would be to get a glimpse inside your head, where Baby Mario and abortion apparently go hand in hand.

3. And here's where we get into creepy fascist territory. You're sick and tired of people having opinions that differ from yours? Isn't free speech what America was founded on? :/

4. The more you talk the harder I find it to believe you're really 19.

This is my stand on exceptions for abortion: (example) if the baby will be born homozygous achondroplasiac (achondroplasia is the most common version of dwarfism, ex. Wee-Man from Jackass) then it is best to take the baby out of there misery since there genes already determined they will die a few hours after they are born, period. This rule can apply to other sex-linked/genetic diseases but on a strict order. (So you can't abort a baby if they're going to have mental issues.)

P.S.: If you don't understand a thing I just said then ask and I will explain more on it.

I really want to reply to this one because of how juicy it is for me.

Sharks Territory said:
I feel that abortion is sort of killing, but how can something be killed if it wasn't born?

I also feel that abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and incest, as well as if it's guaranteed that the fetus has some sort of medical condition that will cause it to die within ten years (note how I said guaranteed. I seriously mean 100% guaranteed, not "probably".)
A baby doesn't necessarily have to be born to be killed; when a baby is being pushed out, it doesn't all of a sudden defibulates to life, no, it's already alive, living inside of the mother for months already, how do I know, simply because it shows all the signs of life which means it is alive.
  • It's made out of units called cells.
  • It can reproduce.
  • It is based on a universal genetic code. (In this case, half of the mother's and half of the father's)
  • It can grow and develop.
  • It can obtain and use materials and energy.
  • It can respond to its environment.
  • It can maintain a stable internal environment.
  • It can change over time

When it comes to rape cases, I'm highly unsure about that, but my assembled thoughts on that is usually like you said, the morning-after pill, or just giving the baby up for adoption, I really don't understand why the woman doesn't want to bring the rapist's child into the world, it's not like the baby is going to grow up to be a murderer or rapist or anything like that.

Like I mentioned earlier, over 90% of abortions are done to plainly get rid of a baby, not because of rape, incest, mother's health issues, or genetic diseases that will kill the baby, it's plainly done on the stupidity of the woman who doesn't want to be committed or wants to continue there unsafe life style (this is majorly the biggest cause of unwanted pregnancies).

I also think it's a bit too broad to title if the baby have any genetic disease (medical condition is the offensive and incorrect term) that causes death within 10 years then it can be aborted, I don't think that is right. I believe it should be more of a special way with details for each genetic disease.

I also disagree that babies should be aborted if they're the result of incest. Those siblings or close relatives made that stupid decision to have unprotected sexual intercourse. In particular, incest doesn't cause genetic diseases that will lead to death, it only causes retardation, and retardation is never a good reason why to abort a baby.

Like I mentioned, instead of aborting a baby, just transfer it to another woman who wants to have a baby who is also genetically related to.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
I don't think anyone supports aborting a nearly fully developed fetus. Most abortions occur when the fetus has barely developed at all.
Wrong, an abortion happens when the fetus is somewhere between 2-4 months old. When the sperm comes in contact with the egg cell it begins to go mitosis (the process of one cell splitting into two daughter cells) like crazy; removing that is way too expensive and impossible since some will be left behind which will then continue the process like nothing has happened. By the time the fetus reaches 1 month it already resembles a human baby and it is a living organism, it does have life, it is alive.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
Marwikedor said:
Let's take partial-birth abortion for example. Baby Mario is aborted at 8 months old, but the minute the stork rips him out a month later, if Mama Mario commits infanticide by setting him outside in a basket overnight in a cold winters night, she gets the electric chair. So Baby Mario can be murdered 8 months into development and it's perfectly fine, but a few weeks later, kill him, and it's the electric chair? There is no debating something is *bleep*ed up about this. I am sick and tired of people disagreeing on hot button issues like abortion. I would like to see diversity of opinion ended, and uniformity of opinion imposed.

Besides your post being disturbingly fascist (I'll touch on that in a moment), I'd like to point out several things wrong with this:

1. I don't think anyone supports aborting a nearly fully developed fetus. Most abortions occur when the fetus has barely developed at all.

2. Storks don't deliver babies, you idiot, and I'm having a difficult time fathoming how disturbing it would be to get a glimpse inside your head, where Baby Mario and abortion apparently go hand in hand.

3. And here's where we get into creepy fascist territory. You're sick and tired of people having opinions that differ from yours? Isn't free speech what America was founded on? :/

4. The more you talk the harder I find it to believe you're really 19.
Fascist? Varying opinions on murder in the womb is waaaaay different from varying opinions on, say, how to manage the economy. Any woman who gets an abortion, as well as the doctor who performs it, should suffer the same fate as if someone were to kill one of us. You can't walk up to a man who was concieved by rape and say to him hey I should have the right to kill you now. From the moment of conception, he should have the same protection as he would have after he is born. And incest babies don't always turn out retarded. People say if you are against abortion, you don't care about women. But what about unborn women I'd like to save? My future wife could be in utereo right now! And here this, women: You do not have the right to an abortion because your body does not belong to you. It belongs to the Holy Living God.

I used to be obsessively pro-life, I still don't like abortion, but I'm not as obsessive about it as I once was because the majority of the world is in favor of it (weather it is right or wrong is not a popular vote, btw) and I got my own problems to worry about. But sometimes all it takes to stop the massacres is the will of one man. I doubt that it is I.

I watched a video on it. A lady worked at a place that said abortion while the baby was early is fine. their enemies who said pregnancy was good were across the road. They were mildly friendly to each other but both were sort of distant. Eventually when the lady had to see the baby and said that it was okay since it wasnt old enough to move, she watched he scan thing and it moved. she'd been lied to about the age babies gain a conciousness and could feel pain. she then turned over a new leaf. So yes, I think abortion is Bad. it is essentially killing, since there is life in that belly.

Directing the conversation away from Marwikedor's fascism and hopefully averting the monstrous shitfest that may ensue:

So, if you count the fetus as being alive, how old would an aborted fetus be at the time of death? We don't count birth at the time of conception. We count it from when the baby leaves the mother's body.

Please notice I didn't say anything about whether it was right or wrong. Just an interesting perspective.

I was also wondering if you guys considered any action that disposes of sperm cells (you know what I mean) to be abortion.

Back