Mario Kart Wii U Course list and Character prediction Thread

But some of the MKW stages are boring

Nintendo uses DLC now. Their not using it in the past greatly limited how much they could put in the game, now they are using it a lot more can be done with Mario Kart U. They should just go ahead and make every track from every Mario Kart game purchasable through DLC. Still have the regular set-up with 8 cups with 4 tracks each, 4 cups all new tracks and the other 4 retro tracks, already on the game when you buy it, but over a period of time make every track in the series available through DLC.

Here would be my choices for the retro cups:

Shell
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Daisy Hills
GCN Dry Dry Desert

Banana
N64 Royal Raceway
GBA Cheese Land
3DS Melody Motorway
Wii Wario's Gold Mine

Leaf
N64 Toad's Turnpike
GBA Sunset Wilds
DS Tick Tock Clock
Wii Grumble Volcano

Lightning
N64 Yoshi Valley
GCN Wario Colosseum
3DS DK Jungle
Wii Bowser's Castle

Dorayaki said:
I don't know if you can take a roster of a game that hasn't been announced, it's seems far-fetched and trival, and I can also make a topic about Baseball or Golf WiiU

if there would be, we can only say at least those from Kart 6(Wii) except species should be in 8 again, also about new characters, please remember that "new racers" from 7 were even not including other main characters like Dixie

I'm concerned with Warioware members too, but they're not ensured to be in spinoffs yet (I'm more worrying about the next Warioware game...)
Those characters will probably never get in MKWU if it was real

Character list:

:mario:
:luigi:
:yoshi:
:bowser:
Dry
smilie_bowser.gif

:bowjr:
Smilie_v2_Donkey_Kong.gif

RandomGuy said:
But some of the MKW stages are boring

It's not going to be all of them.

I kind of think there should be a 5th Cup now. Because of the ammount of retro courses there are to choose from.

Perry the Platypus said:
Those characters will probably never get in MKWU if it was real
Did yo quote Warioware?

I think they have chances, if Marioverse characters are all available. It's just that the staff are used to use DK and Yoshi ones.

Crackin355 said:
I kind of think there should be a 5th Cup now. Because of the ammount of retro courses there are to choose from.

Well, Mario Kart Super Circuit had 10 cups in total. It was the only Mario Kart game to have 10 cups. I agree that they should return that.

That, and each cup should have 5 tracks instead of 4, like Super Mario Kart. Imagine, we would have 50 tracks!!

Anser said:
That, and each cup should have 5 tracks instead of 4, like Super Mario Kart. Imagine, we would have 50 tracks!!

That would be awesome as long as all of them are great! But since we have a plethora of retro courses to choose from, and that Nintendo's developers still make great Mario Kart courses, I can see that happening.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

That would be awesome as long as all of them are great! But since we have a plethora of retro courses to choose from, and that Nintendo's developers still make great Mario Kart courses, I can see that happening.

I know I am the only one who thinks this, but I would stop it with the Retro tracks thing already. I'd rather have all 50 being brand new courses. This is going to happen someday anyway. There will be a point where they'll have no more retro tracks to choose from. I'd say Mario Kart 8 should be the last in having retro tracks. From 9 on, I want only new tracks.

Are you serious? Then old-timers will get bored with this. Mario Kart became more nolstagic when you could play retro courses

RandomGuy said:
Are you serious? Then old-timers will get bored with this. Mario Kart became more nolstagic when you could play retro courses

Yes, I'm serious. We had four Mario Karts with all their tracks being brand-new. What's so bad about returning to that? Plus, it's going to happen someday anyway. As I said before, there will be a point where they will have re-used every single old track.

Anser said:
RandomGuy said:

Yes, I'm serious. We had four Mario Karts with all their tracks being brand-new. What's so bad about returning to that? Plus, it's going to happen someday anyway. As I said before, there will be a point where they will have re-used every single old track.
Three. Super Circuit had all the Super Mario Kart tracks.

And your argument on how they'll run out is invalid, as they'll always be making brand new tracks along with reusing some other tracks.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

I know I am the only one who thinks this, but I would stop it with the Retro tracks thing already. I'd rather have all 50 being brand new courses. This is going to happen someday anyway. There will be a point where they'll have no more retro tracks to choose from. I'd say Mario Kart 8 should be the last in having retro tracks. From 9 on, I want only new tracks.

That's a first. I thought everybody liked the idea of retro tracks. It's not easy coming up with entirely new tracks, so if they were to have all new tracks, either the quality of each would be lower or they'd have good quality, but still only 16.

Put it this way, Retro tracks are almost like extra goodies now, they're a lot quicker to make because the ideas don't have too be thought up and the time goes into making the stage look good.

They're not gonna throw away retro tracks since they make the game have double the ammoun of tracks and it doesn't take as long as thinking up an extra 16 on top of the 16 already made.

If they took away retro tracks, then we'd only have 16. And if we were to have more, the tracks would go down in quality/the game would take even longer too make.

