Abortion: Your Stand

Is abortion the killing of another life?

• Total voters
Mario4Ever said:
I'm pretty sure that no amount of therapy is going to convince a woman who is raped that there is a "bright side" to it.
There is therapy, treatment, and coping tactics/strategies for rape victims. I'm talking about the bright side of having a baby, it's a baby, your child, that's the bright side. (additionally, therapy may open more positive things on having a baby despite on how it's obtained)

For the twelve year old question, the above mostly answers that. But twelve year old pregnant girls usually don't have enough space for the baby to develop which can lead to mother's health issues and underdeveloped babies, but a simple fetus transplant can be made if she wants to give away or keep the child, no abortion needed.

Crackin355 said:
I thought there was some kind of thing that made it so you can't get pregnant at a young age, but once puberty starts you can. It was something like that, can't remember where I heard it. I'm probably wrong but I'm just saying it just in case.
Some girls can become fertile as early and young as twelve years.

Gino Weinberg said:
Crackin355 said:
I thought there was some kind of thing that made it so you can't get pregnant at a young age, but once puberty starts you can. It was something like that, can't remember where I heard it. I'm probably wrong but I'm just saying it just in case.
Some girls can become fertile as early and young as twelve years.

That was probably what I was trying to remember.

Gino Weinberg said:
There is therapy, treatment, and coping tactics/strategies for rape victims. I'm talking about the bright side of having a baby, it's a baby, your child, that's the bright side. (additionally, therapy may open more positive things on having a baby despite on how it's obtained)

Well, I wouldn't want my father or, if I was a woman, the father of my baby to be a rapist.

I can't wait for Marwikidor to show up and explain how it's okay because twelve year old girls are the spawn of Satan and all true Christians should encourage pregnancy in them.

My opinion on Abortion:
It's just dang wrong. I can't believe that people are killing little unborn babies. If they were born, maybe, just maybe, they can do something extraordinary to the world to make it a better place. And even if the baby was not planned and maybe unwanted, just put him in an adoption center. Seriously it's wrong and bad and I have no idea why it's legal.

Master Koopakid said:
My opinion on Abortion:
It's just dang wrong. I can't believe that people are killing little unborn babies. If they were born, maybe, just maybe, they can do something extraordinary to the world to make it a better place. And even if the baby was not planned and maybe unwanted, just put him in an adoption center. Seriously it's wrong and bad and I have no idea why it's legal.

Because there's no real evidence that the fetuses are actually human in any way, or that they have thoughts, or that they are anything but a mass of cells that would eventually become a baby. I really hate people that form their opinion on this very morally ambiguous subject instantly, without considering the other side, without considering that there may be another side, and deluding themselves into believing it's a moral absolute.

Mario4Ever said:
Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
Oh. I take it he's banned?

Yep.

Good riddance.

Herr Shyguy said:
I dunno man I don't think I'd have the endurance for that.

Well, who knows, if we start now, it could become an evolved trait after a few generations.

Mrs. Hedlund said:
Herr Shyguy said:
I dunno man I don't think I'd have the endurance for that.

Oh never mind, I don't want to get in trouble with what I was about to say. Too inappropriate.

Push the boundaries. Fight the power!

carcinoGeneticist said:
Master Koopakid said:
If they were born, maybe, just maybe, they can do something extraordinary to the world to make it a better place.
why do people keep using this argument.

don't you think a few potential hitlers have been aborted at some point too ?? what the fetus might do as an adult is completely irrelevant because you can't predict it. by this logic we should all just *bleep* constantly and pray that somewhere among the results will be a kid that figures out cold fusion.
There has been babies who grew up to be extraordinary people but at one point were considered to be aborted like Albert Einstein and Winston Churchill. Then yet again 22 does have a good reason why this is a pretty weak and never a good argument, there is an opposing side to this claim which that this argument seems to be oblivious or arrogant to the opposing side.

Here's one stand I have against abortion: retardation (either by incest or genetic disease) is never a good reason why a baby should be aborted.

I believe that the zygote in the fallopian tubes are not yet living (because I'm not sure if they can obtain and use energy or materials), but once it attaches itself onto the inner wall of the uterus and performs the first mitosis then it is technically a living organism.

These are my stands so far:

Reasons to Abort
Retardation (incest or genetic disease): No
homozygous achondroplasia: Yes
heterozygous achondroplasia: No

Well, if it's a condition that will guarantee early death for the baby, I feel abortion would be necessary.

Abortion because the baby's retarded... I dunno.

On the one hand, the baby will be barely-self-aware and won't really be able to achieve that much and maybe it'd be kind of a mercy-kill.

But on the other hand, it seems rather disturbingly social-Darwinist to abort solely because the baby isn't going to be very smart. I don't know what retarded people's lives are actually like, nor how pleasant/unpleasant it is to actually be one. Maybe it's great, going through life with the mind of a child without any cares. Maybe it's horrible, desperately trying to understand what's wrong with you. I don't know.

I don't mean that babies with a condition like Down syndrome should be aborted. I don't mean that at all.

If there's a condition that's going to kill the baby within ten years (and there's absolutely no chance of survival), I feel abortion would be the best choice.

Sharks Territory said:
I don't mean that babies with a condition like Down syndrome should be aborted. I don't mean that at all.

If there's a condition that's going to kill the baby within ten years (and there's absolutely no chance of survival), I feel abortion would be the best choice.

Right. Agreed.

Ornithologist Mario said:
...abstinence from sexual intercourse is much, much tougher than it looks. It's not because they made a poor decision.
What you're basically saying is that it's not their fault. When it entirely is.

Also I'm just going to pop in here and say that I'm more or less pro life, if you don't want the baby then put it up for adoption. Or something like that.

I take my leave.

carcinoGeneticist said:
Dr. Javelin said:
if you don't want the baby then put it up for adoption. Or something like that.

this is also a bullshit argument because adoption agencies are not an infinite wellspring of parents. the demand for adopted children is already less than the supply

Here's an idea; just off the top of my head, but let's run this up a flagpole: If you don't want the kid or can't take care of it, don't have the sex or get on the pill.

Obviously for rape cases, etc. it's a different story, but we all know that is NOT the dominant reason for not wanting a child.

schmutz said:
carcinoGeneticist said:
Dr. Javelin said:
if you don't want the baby then put it up for adoption. Or something like that.

this is also a bullshit argument because adoption agencies are not an infinite wellspring of parents. the demand for adopted children is already less than the supply

Here's an idea; just off the top of my head, but let's run this up a flagpole: If you don't want the kid or can't take care of it, don't have the sex or get on the pill.

Obviously for rape cases, etc. it's a different story, but we all know that is NOT the dominant reason for not wanting a child.

>>implying having children is the primary motivation behind having sex or that the possibility of having children enters the minds of the parties involved

Back