The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
wait, will android 17 ever come back to life?

Might want to spoiler tag that. I would assume he'd be wished back. If he's not, he's not in EoZ anyway so it doesn't really matter. Though he has a family so it would suck if he was dead for good.

Oh man, did I actually say that? Man, I'm not myself when I'm up late and stressed.

I meant more so that there's no continuity error if he doesn't come back, but I absolutely want him back. If Dragon Ball continues post Super I would love to see him in more stuff.

Dragon Ball Super has come to an end after 131 episodes.

It's certainly been a crazy ride. Has it really been nearly three years since we were making jokes about Episode 5's animation? We slogged through two movie recap arcs, but I liked a lot of the new stuff that followed. I loved how the lore was expanded so much. All the stuff regarding the Gods, other universes, etc.

Super I think was a much better follow up to Z than GT ever was. GT had a ton of cool concepts, many of which were actually much more inventive than the stuff in Super, but the execution was very lacking. Super had a lot of shortcomings, but when Super did stuff right, oh boy did they do things right. Scenes like the Kaioken against Hit, Hakai, Vegetto Blue, and so many moments from the Tournament of Power. I'm gonna miss Super.

Bump, but something's been on my mind and I was curious about hearing other people's thoughts. Copying and pasting what I wrote on Reddit.

I always find it odd when people treat Gohan in different points of his life as different characters. The phrasing is a little bit weird, so let me explain. I often see people when listing their favorite Dragon Ball characters will include "Teen Gohan" (who's not even a teen, I wish that name would go away) as if he's a separate character from Gohan when he's on Namek or high school. Future Gohan I get because timelines. ScrewAttack's a pretty grievous example of this with them listing Buu saga Gohan as their least favorite character.

I don't know, when I say Gohan is one of my favorite characters, I mean him as a whole. Yes he acts differently in the Buu saga versus the way he does during the Cell Games, but that's just called character growth. He goes from practically a ten year old to high school student. He's gonna act a little differently. He matured and franjly became more interesting. I love the stuff with Gohan in high school and Saiyaman.

Not to sound aggressive and elitist with this, but i feel like a lot of "Teen" Gohan fans aren't Gohan fans. They like Super Saiyan 2, but they don't have a love for the character since the Cell Games is when he's out of character the most. Shitting on everything that came before and after for the character and only focusing on how "cool" Super Saiyan 2 was, I don't know it leaves a poor taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, the Super Saiyan 2 sequence is beautiful (at least in the Japanese, the English dub butchers it). I just feel like people should treat Gohan's character holistically and not view it in arbitrary chunks and age designations used for video games.

Dhro_Qi_KVAAA5ri_B.jpg

it broyl

so probably a remake/retelling/re-imagining of the original and hopefully they've learned from any mistakes made at any point in the original trilogy. maybe they could even adapt the "what if he became mr. satan's friend like a certain someone else" story from supersonic warriors 2

wen paragus

And with that the worst character has come to Dragon Ball Super.

Here's hoping that Toriyama's take on him creates a more interesting and fleshed out character. At the very least the animation will be gorgeous.

Oh this reminds, I haven't posted on the Super movie here at all. It's a canon film set after the end of Super. Here's the teaser.

As you can see the art and animation look incredible. Here's some more art.
b42bb37020df48c29b42bb8615c6e1cf.jpg

DdZh1UHWkAEcnWh.jpg

DgA3oAuVMAA_Ew3.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Super-New-Designs.jpg

I LOVE the look of this film.

That's something I've always noticed and thought about, partly because Cell's voice is one of my favorite to do. It's actually the voice I use for my current DnD character.

Back