The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

I should probably point out that in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, I actually lost to Super-Perfect Cell while I was using Hirudegarn in the Cell Games. Obviously, this wouldn't be possible in the anime, since in Wrath of the Dragon, Hirudegarn was able to defeat Ultimate Gohan.

Usually, they try to make characters more balanced in video games. Otherwise, everyone would be playing as Broly or SSJ4 Gogeta and it would be too easy and unfair.

Vegeta
Vegeta
Vegeta
VEGETA.

Vegeta's one of the MAIN CHARACTERS. He's sort of the reason why everything happened in DBZ. Without him, they wouldn't have gone to Namek. Without going to Namek, they wouldn't have had to fight Frieza. Which when they did, then lead into Cell and the Buu Saga and etc.

We were discussing Budokai Tenkaichi 2, not why Vegeta is important. Granted he is important, but that comment was a little out of nowhere.

Just thought I'd post this

One of the most if not the most epic scene in DBZ. The combination of Vegeta's Super Saiyan theme, that epic shot of Vegeta, Goku screaming now's your chance, Ginyu transformation theme, Cell screaming about cornbread. It's great.

I thought Cell was alright. When I was a kid, and I had steady access to Dragon Ball Z, he was pretty much the first DBZ villain I came to know.

GalacticPetey said:
Usually, they try to make characters more balanced in video games. Otherwise, everyone would be playing as Broly or SSJ4 Gogeta and it would be too easy and unfair.

At least Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form has traits that are identical to that of the giants; weaker fighters are not capable of flinching him directly, but they can still grab him, and perform rushing blast moves on him. Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta does not have those traits at all, even though he's literally invincible in the anime. As for Omega Shenron, he has to be in Max Power mode to have Legendary Super Saiyan Broly's traits.

Shows what I know, I havent't played any DBZ games. I have seen many videos. Since we're on the subject of Video Games, who do you guys I think has the best moveset judged on power, appearance, uniqueness, etc.

Cell said:
Shows what I know, I havent't played any DBZ games. I have seen many videos. Since we're on the subject of Video Games, who do you guys I think has the best moveset judged on power, appearance, uniqueness, etc.

Well, I do think that Super-Perfect Cell, Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, Kid Buu, Great Ape Baby, Super 17, and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, are some of the best fighters in Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

In fact, if you give Super 17 a Z Item that makes his blast moves unblockable (Limitless Power and Succession Technique, with the former going quite well with Shenron's Record), along with starting matches with 5 Ki bars (Genuine Power), he's an even bigger threat; androids (including Meta Cooler, but excluding Cell and Cell Jr.) are immune to dizziness.

The one thing I hate about androids in the Budokai Tenkaichi games is their inability to charge Ki, especially since it can be a pain to time the absorption of energy attacks.

Mario4Ever said:
The one thing I hate about androids in the Budokai Tenkaichi games is their inability to charge Ki, especially since it can be a pain to time the absorption of energy attacks.

At least that price has its pros as well, since almost all androids can't get dizzy, and their health and energy can't be drained. Of course, Android 19 and Dr. Gero have to be fighting to build up their Ki, but their grabs are more devastating, since they absorb more Ki than what Cell's first two forms can pull off.

Super 17 is pretty much the best android with those features, since in Budokai Tenkaichi 2, when he grabs a foe, he'll immediately steal some of his/her health, and at least 2 Ki bars, which allows you to use his Blast 2 moves more quickly. Unfortunately, Super 17 can't grab giants, and he lacks the Rolling Hammer move, which would make grabbing foes much easier.

BTW I saw one of the last episodes of DBZ Kai where Cell is defeated. Managed to see the whole Gohan Vs. Cell fight. Kai's version did it really well still, but I again preferred how the original dub did it. They removed stuff like Cell's flashback story that I felt was quite interesting to hear even if it was a little bit of filler to push the beam struggle to another episode. Also Chi-Chi and Ox King are shown celebrating when we got no indication they even knew Gohan won in the Kai version. In the original we have Fortuneteller Baba show up with her Crystal Ball.

This is what happens when you cut out too much filler. Some you must keep. (Although, Frieza still lies in Kai. Namek did not blow up in 5 minutes.)

Cell said:
This is what happens when you cut out too much filler. Some you must keep. (Although, Frieza still lies in Kai. Namek did not blow up in 5 minutes.)
I basically use that joke whenever I talk to friends about overly long filler in a given anime. "Are we still on Namek?"

Cell said:

Unless Namek operates on a different time system.

This is how Time in DBZ works

According to Frieza: 5 minutes=10 episodes

Buu: A few minutes=1 second

Mario4Ever said:
Cell said:

Or for that matter whereever Frieza's species is from

Northern Verve said:
Mario4Ever said:
Cell said:

Or Frieza is stupid as hell

Northern Verve said:

If I had to guess, Planet Frieza No. 1, if such a planet exists.

Immaback and want to revive this thread. GT has been airing. WITH THAT SHITTY RAP!

You should contact fellow DBZ fans to revive this thread so you don't have to keep double/triple posting.

Back