What is the DUMBEST THING you've ever done playing a Mario game?

At the end of world 4-3 in NSMB I bumped into the Goomba at the very and had to do half of the level all over again, it was annoying.

I was playing SMG and I did Luigi's purple coins, and when I had finally finished it after 10 tries, I got to the star, and I did a backflip, to be fancy, and fell into the pit. I had to try another 10 times.

Epic Nitwit said:
I was playing SMG and I did Luigi's purple coins, and when I had finally finished it after 10 tries, I got to the star, and I did a backflip, to be fancy, and fell into the pit. I had to try another 10 times.

I guess some people get rather cocky when they finally clear a task. Anyway, Ghostly Galaxy's purple coin mission is much more unforgiving for its smaller time limit though. I hated how even if I get 100 purple coins, I'd still fail the mission, due to having only less than 5 seconds left on the timer. At least SMG2 fixed up that problem.

MnSG said:
Epic Nitwit said:

I guess some people get rather *bleep*y when they finally clear a task. Anyway, Ghostly Galaxy's purple coin mission is much more unforgiving for its smaller time limit though. I hated how even if I get 100 purple coins, I'd still fail the mission, due to having only less than 5 seconds left on the timer. At least SMG2 fixed up that problem.

Yeah, having to both beat the mission and grab the star before time runs out is super annoying, but I think LPC is harder. Oh, and now I never do fancy stuff after that kind of mission. :P

I didn't have any problem with Ghostly Galaxy's Purple Coin mission or LPC the SMG2 version of LPC was really hard for me though

End of Special 1-Castle in Super Mario 3D Land. Got past Dry Bowser. Trying to grab the clock and get on top of the switch. When I get there, I have 5 or so seconds left. I waste them trying to get on the switch or grab the clock (both unsuccessfully, somehow) and run out of time.

Yoshidude99 said:
I didn't have any problem with Ghostly Galaxy's Purple Coin mission or LPC the SMG2 version of LPC was really hard for me though

I don't remember which version of LPC I had trouble with.

In Super Mario 3D Land, when I try to long-jump over pits, I sometimes accidentally do ground-pounds and drop right into them.

There's a lot of Super Mario 3DLand entries, I theorize because that's what everyone's playing right now. And Super Mario World 3, while not real, sounds like a good idear.

Marwikedor said:
And Super Mario World 3, while not real, sounds like a good idea.

Yeah I know, I made a mistake.

But there I know do recall a level which I was beyond stupid to die at. On NSMB, in the last, non-castle level at world 7, there's a bunch of minigoombas at the beginning. I ran right through them, slowed me down, and when I tried to jump on the cloud, I couldn't jump high enough and I died. Fastest death in that game right there.

In Super Paper Mario, I tried to earn the 100,000 Rubies or whatever manually. I also died on both the Count Bleck battle and the Super Dimentio battle, which most say is very easy. I won't last 5 seconds on the Shadow Queen....
In New super mario bros., I died on the first Goomba.
In Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story, I used all my Retry Clocks on the Midbus battle.

When I first played BIS I died a few time especially on bosses but every other time I played, I never died anywhere.

In one of my TTYD files, I used a Fright Mask on the Goomba Family in Rogueport Sewers. Even though I won the battle, I didn't get any star points.

In Mario Kart, I sometimes throw an item forward (banana or green shell) and drive right into them -_-

CharizardLover said:
Baby Luigi said:
In Mario Kart, I sometimes throw an item forward (banana or green shell) and drive right into them -_-

Don't we all? One time I got hit with my own Red and Spiny shell

Several times, I threw a Red Shell at a guy but I was driving too fast and I got hit by it.

When playing Paper Mario for Nintendo 64, when you are starting the game, you're forced to lose your first battle against Bowser at Peach's Castle. I kept turning off and on the console until I finally discovered it was impossible to win since I only had 10 HP and Bowser had no visible HP. I even cried in anger. I was just 7 years old. D:

FMGBASKFH said:
When playing Paper Mario for Nintendo 64, when you are starting the game, you're forced to lose your first battle against Bowser at Peach's Castle. I kept turning off and on the console until I finally discovered it was impossible to win since I only had 10 HP and Bowser had no visible HP. I even cried in anger. I was just 7 years old. D:

:lol:

Don Pianta said:
I used Fire Flowers against Lava Piranha and Thunder Rages against Huff N. Puff.

Something similar to that was me using Vivian's Fiery Jinx on Podobos.

FMGBASKFH said:

Even if it were possible to beat Bowser that early, the game would crash as a result.

MnSG said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Even if it were possible to beat Bowser that early, the game would crash as a result.

Yeah, I thought about that, but it's impossible unless you start cheating with external devices.

Back