The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
I think people need to realize that Gohan never wanted to be a fighter. He has a loving wife, an adorable daughter, a nice, big house, and the job he always wanted. Trunks even mentions how happy he is that Gohan realized his dream that he never could have had in the alternate timeline.

And yet at the end of the Resurrection F saga, he's shown regret for being unable to protect his family, enough so that he started training with Piccolo again. If that scene indicates anything, it's that he's not as happy lagging behind everyone as he has lead himself (and the audience) to believe.

Unless he's quietly dropped his training again off-screen (which, in sequence with aforementioned scene, would be absolutely ridiculous story-telling-wise), the plot is developing towards a Gohan who is able to balance his scholar career with training and become strong again.

Maybe him regaining his strength will even be a key point in this arc. Maybe the ones who restore the future will be Trunks and (an alternate version of) his old mentor. They might even be able to synch up and fuse to become Gohanks. Maybe that's who defeats Black in the end?

Though it's probably just going to be Goku again.

I will say it's interesting that they devoted a whole episode just to Gohan and his family. It's most likely just filler, or (and this is a long shot) they're setting up what you mentioned at the end of the RoF arc. We've seen just how much Gohan's family means to him. I can imagine a scenario where something bad happens to them and Gohan has one of his trademarked rage outbursts. Then again, Piccolo, one of his closest friends, got murdered by Freeza (trying to save Gohan no less) and that didn't do anything.

Conversely, they seem to be building up Vegeta's anger towards Black for what he did to Future Bulma. I can see Vegeta being the one who wants to destroy Black. Then again, we had a similar situation with Freeza and we saw how that turned out.

Episode 53:

We meet Zamasu, a Kaioshin from Universe 10 who has a strong dislike for mortals. He doesn't see the point in protecting beings who always engage is "senseless war" and the like. His battle with Goku seems to only further this belief. I'm curious as to how he becomes Black though. One can easily imagine that in this timeline, he decides to take action and uses Goku's appearance to destroy the humans on Earth. However, Goku never would have met him in Trunks' timeline so it doesn't make sense for him to take Goku's appearance. Of course, it could be this timeline's Zamasu going to Trunks' world, but why would he go to that timeline instead of the main one? We do see Black travelling between timelines, so the rings can do this, but it still doesn't explain why that timeline. We'll just have to wait and see.

It is important to note that Black is wearing a green Potara, which belongs to the older Kai. I'm getting "murdery" vibes from Zamasu so I can easily imagine him killing his mentor and taking the earrings.

Trunks meeting 18 was cute. It was neat to see but glad they didn't dwell on it for a really long time. Really looking forward to some Vegeta and Trunks training.

I was beginning to wonder if he was that clay doll Mr. Popo made to fight/train kid Goku in a filler episode, all grown up. Maybe twenty or thirty years from now TFS will find a way to make that the case in their version.

It would be funny if the whole thing that kicked off the human genocide was Goku being an annoying, pushy shit towards Zamasu. If that was my first impression of an actual real life mortal, I'd be thinking about blowing them all up too.

I definitely got that vibe. It seems like Goku inadvertently created Black by showing up and meeting Zamasu. Now he's angrier, knows about the time rings, and has seen Goku's form and recognizes it's appearance and ki. I recall Beerus saying Black felt like Goku, but slightly different. Maybe after meeting Goku, Zamasu has learned how to mimic his ki signature.

Episode 54

Zamasu just got his singular green potara earring. Slowly but surely he's making the shift towards Black. I was hoping for more Vegeta / Trunks training, but I had to laugh at Trunks asking to see Vegeta go SSJ3, and then him laughing it off and going Blue instead.

Beerus slamming his head into the table when the Omni-King showed up was the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Episode 56:
This is one of the best Super episodes so far. Trunks and Mai together, Vegeta giving food to the refugees, YAJIROBE IN THE FUTURE (who apparently survived the android attack because he ate Karin's last senzu bean. Karin died right afterwards), Super Saiyan Rose, Vegeta getting stabbed, and Zamasu descending from the heavens to kill Goku himself. I can't believe I have to wait a week. Zamasu and Black are some of my favorite villains in the series so far.

I thought I was gonna dislike Super Saiyan Rose, but I am loving this design. It looks great on Black. Now the floodgates for theories about Black's identity have opened again. It seems he and Zamasu are two different people, but where did Black come from?

Someone better perform a doping test on Trunks. That kind of power output is not natural for a SSJ2.

