The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

I still watch the new episodes of Kai but if the poll were between only the original DBZ and Kai I'd pick the original because as much as I respect Kai for getting rid of most of the filler and shortening the first 3 major sagas to just under 100 episodes there's too many moments that I felt the original did better then Kai. Maybe it's more Nostalgia goggles but between seeing the the Kai episodes and the episodes I own on 15 discs that's my honest opinion. Kai sometimes rushes scenes and because of that, it doesn't give me the same impact the original did. And again the Bruce Faulconer tracks are better then Kai's soundtrack IMO.

There's also the lame censoring. I know that it's to make it more kid friendly but we've seen those scene several times that supposed brown spots was originally blood. Also the lamely edited pants on Vegeta's message to Goku (When originally he had nothing on and we could see his well... butt). Also when 18 destroys a truck the driver is heard yelling something in Kai. C'mon you know that guy was toast in the original.

I actually saw the Dragon Ball GT series, along with its lost episodes. Too bad that only a few of the characters from that series appeared in the Budokai Tenkaichi games.

Oh yeah, the censoring... Blue Popo makes me cringe. :-\

The censoring was always bad in the USA TV airings. We were just discussing the other day in another thread about how Tien could "see their parachutes" when a helicopter was blown up.

Smashgoom202 said:

Yeah the CW4Kids did do a lot more censoring than what Nicktoons did. Another censor that was done was that "Spirit Bomb" got renamed "Spirit Blast". I'm also starting to think that the CW4Kids won't go beyond the Frieza saga, as the Android and Cell sagas are probably way too much for the CW4Kids to accept.

I remember seeing the VERY FIRST episode of DBZ Kai, and loudly groaning at the sight of the farmer's "laser bullets". Seriously? Sheesh...

If you but kai on dvd, it's uncut and has swearing and blood. There's no laser, blue popo, or Spirit blast in the nicktoons version

Smashgoom202 said:

Don't tell me Popo's considered offensive to African-Americans because of a perceived resemblance to "blackface" performers...it's Jynx all over again.

Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Don't tell me Popo's considered offensive to African-Americans because of a perceived resemblance to "blackface" performers...it's Jynx all over again.

At least that type of censor only exists in the CW4Kids dub. Mr. Popo is untouched in the Nicktoons dub.

Good thing nothing happened with Commander Black in dragon ball

GalacticPetey said:
Thoughts on Dragon Ball Evolution movie?

I've never seen it, but hearing most people's thoughts it's best it stays that way.

Northern Verve said:
GalacticPetey said:
Thoughts on Dragon Ball Evolution movie?

I've never seen it, but hearing most people's thoughts it's best it stays that way.
I was going to watch it, but when I read the reviews, they hit me harder then a Spirit Bomb

I never saw that movie, but live-action really isn't a good idea for anime shows.

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:
Yeah. I imagine live action pokemon :eek:

That should NEVER come to pass, for all I care.
I think so too. Anyway about Dragon Ball Z, who do you guys think is the best villain? Cell and Broly are my favorites.

I often consider Cell to be the best Dragon Ball Z villain. In terms of the movies, Broly would be my pick. However, I'm kind of disturbed that we never get to see Broly take on a Super Saiyan 2 (Gohan), or a Super Saiyan 3 (Goten and Kid Trunks never became Gotenks to fight Broly), as that would help us know if the Legendary Super Saiyan outranks those levels too. Super Saiyan 4 is GT exclusive, which Broly never appears in.

GalacticPetey said:
In Broly: Second Coming, Gohan fought Broly as a SSJ2.

I guess it has been awhile since I watched the Dragon Ball Z movies.

You know, in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, it does seem odd, but Super Saiyan Trunks (NOT Trunks (Sword)) has an easier time fighting giant characters than Super Saiyan 2 Gohan. Ironically, Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan handles giants better than his older self as well, but I guess the reason for that is to prove that adult Gohan's fighting skills have gotten rusty after the Cell Games.

Another oddity is that Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta can handle giants better than Super Saiyan 2 Goku, but I guess that's because Vegeta never became a Super Saiyan 3, which Goku was able to achieve.

I agree with you there. Oh actually, in Raging Blast, Vegeta can go Super Saiyan 3.

GalacticPetey said:
I agree with you there. Oh actually, in Raging Blast, Vegeta can go Super Saiyan 3.

If I'm not mistaken Broly got a Super Saiyan 3 form in one of the Raging Blast games as well. But what I'm puzzled with is why you couldn't play as Super Saiyan Broly (Broly's true Super Saiyan form when he's not being controlled) in the Budokai Tenkaichi games. If you include that Super Saiyan form, Broly would've had a total of 4 forms you could use. Instead, you're just stuck with normal Broly, Restrained Super Saiyan Broly, and Legendary Super Saiyan Broly.

Back