What is the DUMBEST THING you've ever done playing a Mario game?

Well you pretty much have to lose in order to advance the story.

It's quite similar in Partners in Time where you have to lose to Shroobs.

In Mario Kart, I would sometimes throw a Bob-omb or Banana right in front of me and sometimes when I try to bump someone off the track, I miss them and go straight off the edge.

In Super Mario Bros, I tried to jump over a gap but I didn't notice there were blocks above, and I hit my head, fell, and died. -.-

Pandapowah said:
In Mario Kart, I would sometimes throw a Bob-omb or Banana right in front of me and sometimes when I try to bump someone off the track, I miss them and go straight off the edge.

In Super Mario Bros, I tried to jump over a gap but I didn't notice there were blocks above, and I hit my head, fell, and died. -.-

One thing I learned is never try to hit a very heavyweight character off a track when you are the tiniest character. You always lose.

Also, what's worse, if you jump over a gap and there is an invisible block right there and then you die. There's a whole video showing some custom made level of impossibility. Not going to post it, because the guy swears every other sentence, but it's called, I think "Mario Frustration" on YouTube. Yeah, if you type it into Google, it's the first thing that comes up.

CharizardLover said:
One thing I learned is never try to hit a very heavyweight character off a track when you are the tiniest character. You always lose.

I was Baby Luigi and I knocked off Donkey Kong several times in Twilight House while battling. Eh...

CharizardLover said:
Pandapowah said:

Also, what's worse, if you jump over a gap and there is an invisible block right there and then you die. There's a whole video showing some custom made level of impossibility. Not going to post it, because the guy swears every other sentence, but it's called, I think "Mario Frustration" on YouTube. Yeah, if you type it into Google, it's the first thing that comes up.

I didn't mean they bump me out instead, I meant that I missed when trying to hit them and ended up running straight off the edge.
I have watched that video LOL The stupid part about the thing I did was the blocks I didn't notice were visible and low to the ground, I think I made this blunder at a level with Lakitu.

Pandapowah said:
CharizardLover said:
Pandapowah said:

I didn't mean they bump me out instead, I meant that I missed when trying to hit them and ended up running straight off the edge.
I have watched that video LOL The stupid part about the thing I did was the blocks I didn't notice were visible and low to the ground, I think I made this blunder at a level with Lakitu.

I knew what you meant, I was just saying what that reminded me of. I think I know what level that was too if it was in NSMB.

CharizardLover said:
Pandapowah said:

I remember that video quite well. The Kaizo Mario World levels are just as unforgiving with the invisible blocks. At least for my custom New Super Mario Bros. Wii levels, invisible blocks are always on the helpful side; for example, they'd save you from any King Bills, and are never placed in spots that can easily hinder players.

I sort of remember SOME stupid things I've done.

In Mario Kart Wii, I hit myself with a red shell(usually happens on Rainbow Road). I hate that feeling whenever you do so. Another time I was doing battles. I was on Twilight House and I had a mega mushroom. I used it, but I accidently bumped my teammate off, causing them to lose a balloon :/

In Paper Mario:TTYD, I accidently used an ice storm against ice puffs and ice piranhas. Another time I used fiery jinx against phantom embers. Against a boss, I didn't know his attacks could pierce defense, so I equipped those damage dodge and defend plus badges for nothing :/

In Paper Mario 2, I tracked down General White and was ready to blast myself to the moon, except for one little problem, I forgot to talk to Gold Bob! I had to leave Fahr Outpost a second time and get Gold Bob's permission.

Yoshidude99 said:
In MKW I tried to jump a corner on Rainbow Road jumped it and then hit a railing and fell off the track

In the Wii version of Rainbow Road, I know a trick with a Golden Mushroom that will shave an unbelievable amount of seconds off of your time...that is if you don't fall off of course.

When I play Mario Kart, sometimes I like to drive off the edge after I finish just to be silly. Well this one time, I thought it was the 3rd lap but it was actually the 2nd, so, yeah. That was embarrassing, good thing nobody was around when I did it.

likesorange said:
When I play Mario Kart, sometimes I like to drive off the edge after I finish just to be silly. Well this one time, I thought it was the 3rd lap but it was actually the 2nd, so, yeah. That was embarrassing, good thing nobody was around when I did it.

LOL, this sometimes happens to me, too.

likesorange said:

Similar thing happened to my brother at Mario Kart Wii. It was the final lap and he was a few feet away from the finish line, so he decided to fool around and wiggle the Wii Wheel around. He accidently turned his wheel to the left too much and went straight off the edge. Instead of getting 2nd he got 6th.

In MKDS I hit myself with a Blue Shell, and if reality counts, I dropped and broke my DS whil playing NSMB. The game was safe though, so don't worry!

Ornithologist Mario said:
likesorange said:

LOL, this sometimes happens to me, too.

I remember that and my friend stopped during 3rd lap when I finished, he thought he is finished

King DDD said:
[quote mountain]

Was playing Mario Kart once. Was pissed because I kept losing to my brother. Drove the entire race backwards. Came in 4th.

When I was young, I played Double Dash!! with my friend. I had these things I called "Action Replays" because I kept doing them over and over again. Basically, since I sucked, I just drove off a cliff. Again. And again. And again.

Back