Rage power-ups most likely. Considering Black killed his mother and nearly killed his father as well. We saw SSJ2 Vegeta wail on Beerus, if only for a brief period.

Also, that animation was gorgeous. The two on two fight was so sleek and well choreographed.

Well the Future Trunks arc has wrapped up and I can safely say it's been the best arc of Super so far. Liked it more than the Universe Six arc and it was miles ahead of the movie retellings. The animation was better and for the first time in a long while there were actual stakes. Black and Zamasu were great villains and I was actually left wondering how the heroes were gonna make it out alive.

I don't even mind the Vegetto retcon that much. It keeps the potara from being an instant win card. I'm really glad Trunks got the kill at the end. After everything he went through, it was fitting for him to be the one to kill Black / Zamasu. Well, besides his brief Giygas moment where he sorta became the universe. Omni-King cleaned that up nicely though.

Next week it looks like Goku is gonna fight Arale. I am way too excited to see this.

Newest episode was perfect. One particularly neat thing was how most of Vegeta's dialogue once he figures out what's going on is a reference to his appearance in Neko Majin.

Man, Beerus is lucky he got the raging shits before his battle with Arale started. He would have gotten destroyed.

YAMCHA SUCCEEDS. And it's an echo of his other Great Success, when he valiantly sacrifices himself to ensure his friends have one less Saibaman to worry about.

Fun fact, in TFS's riff of Evolution, Lani keeps defending the movie until near the end when Yamcha wins a fight, at which point he's just as harsh as everyone else because the movie broke the franchise's one rule.

That was the funniest episode of Super yet, and one of the funniest in the franchise as a whole. So many good moments. Especially the slow pitch and Yamcha's death pose. I love how the Yamcha death pose has become a meme and seeing Toei actually reference it is really funny.

Getting major tonal dissonance from the teaser. That happy music over a potentially dead Goku and Goten crying. I wonder if this is the next big arc or if it's just another filler arc like the Copy-Vegeta one until the next big one. At least we get to see Hit.

Details about the next arc have started to come out.

universe_survival_arc_vjump_twitter.jpg

Yes, you're seeing that correctly. That's 17.

Looks like it's the multiverse tournament and each universe has team of ten fighters. Repping Universe Seven we have Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Buu, Tenshinhan, Krillin, 17, 18, and Roshi. Super hyped for fighter Gohan and the return of 17.

Notably missing are the kids and Yamcha. Yamcha has retired and Bulma and Chi-Chi probably don't want the boys fighting in this tournament. With those three unavailable, Roshi is the next strongest fighter. I guess Yajirobe was also unavailable. More Roshi is always welcome though.

Wow, Gohan. And WOW, 17.

The kids not participating makes sense. Their main shtick is fusion, and that's probably against tournament rules.

Yep, it's official. 10 man team for a multiverse tournament

CzwkUU5VIAA6zS7.jpg

I wonder, does every universe have a team of 10? Cause that's 120 fighters right there. Can't imagine we'll see too many of them.

A cool theory I saw was a team based Hunger Games style thing where all the teams are plopped onto a random planet and had to explore the planet and fight each other. It would have allowed for the characters to split up and get some cool interactions and a chance to shine before Goku and Vegeta win. Like imagine Piccolo and 17 going off to work together, or 18, Gohan, and Roshi taking on a group Universe 3 fighters.

EDIT: Oh wait!

The summary apparently mentions team battles and also "marks the start of universes being wiped out"

Holy shit, Omni-King ain't playing.

Guys guys I'm psychic again I predicted jokes in the new TFS Broly thing

First of all, when the South Galaxy is destroyed, Goku's first suspect is Cell.

SiFi said:
Hey, South Galaxy?

...south galaxy?

Gee, I wonder what happened to the South Galaxy. Maybe Cell had something to do with it.

Second, King Vegeta's execution attempt is called "half assed", and and when I first mentioned my theory that Broly has some form of resurrective immortality:

SiFi said:
consider his first death at the hands of King Vegeta. KV wouldn't half-ass something like that

Either that or someone at TFS read those posts... which they'd need an account for, since they're both in Mindless Junk.

...LINE UP THE USUAL SUSPECTS

TFS Broly Part 1 was wonderful. Vegeta was on point and I loved Broly asking everyone what their power level was.

Beerus got a name drop and they used his music when Broly was transforming. That was pretty cool.

Back