What is the DUMBEST THING you've ever done playing a Mario game?

I thought you could actually jump on Grand Goomba's but I like to use the spin attack to defeat enemies.

Yoshidude99 said:
If you jump on them you get hurt

Ironic, considering that you could jump on the Mega Goomba in New Super Mario Bros.. Of course, in Yoshi's Story, you can't jump on Ravens, which can be done in Super Mario World 2.

In Mario Kart 7 battle mode, I accidentally killed my sister, who was my teammate. I'm still used to the fact that your own team wouldn't get hurt in Mario Kart Wii by your shells, but not for Mario Kart 7.

Baby Luigi said:
In Mario Kart 7 battle mode, I accidentally killed my sister, who was my teammate. I'm still used to the fact that your own team wouldn't get hurt in Mario Kart Wii by your shells, but not for Mario Kart 7.

That sounds just like the Team Attack feature that the Super Smash Bros. series uses.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

That sounds just like the Team Attack feature that the Super Smash Bros. series uses.

Except it's like in Mario Kart DS where "Friendly Fire" is always turned on.

Yesterday for me, today for most of you, I played Mario Kart Wii against Nega-Man on Wi-Fi. I was in first on DK Mountain when I got a Blue Shell and used it, hitting myself.

Sometimes, my fingers slip like that and I use a Mushroom in Battle Mode without really intending to use it.

Paper Yoshi said:
Yesterday for me, today for most of you, I played Mario Kart Wii against Nega-Man on Wi-Fi. I was in first on DK Mountain when I got a Blue Shell and used it, hitting myself.

At one point, I did hit myself with my own Spiny Shell in Double Dash!!, but it hasn't happened in Mario Kart Wii, although there have been occasions where I might get caught in the explosion.

likesorange said:
When I play Mario Kart, sometimes I like to drive off the edge after I finish just to be silly. Well this one time, I thought it was the 3rd lap but it was actually the 2nd, so, yeah. That was embarrassing, good thing nobody was around when I did it.

I do that a lot. Sometimes I think it is the final lap, but it is not.

Baby Time said:
This really isn't stupid, but I still want to share it, since this is the very first time that I had this happen. Never saw it happen on Youtube either.

While playing Dream Ice Hockey from Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, I accidentally scored an own goal.
How did that happen? My team was skating towards the puck, and I was holding the control pad to the left. I shook the Wii Remote to shoot, and my team shot it towards my own net and the puck went inside.
Also, if your team scores an own goal during Ice Hockey (real life or not), the last opponent on the other team that touched the puck gets credit for the goal. So let's say that Mario scores in his own net, and Yoshi was his last opponent that touched the puck. Yoshi gets credit for the goal.

Baby Time said:
likesorange said:
When I play Mario Kart, sometimes I like to drive off the edge after I finish just to be silly. Well this one time, I thought it was the 3rd lap but it was actually the 2nd, so, yeah. That was embarrassing, good thing nobody was around when I did it.

Heck yeah that happened to me

In one of the Mario Parties, I once used my magic lamp and then I realized I didn't have enough coins for the star. To put salt in the wound, I had 19 coins, I was one coin away from getting the star.

Baby Time said:
likesorange said:

That never really happens to me, since the background music is a hint on whether or not you're on the final lap.

In Maro Power Tennis I kept hitting the ball before it bounced and then scoring then getting another duce. The match seemed endless

I got a blue shell in 6th (in Mario Kart Wii), got to the top of the pack, and pressed the item button. You know the rest.

Yoshidude99 said:
Got a Red Shell in MKWii and it bounced off a wall then I drifted into it

Don't Red Shells get destroyed when they collide into walls?

MnSG said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Unless Yoshidude is playing a hacked version, yes.

Lord Ghirahim said:
MnSG said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Unless Yoshidude is playing a hacked version, yes.
I don't think Yoshidude even knows how to hack.

I think he made a typo and meant "Green Shell"

In Mario Kart 7, I accidentally throw Red Shells backwards even though my opponent is in front of me. I don't if it's me or bad input.

I was playing "tag mode" in Mario Kart Wii and I was chasing my friend in wrong way and I threw red shell and it went oppsite way

Back