Did I explain that well? If I didn't, then uh, here's the short version: you don't always get what you want, especially when what you want is to get rid of a lot people's favourite feature.

No no, wait a second! I never said I don't like having retro tracks! I'm just saying that I think we've had enough of them.

Minuette said:
And your argument on how they'll run out is invalid, as they'll always be making brand new tracks along with reusing some other tracks.

But the retro tracks will be only from the most recent Mario Karts, because there are only few tracks that haven't been used from the first games. What I mean is that, soon, there will be no eligible tracks from Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, etc.

Anser said:
No no, wait a second! I never said I don't like having retro tracks! I'm just saying that I think we've had enough of them.

Minuette said:

But the retro tracks will be only from the most recent Mario Karts, because there are only few tracks that haven't been used from the first games. What I mean is that, soon, there will be no eligible tracks from Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, etc.

Just repeat them. I'm sure people wouldn't mind Choco Mountain or Banshee Boardwalk on a system more capable of making the atmosphere and general racing of the level better.

Crackin355 said:
Just repeat them. I'm sure people wouldn't mind Choco Mountain or Banshee Boardwalk on a system more capable of making the atmosphere and general racing of the level better.

I wouldn't want that. I mean, it's having the same course for the third time... New is always better, I think.

Like I said, have too many new tracks and the quality would go down/would take very long to make.

By the time we get too repeating levels, it'll already have been ages from the last time we saw that level. Then it'd be nice to play a level that You remember from the past games, but enhanced.

Of course, it's all opinion, but you can't say you didn't enjoy any of the retro tracks so far.

Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit don't see their tracks being used as much as the other tracks, likely because it's quite dull to race on tracks that are completely flat.

Well it could be that they are from older games and they are trying to get the newer Mario kart tracks.

I really want tracks from MK64, MK:DD, MKW, MKDS, MK7

MnSG said:
Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit don't see their tracks being used as much as the other tracks, likely because it's quite dull to race on tracks that are completely flat.

Subjective

I absolutely would ADORE racing in Lakeside Park, Cheese Land, Vanilla Lake, etc. Super Circuit had some of the best track designs.

MnSG said:
I agree with you regarding Super Mario Kart, as classic as that game is, it's courses a mostly outdated. Super Circuit however actually has some really good track designs/themes that still hold up even when compared to the 3D games. Taking away the SC tracks that've already featured as retro tracks, Sunset Wilds; Ribbon Road; Yoshi Desert; Lakeside Park; Bowser Castle 4; and Rainbow Road are very interesting tracks that would work great in a new Mario Kart.

Mario Kart DS had 4 courses from each games, Wii and 3DS had many courses from previous game and least courses from SNES and GBA courses.
List of Wii courses: Four each N64, GCN and DS courses. Two each SNES and GBA courses.
List of 3DS courses: Four each Wii and DS courses, Three N64 courses, Two each SNES and GCN courses, Only one GBA course.
Mario Kart Wii U is maybe have Four 3DS courses, Three each Wii, DS courses, Two each N64 and GCN courses, Only one each SNES and GBA course.

Special Cup had always third course is Bowser's Castle(after GCN) and fourth course is Rainbow Road(entire).
Lightning Cup is a fourth Retro Course.
1. The game had Rainbow Road, this is always fourth course of Lightning Cup.
2. Do not have Rainbow Road, but have Bowser's Castle. They always picken fourth course of Lightning Cup is Bowser's Castle.

Shell
1. Daisy Hills (3DS)
2. Cheep Cheep Beach (DS)
3. Dry Dry Desert (GCN)
4. Toad's Factory (Wii)

Banana
1. Mario Circuit (3DS)
2. DK Summit (Wii)
3. Royal Raceway (N64)
4. Vanilla Lake 1 (SNES)

Leaf
1. Tick-Tock Clock (DS)
2. Sunset Wilds (GBA)
3. Neo Bowser City (3DS)
4. Wario's Gold Mine (Wii)

Lightning
1. Maka Wuhu (3DS)
2. Yoshi Valley (N64)
3. Bowser Castle (DS)
4. Rainbow Road (GCN)

My list of retro courses (only from MK64, MK:DD, MKDS, MKW, MK7) It is kind of a strange list but I don't care

Shell Cup
*3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
*GCN Dry Dry Desert
*Wii Toad's Factory
*N64 Yoshi Valley

Banana Cup
*N64 Toad's Turnpike
*DS Tick-Tock Clock
*3DS Music Park
*Wii DK Summit

Leaf Cup
*DS Wario Stadium
*GCN Mushroom City
*Wii Grumble Volcano
*3DS Neo Bowser City

Lightning Cup
*Wii Bowser's Castle
*3DS DK's Jungle
*GCN Sherbet Land
*N64 Rainbow Road

EDIT: Battle Course

*N64 Double Deck
*GCN Luigi's Mansion
*DS Tart Top
*Wii Chain Chomp Wheel
*3DS Honeybee Hive

A new battle course should be on the Wii U controller. They definitely need to bring that trend back with Mario characters battling on consoles

Back