Abortion: Your Stand

Is abortion the killing of another life?

• Total voters
carcinoGeneticist said:
i'm veyr conflicted over this topic because on the one hand i hate babies and want them all to die, but on the other hand i wouldn't want women to have rights or anything

well ok then.

I am against abortion. That is all. Don't feel like getting into details at the moment.

Baby Luigi said:
If he's serious, about the women's rights thing, then I lost credibility in him.

don't forget that you are also a baby, so i DOUBLE hate you.

carcinoGeneticist said:
Baby Luigi said:
If he's serious, about the women's rights thing, then I lost credibility in him.

don't forget that you are also a baby, so i DOUBLE hate you.

And? ...What does any of that have to do with abortion?

You realize that you were once a baby too, right? If babies were to die, then humans would be extinct since there'd be no one to grow up into kids, teenagers, and adults.

Good job being sexist and ageist.

@MG1: You have the right to your opinion, but I'll just say that I don't hold fetuses in the same regard you do, and that I don't believe in moral absolutes, but I do have a question.

Does your assessment of abortion as fundamentally wrong extend to all forms of life (in particular tapeworms, leeches, and insects, since they're most often killed by human hands) or just the taking of what you consider to be human life? Please explain your rationale.

seven minutes twenty-eight seconds!

congratulations superjeff64 you are the winner.

Kick Buttowski said:
You realize that you were once a baby too, right? If babies were to die, then humans would be extinct since there'd be no one to grow up into kids, teenagers, and adults.

Good job being sexist and ageist.
How does this have to do with abortion D:<

EDIT: No 22 i was the winner :(

You do realize that 22's post was filled with sarcasm...right?

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Brock said:

Let's see, we're not in Mindless Junk, and I don't see any usage of the strikethrough feature.

@Mario4Ever: Were you talking to me, or MG1?

no mg1, i see through your fake gullibility. you can't win by being a liar. superjeff64 is the TRUE winner

Kick Buttowski said:
Brock said:

Let's see, we're not in Mindless Junk, and I don't see any usage of the strikethrough feature.

Sarcasm isn't allowed outside of Mindless Junk? Then I've been doing it wrong...

EDIT: No 22 im really gullible i havent learned not to trust yet

Kick Buttowski said:
Brock said:

You're...uh, you're being sarcastic right? Please?

If not..
doublefacepalm.jpg

Kick Buttowski said:
Brock said:

carcinoGeneticist said:
i'm veyr conflicted over this topic because on the one hand i hate babies and want them all to die, but on the other hand i wouldn't want women to have rights or anything

the only post in this thread worth reading

Kind of difficult to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the internet considering you can't hear their tone of voice. >:|

Just because it's obvious to you, that doesn't mean it's obvious to everyone on the planet.

Kick Buttowski said:
Kind of difficult to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the internet considering you can't hear their tone of voice. >:|

Just because it's obvious to you, that doesn't mean it's obvious to everyone on the planet.

And besides, again, I thought this was a SERIOUS conversation.

Mario4Ever said:
@MG1: You have the right to your opinion, but I'll just say that I don't hold fetuses in the same regard you do, and that I don't believe in moral absolutes, but I do have a question.

Does your assessment of abortion as fundamentally wrong extend to all forms of life (in particular tapeworms, leeches, and insects, since they're most often killed by human hands) or just the taking of what you consider to be human life? Please explain your rationale.
So you don't believe that humans are humans until they are moved 10-20 inches out of a woman's body? They are some other species that somehow mutates and changes its genetic code into that of a human being at birth? Does being born constitute some sort of ritual "humanization"? I believe that anything of the human species is human, regardless of its stage of life.

And no, my respect of life lies only with human beings as were are so much superior than all those other living things.

Kick Buttowski said:

It's really not that hard, but okay, point valid.

Marioguy1 said:
And no, my respect of life lies only with human beings as were are so much superior than all those other living things.

Other than the intelligence, we are not so much different than the other animals.

Baby Luigi said:
Marioguy1 said:

Other than the intelligence, we are not so much different than the other animals.

In some aspects animals are superior to humans. For example, some carnivorous animals like wolves, can eat raw meat. If humans ate raw meat, they'd get sick.

Dang, my topics usually take forever to get one or two posts and dies right there. I was just gone for an hour and all of a sudden there are five pages.

Anyways, I remember this one shocking study that shows that over 90% of all abortions are by women who weren't raped/forced to be impregnated, and just want to get rid of a healthy baby for rather dumb reasons.

For me, there are better options than just killing a developing baby (I'm against abortions, but I'm also against forcing a woman to harbor a baby she doesn't want for mostly stupid reasons), one is just transplanting a fetus from one woman to another. As obvious as I stated in the first post, I'm against abortions because at the technical level, abortion is killing a baby because it shows all the signs of a living organism and to top it off, it's a member of a superior sentient species.

Marioguy1 said:

IMO, man is just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than others.

Anyway, check this out, particularly the top row.

Kick Buttowski said:
Baby Luigi said:
Marioguy1 said:

In some aspects animals are superior to humans. For example, some carnivorous animals like wolves, can eat raw meat. If humans ate raw meat, they'd get sick.

This is a myth, but okay.

Kick Buttowski said:
Baby Luigi said:
Marioguy1 said:

That's an adaptation to a specific ecosystem. Stick humans out in the wild for generations and soon enough we'll be able to eat raw meat. Superiority is all dependent on the habitat. Stick a wolf in the city and see how long it lasts. Please take some basic biology and ecology courses before trying to sound like Dr. Scientist.

Mario4Ever said:
Marioguy1 said:

IMO, man is just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than others.

Anyway, check this out, particularly the top row.
Now I understand where your opinion is coming from. If you think humans are just other animals, then it has obviously desensitized you to issues such as this.

Back