The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

Not like GT had much else, to be honest (I didn't like the "evil dragons"). Anyway, the sequel was supposed to cover the rest.

So I read. I didn't like the shadow dragons much either. I liked the Super 17 saga because it was a big round up of previous villains. On the other hand, Cell looked like shit and Super 17 looked like he was on steroids at times.

Frieza looks better though IMO. Why didn't they make a sequel about Goku Jr.'s decendants? :'(

My guess is because people wouldn't like it as much if all the main characters were gone. The only one still alive is Pan. We all know how useless and annoying she is. Android 18 might still be alive, but other than that, the Z fighters are all dead by that time.

* GalacticPetey goes Super Saiyan in rage

You wretched child! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

But seriously, I highly recommend you either watch the anime or read the manga. What games have you played?

BT3, and that's about it. I never win because my cousin uses that Devilman guy and uses the pitchfork thing every five seconds.

But I actually did watch a few episodes of Z I think with my cousin. It was so long ago, so don't expect me to remember anything about it.

BT3 is the one I play. Devilman is a pushover. If you play as a hero, his ultimate can't hurt you. If you want a challenge, face Hirudegarn. However, I've beaten him while taking no damage before. I used Gogeta.

That actually reminds me. I've known about DBZ for a long time. Since I caught it sometimes on Toonami when I was young. But I wasn't yet a huge fan yet. As I usually just caught whatever was on Cartoon Network at the time when I was watching TV at a young age.

I didn't become a huge fan until I tried out Dragonball Z Budokai sometime in the early 2000s (The very first one) for the Gamecube. I really liked the game and I think the cutscenes which were pretty much reimagined scenes of some of the more famous scenes from the Series were really well done. I wanted to see more of the actual series after that. And I eventually got hooked enough that now I own a set of over 20 DVDs that includes every single Dragonball Z episode plus some movies. If I ever get into the mood for some DBZ I like to rewatch certain Sagas. The one I rewatch by far the most is the Android one since that's my personal favorite.

I feel the same abou the android saga. It's the best IMO. It was more realistic than the Frieza saga. It was also darker and even scary at times (Imperfect Cell). It was also not as ridiculous as the Buu saga. Cell was also a perfect villain.

The Buu Saga was fine. Albeit it's not quite as fun to rewatch the entire Saga because of how long it is. Sometimes it's just better to skip right to Majin Vegeta, or when Buu first appears, or even when Super Buu is born. Not that the whole World Tournament part isn't entertaining. It had some genuinely hilarious moments I enjoyed such as the "Reenactment of Hercule defeating Cell" or Vegeta punching the Strength machine and destroying it.

Because as much flack the series gets for so much Filler. I thought that with the filler it added so much more suspense, humor, and everything. The filler sometimes just kinda adds more charm to the series in my opinion. It's also part of the reason I felt DBZ Kai while having improved voice acting didn't nearly have the impact that the original Funimation Dub did. Kai allowed for nonstop plot advancing and fights. But personally I think it sort of hollows out the series and I think it's a good thing when they have a breather episode or even a sort of day in the limelight for a character that isn't usually the focus.

Might be a tad hypocritical to say that right when I'm talking about skipping to a certain part. But I only apply that to rewatching. If you're seeing the series for the first time I think it's well worth it to try to catch all the episodes to get the full experience.

Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy has got to be the STUPIDEST name ever

Northern Verve said:
Yeah. Kai did feel a little too fast paced. However, it gets way too much undeserved hate. The voice acting is far better. Frieza no longers sounds like an old woman. People often dislike Gohan's kai voice. While it is higher, he should have a higher voice at his young age. Granted his teen voice could've been deeper. Also, anyone who says "Kai sux! It haz no bluud!" is just plain ignorant.

Frieza reminds me of a British Mewtwo with the voicing and the looks

Chris Ayres is amazing as Frieza. He manages to be very creepy when he potrays him.

Gogeta said:
Cell was also a perfect villain.

I see what you did there.

Good for you for finding that. You get a cookie.

BUU! GO MAKE A COOKIE FOR M4E!

Gogeta said:
Northern Verve said:
Yeah. Kai did feel a little too fast paced. However, it gets way too much undeserved hate. The voice acting is far better. Frieza no longers sounds like an old woman. People often dislike Gohan's kai voice. While it is higher, he should have a higher voice at his young age. Granted his teen voice could've been deeper. Also, anyone who says "Kai sux! It haz no bluud!" is just plain ignorant.

Kai sucks for having no blood is a lame reason, since there are uncut versions of the series that you can buy on DVD. You just need to look hard for them. Of course, I never saw the uncut version, so I'm just guessing here.

You don't need to look hard. I see dvds of uncut Kai all the time at Best Buy.

Also, episode 30 (part 1) of dbza was released today.

Gogeta said:
You don't need to look hard. I see dvds of uncut Kai all the time at Best Buy.

Also, episode 30 (part 1) of dbza was released today.

I guess I just don't pay close attention, since I've seen more DVDs for the original Dragon Ball Z than for Kai.

You won't find it at Target or Walmart. Best Buy is the only place I've seen them.

I've seen at least one volume of Kai in my library, but obviously, you can only rent media there. So yeah, Best Buy is basically your best option for finding uncut anime DVD bundles.

Back