Abortion: Your Stand

Is abortion the killing of another life?

• Total voters
Marioguy1 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Tell that to the woman who gets an ectopic pregnancy.
Ummm...I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I said...

The woman's not going to care about the ethical implications of abortion (e.g. "murdering innocent children") if allowing the pregnancy to continue endangers both the fetus's life and hers.

Marioguy1 said:
I love how we're having a discussion about whether or not it's OK to murder innocent children. Try to look at it from any other point of view - "they will just be problems", "they weren't wanted anyways", "they were born" - it's still murdering innocent children because of the stupidity of their parent(s).

I love how we are discussing a hugely controversial topic on a board about mario where the average age is about 14-15 (I'm being optimistic here.)

No really, I love it. (/sarcasm)

Ornithologist Mario said:
Marioguy1 said:
I love how we're having a discussion about whether or not it's OK to murder innocent children. Try to look at it from any other point of view - "they will just be problems", "they weren't wanted anyways", "they were born" - it's still murdering innocent children because of the stupidity of their parent(s).

Reasons for abortion is more complicated than that.
You didn't want a child or it is complicated for you?, someone said this before and I'm restating it. Have it be born, and leave it in an orphanage. Either you would have troubles with the responsabilities or you don't want to, it solves it.

Brock said:
I love how we are discussing a hugely controversial topic on a board about mario where the average age is about 14-15 (I'm being optimistic here.)

That's why we have child boards.

I'm pro-choice and LGM pretty much summed up my ideas.

Brock said:

I'm tempted to put that in my sig.

Mario4Ever said:
Brock said:

I'm a forum newb, would you explain this to me? (not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand better. Are underage users blocked or something?)

Brock said:
Mario4Ever said:
Brock said:

I'm a forum newb, would you explain this to me? (not trying to be a *bleep*, just trying to understand better. Are underage users blocked or something?)

You don't know what a child board is? Well, I can't explain what a child board is, but I can give you an example. The Super Smash Bros. Mindless Junk, and Mafia boards are child boards of The Marioverse, Off-Subject Discussion, and Forum Games respectivley.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Marioguy1 said:

Reasons for abortion is more complicated than that.
1) Really? Could you explain further?
2) Those reasons still count as "any other point of view"

Mario4Ever said:
Marioguy1 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Tell that to the woman who gets an ectopic pregnancy.
Ummm...I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I said...

The woman's not going to care about the ethical implications of abortion (e.g. "murdering innocent children") if allowing the pregnancy to continue endangers both the fetus's life and hers.
I never said the woman cared. I think the abortion rate in most first-world countries is a pretty clear sign that most women don't care. But that doesn't change the fact.

Also, if you have the time, I'd recommend The Unaborted Socrates by Peter Kreeft.

If you look at the main page of the forum, you'll notice that boards are divided into four main categories: Central Boards, Other Games, Forum Community, and Archive. These are separated further based on thread content, and some of these have child boards, off-shoots of a given category that are frequented by younger members of the userbase (e.g. This is in Off-subject Discussion, and its child board is Mindless Junk). Things like this cannot be posted in a child board AFAIK. In most cases, threads like this will be ignored by people who want nothing to do with them.

Abortion is fine if it's done immediately. But when the fetus starts developing into, well, a baby, it's immoral.

That's my stance.

Unfortunately, instead of looking at this reasonably, a lot of conservatives seem to want to ban abortion mostly so they'll have something to threaten teenage girls with to stop them from having sex.

Kick Buttowski said:
Brock said:
Mario4Ever said:
Brock said:

I'm a forum newb, would you explain this to me? (not trying to be a *bleep*, just trying to understand better. Are underage users blocked or something?)

You don't know what a child board is? Well, I can't explain what a child board is, but I can give you an example. The Super Smash Bros. Mindless Junk, and Mafia boards are child boards of The Marioverse, Off-Subject Discussion, and Forum Games respectivley.

Uh, okay. Sure, I dont know what a child board is, lets go with that. (/s) I was asking if there was something I didnt know, that led mario4ever to make his comment, implying that because we were in a child board, that meant that it was okay to talk about extremely controversial subjects not appropriate for a forum about mario where the average age is about 14-15.

The answer I received, was no, there is nothing blocking the younger uses from viewing child boards or this thread.

My intent is not to be Mr No Fun. But I dont understand what purpose this thread serves in a forum about mario, with such a young user base.

Marioguy1 said:
I never said the woman cared. I think the abortion rate in most first-world countries is a pretty clear sign that most women don't care. But that doesn't change the fact.

Well, with "innocence" being subjective and a fetus's status as a child being debatable for much of the pregnancy, I don't know what fact you're referring to.

Mario4Ever said:
Marioguy1 said:

Well, with "innocence" being subjective and a fetus's status as a child being debatable for much of the pregnancy, I don't know what fact you're referring to.
Wait, wait, when did "innocence" become subjective? Are you implying that it's the child's fault the woman had an improper pregnancy?

Marioguy1 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Marioguy1 said:

Wait, wait, when did "innocence" become subjective? Are you implying that it's the child's fault the woman had an improper pregnancy?

let me guess you want to charge women who have abortions with murder or something stupid like that

this is not worth wading into

i'm out. peace.

When I say innocence is subjective, I'm not trying to blame the fetus for anything, since its existence is out of its control; I was merely pointing out that the definition of the word varies from person to person.

It's also not the woman's fault if the pregnancy goes awry (provided there are no external factors in play such as drug abuse).

Mario4Ever said:
When I say innocence is subjective, I'm not trying to blame the fetus for anything, since its existence is out of its control; I was merely pointing out that the definition of the word varies from person to person.

It's also not the woman's fault if the pregnancy goes awry (provided there are no external factors in play such as drug abuse).
I'm not blaming the woman. I'm just pointing out that when you look at the core factors of abortion, it is the same as murdering innocent children.

I realize there are other factors that bring its necessity around, but it is still fundamentally wrong.

i'm veyr conflicted over this topic because on the one hand i hate babies and want them all to die, but on the other hand i wouldn't want women to have rights or anything

carcinoGeneticist said:
i'm veyr conflicted over this topic because on the one hand i hate babies and want them all to die, but on the other hand i wouldn't want women to have rights or anything

You do realize this is a serious topic?

carcinoGeneticist said:
This is so unbelievably wrong I just can't explain. You are a horrible person 22 D:<

Baby Luigi said:
carcinoGeneticist said:

You do realize this is a serious topic?

You do realize that was a serious post...right?

If he's serious, about the women's rights thing, then I lost credibility in him.

Back